The Dark Knight OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER #2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you pointing down all of the time backtothefront?

I'm confused.

Oh right.

Well they know it's there, saves more time not worrying about it too much.

Not that I'm saying you can't pay tribute, however you've paid enough by having it in your signature. Correct?

Oh right.

Well they know it's there, saves more time not worrying about it too much.

Not that I'm saying you can't pay tribute, however you've paid enough by having it in your signature. Correct?

Yeah - I'll probably get out of the habit eventually

I've watched the trailer closely again, and at 1:13, when Alfred says "Endure" behind him you can see something burning into the wall(sorry I can't find the word...I have some difficulties with english), and he wears blacksmith's gloves.

I've watched the trailer closely again, and at 1:13, when Alfred says "Endure" behind him you can see something burning into the wall(sorry I can't find the word...I have some difficulties with english), and he wears blacksmith's gloves.

Thanks for the tip - I'll look into when I can :up:

Aw, man. What a great little interview with Eric Roberts. He seems like a really nice guy. I loved the part about Heath saying "oh thanks, it's so hard!"

Man. :csad:

I love it when Eric Robert's said Heath was a 'little sweety pie'. Every time he said sweety pie it warmed my heart with joy. ^_^

I didn't even realize Eric Roberts was related to Julia Roberts. Roberts should have gave it away. I also never realized he was an actor until now. :o

Eric ROberts was also on the tv show, NBC Heroes.

Hearing all of these kind words about Heath, I really wish I could have met the guy. He seems like a really down to earth guy.
One of the few good guys in Hollywood to stay on the right path.

I love it when Eric Robert's said Heath was a 'little sweety pie'. Every time he said sweety pie it warmed my heart with joy. ^_^

A girl once call me "sweetie pie" few times when I was in high school. :oldrazz:

And great interview by Roberts. He is really a cool guy.

This latest update was too long to put in the original analysis, so I'm putting it here - the link to this post will be added to the end of the analysis so that it won't take forever to find :cwink:

Point 32

Prologue and Dialogue Description Provided by Anita18

Sudden immense aerial view of a Gotham city block, brightly lit during the day. Camera slowly zooms in to focus on one building, that's made up entirely of windows. Suddenly a window blows out.

Cut to inside the building. A man in a clown mask levels a grappling gun to frame right, then fires toward the nearby lower roof of the Gotham National Bank. He secures the zipline, then plunges down it. Another clown-masked man does the same. The camera follows them out the window then swoops down to a dizzying view of the street below.

Cut to a waist-down back shot of a man standing on a street corner with his head down, holding a clown mask in his left hand - we'll call him Grumpy.

We slowly pan up as a van approaches frame left. The man quickly puts on his mask and enters the right back door of the van.

Cut to inside the van. The camera is in the back, looking toward the windshield. The Joker has moved to the left back side of the van, and is loading a gun. The camera moves outside of the van, looking into the passenger side window. The two men sitting in the front, also wearing clown masks, discuss how there were supposed to be 6 people in on the job (there are 5), and how their boss expects a cut even though he isn't directly involved.

Happy (driver): Three of a kind. Let's do this.
Bashful (passenger): That's it? Three guys?
Happy: Two guys on the roof. Every guy gets a share - five shares, that's plenty.
Bashful: Six shares. Don't forget the guy who planned the job.
Happy: He thinks he can sit it out and still take a slice? I know why they call him the Joker!

Cut to the bank rooftop. The two masked men move frame right as they approach a security wiring box, and discuss the Joker while jimmying the box open.

Looking through equipment bag - alarm guy pulls out a hammer and gets up.
Sneezy (left): So why do they call him the Joker?
Sleepy (right): I heard he wears makeup.

Sneezy breaks open wiring box with hammer

Sneezy: Makeup?
Sleepy: Yeah, to scare people. You know, war paint.

Cut to outside the bank, with the camera looking at the back of the van. The van stops camera left, and everyone exits frame right, going up the stairs while the camera moves with them. The Joker is the last to follow.

All three masked men enter the bank frame right, and one of them starts shooting into the air.

Quick cut to the bank manager quickly shifting his chair back and out of the sight goons' sight. He's in a specially enclosed office space open only to the side facing the tellers and customers.

They begin threatening customers and tellers.

Happy: All right everybody! Hands up, heads down! I SAID hands up, heads DOWN! Let's go, pal - I'm making a withdrawal, here!

[to female teller who just pushed alarm] Did I say heads up?!
Teller: No!

Cut to the bank rooftop, the camera placed to the left of the security box, facing the two robbers. One of them is in the foreground, presumably messing with the wires.

Sleepy: Here comes the silent alarm....and there it goes.

Close-up on one of the duffel bags - it's opened and several grenades are visible.

Happy: HEADS DOWN!

Grumpy throws the bag onto his shoulder and moves toward his partners.

Happy: Alright! Don't think -

Happy pulls the teller over the counter by her hands while yelling.

Happy: Don't think you're better than me!

Bashful (to a man in the background): GET DOWN!

He points his gun at the teller while she's on the ground.

Happy: YOU STAY DOWN THERE!
Teller: Don't hurt me!

Grumpy is messing with the grenades and pulls the pin on one.

Cut back to the same POV on the rooftop from before

Sleepy: That's funny, it didn't dial out to 911, it was trying to reach a private number.

Almost unnoticed by the audience, Sneezy raises his gun slowly while talking

Sneezy: Is it a problem?
Sleepy: No, I'm done here.

Sneezy quickly shoots Sleepy with a silenced gunshot to the back. He falls to the ground fairly quickly with a startled grunt.

Cut to lower POV of the wire box, looking down at his dead partner. The camera switches over to him moving to the equipment bag, bending down, closing it, and taking it toward the stairway door.

The camera follows him as he runs over to and moves down the stairs.

Cut to the bank manager still unnoticed by the goons - while he's watching what's going on he takes off his glasses and continues to watch.

During this, Happy yells: GET DOWN - NOW!

Cut to Grumpy putting the grenades in people's hands.

I SAID GET DOWN HERE!

Sneezy opens up the doors to the vault chamber - the camera moves in front of the vault door.

Cut to Happy talking to customers.

Happy: Obviously we don't want you doing anything with your hands other than holding on for dear life!

While Happy is talking, cut to Grumpy putting another grenade in someone's hands - they're forced to hold the handles tight to keep from activating the grenades.

Cut to Sneezy readying a large, magnetic drilling machine and heaving it onto the surface of the vault. He switches the drill on and proceeds to drill into the metal.

Bashful hits someone's back with his weapon and starts yelling:

Dopey: On the ground! Stay on the ground! Nobody make a move - Nobody! Stay down!

While Bashful is yelling, cut to the bank manager swiveling his body toward Dopey while looking directly at him.

Cut to Bashful taking a shotgun shell to the back (glass shatters) - focus on bank manager in background. He gets up.

Cut to Grumpy staying low to the ground while getting behind a desk for cover.

Cut back to the bank manager from a different POV walking toward Grumpy's position. Cut to a front-facing POV of the bank manager c.o.c.king his gun.

Cut to the vault - Sneezy takes an electric shock from the vault and is repulsed backward from it.

Cut back to a front-facing POV of the bank manager walking forward. He shoots at Grumpy's position forcing him to move to a different position for cover. The bank manager continues to c.o.c.k his gun and shoot at Grumpy. He makes to the last desk in the row of desks where Happy is crouching.

Cut to the bank manager yelling at the two:

Bank Manager: Hey! You have any idea who you're stealing from? You and your friends are dead!

Cut to close-up behind desk. Asking Grumpy:

Happy: He's out, right?

Grumpy hesitates then nods. Happy gets up while turning to look at the bank manager. The bank manager attempts to shoot Happy.

Happy: What the -

Bank manager c.o.c.ks the gun again - this time he is out of shells.

Cut to bank manager's POV - Grumpy comes out from behind the desk and shoots the bank manager (seems like in the leg). He takes the hit and falls down into a half-lying position (he's still alive). Grumpy lowers his gun and tilts his head a bit to the left while looking at him.

Cut to Happy yelling at Grumpy:

Happy: Where did YOU learn to count?!

He appears to be holding his shoulder.

Cut to Grumpy again - hasn't moved. He looks quickly toward the vault area.

Cut to the bank vault on frame right. The robber who was shocked now has his hands placed in his sneakers and is working on turning the vault door open that way.

Sneezy: They wired this thing up with, like, 5,000 volts. What kind of bank DOES that?

Happy is messing with a duffel bag.

Happy: A mob bank. I guess the Joker's as crazy as they say. Where's the alarm guy?

Sneezy: Boss told me when the guy was done, I should take him out. One less share, right?

Sneezy spins the vault's locking mechanism after he's finished cracking it.

Happy: Funny. He told me something similar...

The vault is opening now.

Sneezy: Hey wha - No - NO!

Sneezy realizes what's going to happen and attempts to move out of the way. Cut to Happy shooting Sneezy off-screen.

Cut to Grumpy slowly walking around waiting for the other guy to get done.

The remaining robber takes his duffel bag inside the vault and starts sweeping piles of cash into the bag.

Cut back to the main area - Grumpy is dragging two duffel bags full of cash over to a pile of more of the same.

Happy: That's a lot of money. If this Joker guy was so smart, he'd had have us bring a bigger car.

The camera rises up to Grumpy's face in the foreground looking back at the bank manager on the ground (off-camera). Happy is out-of-focus in the background - he c.o.c.ks a gun.

Cut to the back of Grumpy's head. He slowly turns toward Happy as the guy is talking.

Happy has his gun pointed striaght at Grumpy's head: I'm betting the Joker told you to kill me as soon as we loaded the cassh.

Grumpy sighs and looks at his wrist-watch.

Grumpy: No, no no no, I kill the bus driver. [steps to his right]
Happy: Bus driver.
Grumpy: [takes another step]
Happy: What bus driver?!

Suddenly the door explodes frame right and the back end of a yellow school bus bursts into the bank - the debris from the wall and windows knocking Happy onto the ground. Grumpy looks over at where Happy fell.

Grumpy walks back over to the pile of duffel bags as Dopey exits the back door of the bus. He talks as he helps Grumpy get the money into the bus:

Bus driver: School's out - time to go. [looks down at Happy] Heh- he's not getting up, is he? [grunts] That's a lot of money...

He loads up the last bag in the pile and looks at Grumpy - he's looking the other direction right now.

Dopey: What happened to the rest of the guys?

Grumpy points his gun back and shoots Dopey in the chest - he falls back dead.

Grumpy moves over to the counter. He's walking strangely - constantly looking around. He leans over one last duffel bag of money and picks it up.

Cut to the bank manager on his side - he coughs. He look over to Grumpy putting the final bag in the bus:

Bank Manager (heavy breathing throughout): Think you're smart, huh? [long sniff][cough] You guys are hired goons...

Cut to Grumpy turning toward the bank manger. He looks down slightly while walking - he pulls his jacket up on his right side a little.

Bank Manager: They'll just do the same to you.

He tilts his head back up again and looks straight at the bank manager.

Bank Manager: Oh, the criminals in this town used to believe in things. Honor. Respect. Look at you.

Grumpy tilts his head to the left while walking quickly over to him.

Bank Manager: What do you believe, huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?

Grumpy holds up the bank manager's head and gently places a cylindrical grenade into the manager's mouth while speaking:

Grumpy: I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you...

Grumpy removes his mask - revealing the Joker beneath. He speaks with a quirky air to his voice and movement - his eyes wandering:

Joker: stranger.

The bank manager looks both shocked and terrified.

The Joker gives a final grin and quickly moves away from the bank manager.

The camera backs away from the bank manager showing a purple string attached to the grenade being held taut by the Joker.

Cut to the Joker moving towards the bus, you see that he took the bank manager's shotgun. He places his stuff on the bus, gets in, and closes the doors. You can see the string trailing from between the doors. The Joker is vaulting over the seats like a child as he moves to the driver's seat.

Cut to the bank manager, you hear the engine running. The bus starts to move - the string pull the pin on the grenade. The grenade releases a gas - we don't know if it's harmless or not yet. The bank manager's eyes roll back and he exhales in relief.

The bus containing the stolen money rolls out of the bank frame right. Clouds of dust fall off the end. The bus merges onto a city street in between 2 other equally yellow school buses, driving away from camera. Police cars, with their sirens on, start to approach the bank toward the camera.

Clips after the Prologue

The new suit in a cage-like cabinet in the temporary headquarters seen in Point 18.

Essentially the same shot from 1A.

Tumbler making a large u-turn in the temp headquarters.

The Batpod - similar shot to the first one in 30A.

Panning shot of burning fire truck.

A shot from 1C.

The shot of Joker turning quickly from 5E.

Several objects, including vehicles, exploding - may be another POV from the shot in 30B

Different angle of the shot from 5B.

Gordon readying the axe in the scene from Point 19.

Closing-in shot continued from Point 4. Batman looks downward a bit.

Gordon smashes the Batsignal with the axe - longer version of the shot - fade-out.

Things we learn from the prologue:

Can't the guys in the car see Joker's face?

No.

First of all, they drove up at an angle - coming around the corner from behind the Joker and to his left.

Secondly, the windows on the car are incredibly dirty-looking and covered in water marks - they would have to have been straining to see his face through that.

Third, he put on his mask as the driver put the brakes on - well before he opened the side door.

What time of day is the heist? We know that it ends when the school buses are on the roads - that means either morning or afternoon.

Afternoon.

Dopey, the goon who drove the bus, said, "School's out."

Other things we learned:

The silent alarm was being sent to a private number. The bank is run by the mob. Most likely, the signal was being sent to Maroni or his gang. We know that, thanks to Mr. Roberts, Joker uses the money to blackmail his group.

[YT]JXHmaH4SWJg[/YT]

Gordon hesitates before axing the Batsignal.

I still love that sequence, it has everything great about the finale of a heist film... and yet it's just the beginning of TDK.

Again, good analysis, thanks.

easily the best of 08, i dont think Iron man can compare to it.

Cant wait for a new trailer (or anything really) I think the next trailer will come with 10,000 BC in March

The next trailer will be given a similar analysis to this one - I'll add it to this thread in the same fashion that I added the prologue analysis.

Can't wait! :up:

Things we learn from the prologue:

Can't the guys in the car see Joker's face?

No.

First of all, they drove up at an angle - coming around the corner from behind the Joker and to his left.

Secondly, the windows on the car are incredibly dirty-looking and covered in water marks - they would have to have been straining to see his face through that.

Third, he put on his mask as the driver put the brakes on - well before he opened the side door.

What time of day is the heist? We know that it ends when the school buses are on the roads - that means either morning or afternoon.

Afternoon.

Dopey, the goon who drove the bus, said, "School's out."

Other things we learned:

The silent alarm was being sent to a private number. The bank is run by the mob. Most likely, the signal was being sent to Maroni or his gang. We know that, thanks to Mr. Roberts, Joker uses the money to blackmail his group.

Gordon hesitates before axing the Batsignal.
Woh, that's more of a description than I put up, LOL.

And Joker likes to tilt his head to his right, our left.

I also noticed (upon like, the 10th viewing) that he seems to be ambidextrous when it comes to using guns. He shoots the bank manager with the gun in his left hand, then he switches for some reason when the bus crashes into the bank. (His hair also suddenly turns green, but I think that may be a deliberate continuity "error.") He then proceeds to shoot the bus driver with the gun in his right hand.

There's no predicting that Joker. :cwink:

Well hey, aren't the ambidextrous supposed to be more crazy? It's all making sense. :D

Woh, that's more of a description than I put up, LOL.

And Joker likes to tilt his head to his right, our left.

I also noticed (upon like, the 10th viewing) that he seems to be ambidextrous when it comes to using guns. He shoots the bank manager with the gun in his left hand, then he switches for some reason when the bus crashes into the bank. (His hair also suddenly turns green, but I think that may be a deliberate continuity "error.") He then proceeds to shoot the bus driver with the gun in his right hand.

There's no predicting that Joker. :cwink:

The way I worded it, I think I used the OUR right - thanks for the input :up:

I spent about 3 hours analyzing and re-adjusting the information while watching the prologue - I couldn't believe it was already 3:30 when I was finished...

Thanks again for the file and starting info :woot:

And Joker likes to tilt his head to his right, our left. :cwink:

The head tilt, yes, I love that! If I didn't know he was the Joker, I'd have found it a bit disturbing. Well, not that Joker isn't disturbing but there's just something about that clown mask itself that gives me the creeps. I think for someone not familiar with the scene beforehand, Grumpy's just weird. The silent clown acting a bit, I don't know... off. He has this air about him that is suspicious the more you see of him. It makes sense after the Joker revelation but you're wary of him even before then, methinks. The head tilt is almost exaggerated. I'm thinking: "Why is he doing that?"

Love it. :yay:

Heath's face may have been hidden during most of the prologue but he really added neat things to the character by the head tilt and the walk and that sigh before he says: "No, no, no, no, I kill the buss driver."

This has been a wonderful thread from the beginning! Many thanks for the analysis and detailed description. Just reading it makes me excited about TDK again.

The head tilt, yes, I love that! If I didn't know he was the Joker, I'd have found it a bit disturbing. Well, not that Joker isn't disturbing but there's just something about that clown mask itself that gives me the creeps. I think for someone not familiar with the scene beforehand, Grumpy's just weird. The silent clown acting a bit, I don't know... off. He has this air about him that is suspicious the more you see of him. It makes sense after the Joker revelation but you're wary of him even before then, methinks. The head tilt is almost exaggerated. I'm thinking: "Why is he doing that?"

Love it. :yay:

Heath's face may have been hidden during most of the prologue but he really added neat things to the character by the head tilt and the walk and that sigh before he says: "No, no, no, no, I kill the buss driver."

This has been a wonderful thread from the beginning! Many thanks for the analysis and detailed description. Just reading it makes me excited about TDK again.

I'm glad to hear my work is getting people hyped again :woot:

It's exactly what we need right now :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88