Superman Returns Official Superman Returns Misc Thread

Mr. Socko said:
Damn, UPN was messing up alot in my area.
I'm sure the families of the dead and the hundreds with their homes destroyed .....send you their sympathies.

They better evacuate.

Oh, and I'll send all the proceeds of Superman Returns to them.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Good to hear everything is cool there. They're on their way here actually. We have a tornado watch until 6 am. Check this out:

ohnoes.jpg

:eek::eek: Pretty scary. If Metropolis Man and myself do not post anymore, you know why :) I'm a little creeped out tonight and I need to humor myself.

Wow, that looks brutal. I think we only got some rain and thunder this morning. The storms this year have been terrible, I saw on the news that 46 people have already died since Sunday from Tornados alone. Its terrible, the storm season has began and its not looking good. I sure hope things calm down some before more people get hurt.

Robo, are you Spamming??????????

Well, storms werent too bad at all. Hit atound 7:30 am I think. Just some lightning, thunder, and rain for a few minutes. The storms softened significantly before hitting, thank god.

Hey there,
just a little tid bit here i got from a VERY reliable source who had access to the set for a few days. I asked him if he'd met Routh and he said he had and that he was kind of a "panzy". Not as apt to do as much physical work as Reeves had, and that they had to make special wire setups to overcompensate for his shortcomings in the action dept. Just thought you'd like to know.

You know, since becoming a member of Gods Among Men, I've tried to withhold from my usual "Sage the Merciless" strikes. I would like to sadly say...I can't help myself. Posts like the one below have forced me back to my old persona. The Dark Side is taking over. Kind, gentle Sage is gone.:marv:

imagine12 said:
Hey there,
just a little tid bit here i got from a VERY reliable source who had access to the set for a few days. I asked him if he'd met Routh and he said he had and that he was kind of a "panzy". Not as apt to do as much physical work as Reeves had, and that they had to make special wire setups to overcompensate for his shortcomings in the action dept. Just thought you'd like to know.

Well i'll admit it isn't the most ground breaking news, and yes Reeves used wire settups to do his stunts however Routh i guess had to have his extra braced because he couldn't handle the phyical strain. I remember watching the making of featurettes from the original and seeing how on top of it Reeves was. Donner himself commented on how he was up for anything and took to his wires(which i'm sure were far less sophisticated) like a proffessional.

imagine12 said:
Well i'll admit it isn't the most ground breaking news, and yes Reeves used wire settups to do his stunts however Routh i guess had to have his extra braced because he couldn't handle the phyical strain. I remember watching the making of featurettes from the original and seeing how on top of it Reeves was. Donner himself commented on how he was up for anything and took to his wires(which i'm sure were far less sophisticated) like a proffessional.

Unless someone from the SR production also worked on the STM production, it's impossible to say Routh didn't want to work as hard as Reeve did.

And chances are anyway that Reeve did work harder than Routh due to technological advances. Does that make Routh lesser of a person? No. If it does, then we might as well say Christian Bale is pansy compared to Michael Keaton, since Keaton had to wear a hot, rigid, forty pound rubber suit.

True, true. All i'm saying is he complains a bit. I don't know any more details than that. This guys sibling works directly with singer and I'm assuming that's where he got the bit about Rouths prissy qualities. Whether that's true or not is heresay.

Guys, this thead is for everything not Superman Returns-related.

How does "Superman Returns Miscellaneous Thread" translate to not superman returns related?

I don't know, submit to celebacy, and vow to only leave your computer desk upon devine influence?

imagine12 said:
Hey there,

Crap rumor that has already been squashed. Routh did way more complex wirework than Reeve did. Routh had different harness setups from the traditional 2 wire to more complex multiwire rigs for more complex actions.

It had nothing to do with his lack of strength.

imagine12 said:
True, true. All i'm saying is he complains a bit. I don't know any more details than that. This guys sibling works directly with singer and I'm assuming that's where he got the bit about Rouths prissy qualities. Whether that's true or not is heresay.

Yeah... since Routh has said in interviews that the wirework was painful but he didnt complain about it becasue it was a small price to pay to bring the character on screen.

imagine12 said:

brandon-green-screen.jpg

Hey, that's probably true, a rumor is a rumor, you never know. I personally don't care either way. That's just what the guy told me. He looks decent and if it comes off well onscreen than so be it. Just feed for the mill.

Na man, beer is great. I like dark beer. Guinness beer. mmmmmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"