Official Thor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vartha - I would have words with thee... :woot:

Vartha said:
I still say Vladimir, so much can be done with cgi and make-up today, I'd be happy with the choice.

I'm sorry my comicboards amigo, but thats just utter insanity.

Thor needs to be handsome because the movie will have melodramatic elements (whether they involve Jane Foster, Sif or the Enchantress) that simply will not work with a 55 year old ugly dude.

I'm leaning towards the idea that they should just find some swedish actor/model (6'4") aged 25-30 who can speak english and go with him.

Upper_Krust said:
Vartha - I would have words with thee... :woot:

I'm sorry my comicboards amigo, but thats just utter insanity.

Thor needs to be handsome because the movie will have melodramatic elements (whether they involve Jane Foster, Sif or the Enchantress) that simply will not work with a 55 year old ugly dude.

I'm leaning towards the idea that they should just find some swedish actor/model (6'4") aged 25-30 who can speak english and go with him.

Upper, don't even bother responding to these threads man. They get us no where, especially when someone says Bradd Pitt should be Thor.

Hiya mate! :yay:

Still A ThorFan said:
Upper, don't even bother responding to these threads man. They get us nowhere, especially when someone says Brad Pitt should be Thor.

Well we have to reply to them otherwise how will be able to set these people straight. :oldrazz:

As for Brad Pitt, I think he would make a great Donald Blake, but I just don't think he is big enough for Thor (He's only 5'11"), also I think he may be a tad too old if we are considering a trilogy (the earliest of which the first movie could be released would be 2009-2010, when Brad would be 46-47 years old).

Hey guys!

Have any of you seen the new Thor sketches done by Olivier Coipel yet?

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/061121135429/thor%20001.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/061121191715/thor%2002.jpg

It has a number of interesting facets that I wonder may have been done to make a the costume seem better suited to an eventual movie version.

The helmet looks a lot more stable on his head (and really cool I think).

Thor's hair is slightly shorter (Aragorn length).

Hes also got scalemail on his arms (which means the actor won't necessarily need to be on steroids to look that impressive physically).

Any thoughts?

Upper_Krust said:
I have to disagree with your assessment.

Its been well documented that Thor is a total babe-magnet.

Yes. In a viking culture. With the Vikings, like with many warrior cultures, prowess in the battle field and honor was seen as an atractive quality moreso than good looks. You could have been the ugliest son of a ***** on the planet, but if you were also a damn fine warrior, women would be clinging to you constantly. As Dwight said in Sin City:

"Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face. Or in a Roman arena, taking his sword to other gladiators like him. They woulda tossed him girls like Nancy back then. "

Upper_Krust said:
Its also pretty much guaranteed that the movie will contain some melodramatic moments with either Jane Foster or Sif (hopefully the former). Therefore the actor playing Thor needs to be a passable romantic lead.

A romantic lead doesn't have to be dashingly handsom. All a romantic lead has to do is be able to act like he's in love.

Upper_Krust said:
This is on top of the fact that he needs to be at least 6'3", preferably well built (and thats before we get him in the gym), a theatre trained actor (almost certainlly needed to carry off the role) and a passable action star.

Kulich is tall, he's ****ing ripped, he's in alot of action stuff, and is a rather good actor. Especially with ancient warriors.

I could care less about Brad Pitt and Triple H. Working with unknowns has helped many Marvel movies. Working with people who are burdened by tons of recognition, prior commitments and a possible lack of conviction to continue past one film is hapazardous in my eyes. I feel Daredevil was cut short by Affleck's presence and that Downey is a perturbing choice for Stark; needlessly casting a 'big name' isn't what a Thor film needs. I need an actor who is relatively new to the scene...and a mortal capable of making me believe the big screen can contain the visage of a Norse god. :cwink:

Triple H...I can see him pulling it off pretty well actually...But I do admit he'd work better with the rest of the Avengers as opposed to a solo film.

Where the hell is Fabio in the poll?!!!

Well I vote Fabio.

The Rock?! hahahah gimme a break.

Someone make a proper Thor casting poll please.

Yeah, The Rock is Conan, if anything (and he'd actually LOOK like the character too).

Fabio as Thor:"I can not believe it is the all knowing father, ODEN."

Still A ThorFan said:
However, if Lord of the Rings did very well, no reason why Thor shouldn't.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Done correctly THE MIGHTY THOR can be EPIC!

Savage said:
Yeah, The Rock is Conan, if anything (and he'd actually LOOK like the character too).

Captain Marvel my friend! CAPTAIN MARVEL!

Billy Batson said:
Captain Marvel my friend! CAPTAIN MARVEL!
Hmm...That would be pretty cool but I've always wanted Adam Baldwin or Jerry O'Connel in the role.

Andrew Bryniarski

slither03090607.jpg

He used to be blonde.

Yeah, he was in Batman Returns as Shrek's kid. I think he'd make a good Thor in an Avengers movie but not in a Thor movie.

Roughneck said:
Andrew Bryniarski

slither03090607.jpg

He used to be blonde.

crow01.jpg

I don't know? I am not feeling it, but, thats just me, he kinda has more of a villian (rather than a hero) feel IMO
I wouldn't mind him, but, he wouldn't be my first pick
(I don't personaly have a casting pick of my own right now, so...)

Someone suggested this in another topic. So who should it be, Karl Urban or another actor?

Karl Urban would be Great, But if i was gonna pick someone else i'd say Sean Bean.

Karl Urban seems to be the trendy fan pick these days. I have one question: Just how big (height and weight) is this guy? It seems to me that a lot of people are picking him just because he looked warrior-ish with long hair and armor in the Lord of the Rings movies. But seeing him in other movies, he doesn't seem to be very big, which is what Thor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"