Official Thor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id love to see HHH as Thor, when he was in even better shape, he does look lika a Nordic good!

The Rock? Tyler Mane who is old and fat now? Brad Pitt who is 5'10? CLOSE THIS **** RIGHT NOW.

None of the men above would be a good Thor. I'm still not sure while Marvel wants to do a solo Thor film. As great a character as Thor is, he is just not gonna be bankable when it comes to a wide audience.

JustABill said:
None of the men above would be a good Thor. I'm still not sure while Marvel wants to do a solo Thor film. As great a character as Thor is, he is just not gonna be bankable when it comes to a wide audience.

Oh yeah, but Iron Fist and Shang Chi are going to break records right?

Johann Urb, he's pretty much unknown and Scandinavian.
johannurbthemountain240ru4.jpg

Nope. Marvels pretty much done all their big wigs that will break records, hell even Captian America and Iron Man are iffy.

JustABill said:
Nope. Marvels pretty much done all their big wigs that will break records, hell even Captian America and Iron Man are iffy.

Are you serious or trying to be funny? You don't think Thor, Cap or Iron Man can be big successes? I mean, there's a good chance Marvel will **** one or more of them up, but to say that they couldn't or shouldn't carry a film is just plain...well, I don't even know what to say to that.

Oh, no, they can carry a film. There's no doubt. The fact that a said film is going to be successful with an outside audience is a whole nother issue. The one with the best chance of being a smashing success is Captian America, and that's because people are patriotic.

Thor and Iron Man. Both being characters I ****ing love, have big chances of flopping like no tommorrow with the general audience.

Sun_Down said:
Are you serious or trying to be funny? You don't think Thor, Cap or Iron Man can be big successes? I mean, there's a good chance Marvel will **** one or more of them up, but to say that they couldn't or shouldn't carry a film is just plain...well, I don't even know what to say to that.

With my luck they will **** up Thor. However, if Lord of the Rings did very well, no reason why Thor shouldn't.

I feel confident about Iron Man and Cap though.

Except for Gerard and Dominic, the rest are too ald or too stupid looking to play the role. Thor needs to be young, he is a god after all.

Garrett Hedlund would be a good choice.
He's young and a pretty good actor.

The Viking leader from 13th Warrior Vladimir Kulich, or Aragon from LoTR Viggo Mortensen

SpeedballLives said:
Except for Gerard and Dominic, the rest are too ald or too stupid looking to play the role. Thor needs to be young, he is a god after all.

Garrett Hedlund would be a good choice.
He's young and a pretty good actor.

I agree with Garrett, by the time Thor comes out he will be aged perfectly.

STOP WITH THE VLADIMIR KULICH! He is too old, it isn't going to happen damn.

Still A ThorFan said:

Kulich is one of the few people I'v seen who actually looks like Thor. Thor isn't a pretty boy. He's a hardened, battle scarred warrior.

Wyrminarrd said:
Karl Urban is a good choice for Thor.

I agree. Karl Urban is a great choice, and he is my personal choice at this time to portray Thor on-screen.

On a side note, there is a few different "Official Thor Casting Threads". What goofy thoughts went through the mind to create this one, when there's already a Thor casting thread out there? All a person had to do is take a little initiative and see that there's already a Thor casting thread out there.

This Thor casting thread should be merged with the other one. Furthermore, I am very disappointed in the lack of effort to find more candidates. Karl Urban is a good choice, and should be on this list. I am sure there are also other possible candidates. This list is very abbreviated, and could have been done a bit better with some genuine effort.

Honestly I think Donald Blake should be Thor, because Odin ordained it and he is afterall "all knowning"

Vladimr Kultich is an interesting suggestion
13thwarr3.jpg
Not sure if he could act though. Or carry a film by himself. Honestly I reckon Marvel should just not make a Thor film and keep Thor for an Avengers film

Hi there! :)

JustABill said:
Oh, no, they can carry a film. There's no doubt. The fact that a said film is going to be successful with an outside audience is a whole nother issue. The one with the best chance of being a smashing success is Captian America, and that's because people are patriotic.

I'm sure it will be an International smash with a title like Captain America. :whatever:

JustABill said:
Thor and Iron Man. Both being characters I ****ing love, have big chances of flopping like no tommorrow with the general audience.

I can see all three doing about $150 million domestic. Maybe:

Captain America: $165 domestic, $120 million overseas.
Iron Man: $150 million domestic and overseas.
Thor: $135 million domestic, $165 million overseas.

They will only have budgets of abour $100 million or thereabouts, so there is no way they are going to flop like Superman Returns.

Each will easily make a profit at the box office and then pull in pure profit from the dvd sales, unlike Superman Returns which needs to make about $50 million from dvd sales to just break even.

So as long as they make even half decent movies I can see it leading to a trilogy for each.

I am most confident about Iron Man because 'the Fav' seems to have his ***** together big style. Perfect lead actor, good supporting cast.

I think the success of Thor comes down to two things.

1. Lead actor.

2. Making it believable. The more unbelievable the character/story/situation the more dramatically serious you have to make the tone - as per Lord of the Rings, and the better the actors you need to employ.

Hiya mate! :)

Still A ThorFan said:

Too Short. Only 6'1 1/2"

Still A ThorFan said:

Vladimir (much as I love the big guy) is far too old and way too ugly to play Thor.

Howdy! :)

The Question said:
Kulich is one of the few people I'v seen who actually looks like Thor. Thor isn't a pretty boy. He's a hardened, battle scarred warrior.

I have to disagree with your assessment.

Its been well documented that Thor is a total babe-magnet.

Its also pretty much guaranteed that the movie will contain some melodramatic moments with either Jane Foster or Sif (hopefully the former). Therefore the actor playing Thor needs to be a passable romantic lead.

This is on top of the fact that he needs to be at least 6'3", preferably well built (and thats before we get him in the gym), a theatre trained actor (almost certainlly needed to carry off the role) and a passable action star.

Simply put, casting Thor is probably the hardest casting job in the world.

Upper_Krust said:
Howdy! :)

I have to disagree with your assessment.

Its been well documented that Thor is a total babe-magnet.

Its also pretty much guaranteed that the movie will contain some melodramatic moments with either Jane Foster or Sif (hopefully the former). Therefore the actor playing Thor needs to be a passable romantic lead.

This is on top of the fact that he needs to be at least 6'3", preferably well built (and thats before we get him in the gym), a theatre trained actor (almost certainlly needed to carry off the role) and a passable action star.

Simply put, casting Thor is probably the hardest casting job in the world.

Upper, this thread should have been closed a long time ago, especially with the choices we were given. Anyway, I think Garrett is just fine, yeah he is only 6'1 but he will wear boots which we know can make anyone taller, and besides we really wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

But yes, casting Thor is going to be the most difficult casting out of all of their movies.

I still say Vladimir, so much can be done with cgi and make-up today, I'd be happy with the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"