Official Superman Returns Misc Thread

Discussion in 'Superman Returns' started by scifiwolf, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I only have night terrors.

2. right considering this is the thread for off topic.

go to the link in my sig.. chapman and kennedy are awesome and deserve more recoignition.

3. Morgoth Registered

I had a major brain fart today and was thinking SR came out in 2007.:O

4. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

Woah, haha, that would suck. Sometimes in a weird way, I wish it was 2007 it was coming out, just because I do enjoy all this anticipation, and when the movie comes out all that will be gone. But there probably will be a sequel to look forward to.

5. CGHulk Registered

This is old stuff, but now that there's a misc section I think this info is now thread worthy. :)

http://www.vfxworld.com/?atype=articles&id=2771You'll need a username and password to read it, but I posted all that was said about SR.

The Prevalence of Previs
    Andrew Jones, cto for Pixel Liberation Front (Superman Returns), says, “We are doing a lot more work to visualize the look and feel of the projects we are working on. When people watch our more recent previs, they typically have a much more emotional response than they did in the past. In the technical arena, there have also been several leaps forward recently toward using the tools from previs to enhance the actual shooting. For example, on motion-capture sets, it is now possible to look at a live retargeted CG character being driven by an actor on the stage. As that sort of technology takes hold, previs is becoming an even more important tool for preparing the digital assets and sets that will be needed later in the process of making a film.”

6. Morgoth Registered

It's like Christmas morning, you open everything and then you get depressed 'cause all the fun is over, all the anticipation. But yeah you've gotta' look forward to the sequel.:)

7. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Happy Birthday Antonello Blueberry !!!

8. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I second that birthday wish from C. Lee!

9. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

Yeah, this would definately be the present you want to save for last when opening.

10. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

11. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

Heh, I had another dream about Superman Returns. There was a premiere held and this would be the first time anyones seen it. My dream ended and I woke up before I saw any footage, sorry to say.:(

12. Sub-Zero Ice Cold

did we all forget about richard branson being in this movie?????:confused:

13. Showtime Your Friend In Time

Its only a quick cameo related to the plane.

14. Mr. Socko Registered

Better then nothing!

15. Morgoth Registered

The more I get into this the more I wish it had no connection to the previous movies, no offense to the fans of those, and I'm not bashing them but in my opinion even the first two were not good.

The storie were just icky. I can't stand that voice over crap when Lois is flying with Supes in the first, and the world turning thin at the end which made no sense, and in 2 the kiss thing etc.

I just wish this was a fresh start.

16. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

I'd love to get a preview a day before. I just watched the Benchwarmers last night at a local theatre and I think it's officially released today. Got free tickets to see it from a radio promotion. I was thinking the whole time that they should do something similar with Returns, that'd be awesome!:up:

17. Morgoth Registered

How was the Benchwarmers? It looks good. I'm happy to see Spade and Rob together again in a movie. Reminds me of the good ole' SNL days.

18. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

Well, its hard to say. Rob Schneider didn't really do anything funny at all in this one. Maybe a few parts, but he was the serious, non-loser of the group. Everyone looked up to him. There were some instances that got a pretty good laught. John Lovits saying he sat down to pee when he was a kid was nice. There are a few surprises in there for some people that liked a certain 80s show with a car and a certain 60's show with a car, but I wont give away much more than that ;) I'd give it about 3.5 out of 5 or something like that. Its a decent film with a few good laughs, but I'm a big fan of Anchorman, and since that movie, I've yet to find a comedy I laughed that much when I watched it.

19. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

Hey Met, there's some bad storms heading our way. We got a tornado watch!

20. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

They're over with now here in Kentucky....everything's good in my area, but Tennesseee was hit pretty bad. How'd it go your way?

21. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I saw that about Tennesee, we don't get anything like that here in the Boston area. It's scary. I don't know if anything happened in the Carolina's, I called Metropolisman earlier tonight, he didn't mention anything.

22. SolidSnakeMGS Registered

Good to hear everything is cool there. They're on their way here actually. We have a tornado watch until 6 am. Check this out:

[​IMG]

:eek::eek: Pretty scary. If Metropolis Man and myself do not post anymore, you know why :) I'm a little creeped out tonight and I need to humor myself.

23. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

We had some small damage in my area...some parts of Ky were hit worse than around me....but they got hit bad in Tenn....about 12 people killed so far. We were watching all the weather stuff while it was going on around us...but I haven't looked at it for a little while now.

I hope everyone here is safe tonight.

24. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

You're getting the bad ones that hit Tenn. then.....be careful.

25. Mr. Socko Registered

Damn, UPN was messing up alot in my area.