Superman Returns Official Theatrical trailer Crowd reaction report thread

The Fallen said:
Thanks Sentinel. Where abouts are in in Oz? And waddya mean not put well together?

huh...? I saw it in an AMC theater in PA...I saw that, the Click movie, the Jack Black flick...and nothing else memorable. I don't think the trailer was produced in a way that was gripping or seemed epic. The pacing wasn't very good and didn't leave you with a "oh my God I gotta see that" feeling or this is a new experience. I'm not hating on the movie or anything, although I'm starting to have a few doubts about the script. I also got the minor feeling some people were a little skeptical from their responses...

yea, the tv spot was well done. The more I watch the SR trailer the more I wish they had taken more time with it. POTC2's trailer was very well done.

But who knows how much of the story they want to reveal. I'm kinda happy not seeing everything revealed on television, but it may not be a good strategy to lure in audiences . . . but the \S/ practically does that by itself. The least they could have done was fix the timing of the music. Maybe the 2nd trailer will be better. Need more tv spots.

Strgts said:
So if there are Two things that will save this Movie is all the Kick ash Flying Sequences & Kevin Spacey

"The movie does not need a saviour, and neither do we" :)

I work at a movie theater, and while I've sat in and saw the trailer only twice during two showings of MI3, I couldn't remember any significant reaction..

-TNC

I saw MI:III and they didn't show SR trailer. They did show POTC2. No reaction whatsoever, although one guy said, "what a piece of crap", I laughed at that.

VGPOP said:
I saw MI:III and they didn't show SR trailer. They did show POTC2. No reaction whatsoever, although one guy said, "what a piece of crap", I laughed at that.

I was there! The guy said "it seems the Popeye movie!" :D

It's only a trailer!! Silent Hill's trailer got a good reaction, but look how bad it got slated by some reviewers at the start, when the movie was actually released.

Don't get your hopes up too high. And who cares if the movie is successful or not? I'm just glad they're actually making another Superman movie. I'm pretty sure it make a profit in any case. Superman has a huge fan base, so don't worry.

I saw the SR trailer at the premiere of MI3, theater was sold out...
...nobody reacted to the trailer, Not a peep. :\

To console those who are disappointed by how normal audiences have reacted to the trailer (as in no reaction or negative), tepid trailer reactions are nothing new. I remember the trailer reaction thread for Batman Begins and it wasn't very bright either.

Personally, I feel that a lot of people on this forum have their blinders on and don't realize that the trailer really isn't that awe inspiring except for the soundtrack and a few sequences.

But you guys know by now that I think this movie won't turn out that great. Just remember that it'll still be a big hit. Guaranteed.

dark_b said:
i think the problem is not what it shows. the problem is how the trailer is made.
and the main theme should be mixed a little different.

The original 1978 trailer which people think is classic doesn't even feature the "main theme". In fact, it features the "love theme".

I wonder why People find it enjoyable to post in a Movie Forum for a Movie they are not even excited to see ? Its one thing to not like a few things but with users like Spare-Flair he is 100 % completely against this Movie & will not be seeing it. There should be some kind of rule that Users should not post in Movie Forums just to post & complain about every single little thing they can think of especially when they have out right said that said user is completely against this Movie

Because this is a comicbook superhero site....too many fanboys who believe they can handle a 200 mil motion picture better than the well revered professionals.:rolleyes:

GothicPowerMix1 said:
I wonder why People find it enjoyable to post in a Movie Forum for a Movie they are not even excited to see ? Its one thing to not like a few things but with users like Spare-Flair he is 100 % completely against this Movie & will not be seeing it. There should be some kind of rule that Users should not post in Movie Forums just to post & complain about every single little thing they can think of especially when they have out right said that said user is completely against this Movie

You missed the part where I said I will still pay my good money to see it. I'm not 100% against this movie. I'm still a superhero and comic fan and believe it or not a Bryan Singer fan (just not for his superhero movies). You should also note that I'm not being condescending or complaining. I'm just making criticism of certain details and it's definetely not arbitrary ala "every single thing they can think of".

Heck, if you read my post I was trying to tell people that the movie would do great and people would still love it despite any tepid reactions to it in the theatres based on past experiences like Batman where nobody seemed to give a damn to the trailers but were all really surprised and applauding at the end of the couple of screenings I went to.

GothicPowerMix1 said:

Man, just sit back and watch, and only point out B.S. when it gets obvious. Dont go around screaming that people should be banned for their negative views, just let them dig their own grave, crawl in, and start pulling dirt on top of themselves. I've seen it happen many times to some of the most vocal guys here, and when they finally cross the line and get banned, were talking cartwheeling in flames and multiple exsplosions.

Then they show up over on the Planet and the circle starts there again.

trailer with click tonight. bumping.

GothicPowerMix1 said:
because people are still entitled to their own opinion dude. so long as a post is constructed in such a way that is not insulting/ flame-baiting to any one member then they're valid to be here. you dont have to read their posts. if you think its not worth the attention then dont mind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"