Official Spider-Man 3 Box Office Thread - Predictions and Forecasts

I think it has the juice to cross $890M WW.

You speak the truth my good man. Armageddon and Transformers are pretty much the same beast.

Somebody give this fellow a golden star. :cwink:

Just my gf coming back from a week-long travel tomorrow will be more than enough for reward...:woot:

The success of the Spider-Man franchise is mind-boggling. You know Warner Bros. is like 888M, WTF? Sony has to be dazed to this, as well. I still can't quite figure out why Spider-Man and not Superman or Batman. Obviously, there must be tons more who are not comic book fans going to see these Spidey films. If they were all comic book fans, Spidey's comic books would be selling like Harry Potter's books, lol. :cool:

^ Because kids and people can relate more to Peter Parker than Superman or Batman. That's why. Batman has also gone quite a bitter darker and more serious than the Tim Burton franchise so even though to most people it's a better movie it won't bring in as large of a crowd which seems silly to me.

Relating to the character really has little to do with it. I can't relate to the characters of Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter (as most people can't), and those franchises are huge too. Call me clueless, but do people really care about relating to characters in fictional films?

^ I think relating to the character has a lot to do with it. Out of all the super-heroes I can think of, Spider-Man is the "every man" hero that just about everyone can easily relate to.

Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter are in a completely different genre. That's why they are also incredibly successful.

^^^
Yeah i mean look at this way...Peter Parker is the kind of guy most guys relate to or cheer for,he is not big,he is not some handsome guy(he is good-looking but not like some model,like Superman)he gets his ass kicked but still finds a way to get up and return the favor....and he is also a great guy for the female population:honest,brave,caring,a guy you can turn to whenever it gets tough...those are some of the qualities that make the Spider-man movies one of the biggest franchises ever and probably the biggest comic book franchise that will ever be.

^^^
Yeah i mean look at this way...Peter Parker is the kind of guy most guys relate to or cheer for,he is not big,he is not some handsome guy(he is good-looking but not like some model,like Superman)he gets his ass kicked but still finds a way to get up and return the favor....and he is also a great guy for the female population:honest,brave,caring,a guy you can turn to whenever it gets tough...those are some of the qualities that make the Spider-man movies one of the biggest franchises ever and probably the biggest comic book franchise that will ever be.
I can relate to Peter Parker. The Films are incredible with amazing Storylines, action, romance, suspense, humor, etc. It's a VERY great Franchise and I know it will remain that way! Spidey, you rule!! :up::up::up:

spidermanhero12 i've been reading your posts for a while and all i say is Stan Lee would be proud of a fan like you :woot: :woot: :spidey:

and yeah SPIDEY RULES!!!

I see that you joined BOM Kargo! I continue my lurking ways on there. lol

Yeah someone had to bring the Spidey WW tracking thread back to the forefront!

The success of the Spider-Man franchise is mind-boggling. You know Warner Bros. is like 888M, WTF? Sony has to be dazed to this, as well. I still can't quite figure out why Spider-Man and not Superman or Batman. Obviously, there must be tons more who are not comic book fans going to see these Spidey films. If they were all comic book fans, Spidey's comic books would be selling like Harry Potter's books, lol. :cool:

Because people like Spider-Man more than Supes & Batman. Though Batman is up there though.

All that "relating to" stuff is a load of crap.

I don't like Spider-Man because I can relate to him. I can't relate to the beauty in his fighting style because I can't fight that way, I can't relate to his powers because I'm not superhuman, I can't relate to his super model wife, model at best for me, not super model, I can't relate to his selflessness, because you know I'll be raking in the dough with those powers, like most would.

Bottom line is, we don't like heroes because we can relate to them, we like heroes because their different powers intrigue us and we want to see how they juggle having those powers with their normal lives.

Having said that. Why does Spider-Man make so much more than all the other heroes? His powers may not be the flashiest, but they are the coolest. Webslinging by far being the best. Watching Spider-Man in action is like poetry in motion, though the movies have only scratched the surface of that.

Relating to the character really has little to do with it. I can't relate to the characters of Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter (as most people can't), and those franchises are huge too. Call me clueless, but do people really care about relating to characters in fictional films?

Many kids can relate to Harry Potter and Peter Parker. It's not about the Super Powers or Wizadry they relate too but these characters look like themselves or just normal kids. They have personal problems, they're victims of bullies, they have family problems, etc...Batman is a bit more detached but at least he's human. That's why Smallville is so damn popular.

Recap for those who may have missed it. :spidey:

Domestic: $335,625,539
Foreign: $552,809,653

Worldwide: $888,435,192

Spidey made $2 million overseas this past weekend!

Many kids can relate to Harry Potter and Peter Parker. It's not about the Super Powers or Wizadry they relate too but these characters look like themselves or just normal kids. They have personal problems, they're victims of bullies, they have family problems, etc...Batman is a bit more detached but at least he's human. That's why Smallville is so damn popular.

I'm sorry but Spider-Man hasn't been bullied since the mid 60's and Superman has family problems, so........

spidermanhero12 i've been reading your posts for a while and all i say is Stan Lee would be proud of a fan like you :woot: :woot: :spidey:

and yeah SPIDEY RULES!!!
Thanks man. :yay::up:

Originally Posted by Advanced Dark
I'm a victim of bullies. I got picked on in school all of this year. For example, a kid in my class makes funny of Me sometimes and my home room is on the middle floor, and I was on the top floor. The kid books Me and everybody starts laughing. That right there is one of the reasons I can relate to Peter Parker. I have been picked on plenty of times befor as well. That is one of the things that make this franchise so great! I love this franchise with all My heart and I always will. Peter Parker being like a normal kid is one of the things that is so fascinating about the Character. There are alot of reasons why the Spidey Films (and Comics) are so great and this is just one of the reasons.

All that "relating to" stuff is a load of crap.

I don't like Spider-Man because I can relate to him. I can't relate to the beauty in his fighting style because I can't fight that way, I can't relate to his powers because I'm not superhuman, I can't relate to his super model wife, model at best for me, not super model, I can't relate to his selflessness, because you know I'll be raking in the dough with those powers, like most would.

Bottom line is, we don't like heroes because we can relate to them, we like heroes because their different powers intrigue us and we want to see how they juggle having those powers with their normal lives.

Having said that. Why does Spider-Man make so much more than all the other heroes? His powers may not be the flashiest, but they are the coolest. Webslinging by far being the best. Watching Spider-Man in action is like poetry in motion, though the movies have only scratched the surface of that.

You're right and wrong at the same time. People like watching the action & powers that Spider-Man has. But it's his alter-ego, Peter Parker, that we were talking about relating to. It's the combination of both that makes Spider-Man stand out among the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"