Superman Returns Official Theatrical trailer Crowd reaction report thread

ultimatefan said:
Well, I guess people´s bias can always be a factor to their reaction... I remember people describing more positive reactions to the Batman Begins theater trailers, and the support for that movie was a lot more unanimous on the boards than the one for SR.

Which is a shame, because the SR trailer is quite good....it shows action, drama, romance, and comedy - everything it should be....

Milkman95 said:
Which is a shame, because the SR trailer is quite good....it shows action, drama, romance, and comedy - everything it should be....
i think the problem is not what it shows. the problem is how the trailer is made.
and the main theme should be mixed a little different.

Neither the Superman or the Simpsons trailer showed before MI3 for me. I was a bit dissapointed. Hopefully I get to see it on the big screen with Poseidon.

Any aussies seen the trailer? I was thinking of going to see MI3 this weekend if it was attached.

ToddIsDead said:
Neither the Superman or the Simpsons trailer showed before MI3 for me. I was a bit dissapointed. Hopefully I get to see it on the big screen with Poseidon.

I saw MI 3 and there was no Superman Returns trailer for me either. They showed about 7 or 8 trailers, X-Men, Posidon, Pirates, Nacho Libre, Over the Hedge, Just Friends, and Click, i think that was it, no SUperman. WHERE WAS IT?

My theater crowd reacted well to the trailer.

seen MI:3 tonight, seen trailers for Pirates, Nacho Libre, and a couple other flicks. The Superman trailer was followed by a few Mumbles, but nothing all that remarkable. Small tuesday night crowd.

MI:3 was cool, definatly the best overall film in the series. I noticed Mr. Cruise picked up some Kensi fighting moves during the finale.

Just saw Poseidon tonight, and I can confirm that the Superman Returns trailer is attached to it. It was actually pretty surprising considering the SR teaser wasn't attached to Harry Potter last November when it opened here.

I live in the Philippines by the way... :)

Milkman95 said:
To you it's quite good, but other people think quite differently.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
To you it's quite good, but other people think quite differently.[/quote

Then put me in that group as well, because I also loved it!:up:

It was not attached to the copy of MI:3 that I went to see. In fact no posters or standees. There was Over the Hedge, X3, Nacho Libre, and that stupid Sandler remote control movie that I had to see the trailer for 3 times in a row thanks to the 20 or whatever it is called now, and I got a feeling all the funny scenes are in that trailer. I have a feeling I will have to see Posieden to see it. I hear posiden is bad due to last minute editing by the director.

Nautica7mk said:
Poseidon's out already? That just flew me by.

movies open here in the Philippines on wednesdays, and since we're ahead also in the time zone, it's like we're seeing movies 2-3 days ahead of the north american release if that particular movie opens on fridays.

that's why we get to see SR on June 28 :)

I didn't see the trailer during M:i:III, because they didn't show it. However, on Monday, I caught it; the trailer was AWESOME!!

Hello!? Any Australians seen the trailer in the cinemas?

I saw it with Mission Impossible III. There was about 20-30 people. I heard people muttering 'Superman?'...but there was no excitement for the trailer. That's in part due to the trailer not being put together very well.

SentinelMind said:
I saw it with Mission Impossible III. There was about 20-30 people. I heard people muttering 'Superman?'...but there was no excitement for the trailer. That's in part due to the trailer not being put together very well.

Thanks Sentinel. Where abouts are in in Oz? And waddya mean not put well together?

Darkesthorizon said:
When i saw MI:3 this weekend, they showed the trailer, seemed to be more buzz for the Simpsons and Xmen then Superman. There was chatter after the first 2, and after superman, it was just quiet, and a few teenagers booed, but then they cheered when Tom Curises wife gets shot in the head in the beginning over the movie too..lol

thanks for that spoiler, jackwad.

Or does she? Now you will have to see the movie to know what happened.

I saw MI:3 today. The Trailers shown were - Over The Hedge, The Break Up, Superman Returns (The New One), The Da Vinci Code & that Jack Black Movie. The crowd reacted well to the Flying Scenes , Plane Sequence, Loved Spaceys Lex pretty much. So if there are Two things that will save this Movie is all the Kick Ass Flying Sequences & Kevin Spacey

I saw the trailer with MI3 but nobody reacted or anything, might of been also that the theater wasn't packed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"