Official Thor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Doom is as much a trickster as Loki sometimes, plus he's gotta know Loki's been trying to USE him

I suspect he does, which is why there's some doubt as to whose side Loki will be on, according to the solicit. He does generally fight in defense of Asgard if it's threatened by outsiders, since he wants to keep it intact so he can rule it. Sacrificing a couple Asgardian nobodies is one thing; watching the entire realm fall to the likes of Norman Osborn or Dr. Doom is another.

Anyone else excited/apprehensive to see what Tyr's redesign looks like? It'll be the first post-Coipel/Djurdjevic redesign of a major Asgardian...

I believe Loki got Baldur in as king because he would be easier to usurp than Thor(read..kill) Loki is obviously going to betray Doom. Im just wondering what ELSE Doom has up his sleeves, as Thor will be able to beat the Destroyer as usual (but he is the biggest threat, and will be occupied, so the other asgardians must be dealt with)

I suspect he does, which is why there's some doubt as to whose side Loki will be on, according to the solicit. He does generally fight in defense of Asgard if it's threatened by outsiders, since he wants to keep it intact so he can rule it. Sacrificing a couple Asgardian nobodies is one thing; watching the entire realm fall to the likes of Norman Osborn or Dr. Doom is another.

Anyone else excited/apprehensive to see what Tyr's redesign looks like? It'll be the first post-Coipel/Djurdjevic redesign of a major Asgardian...

Can't WAIT to see Tyr. I'm wondering if he'll have both hands?
Actually Bor was the 1st, Coipel was off those issues.

Last edited:
I believe Loki got Baldur in as king because he would be easier to usurp than Thor(read..kill) Loki is obviously going to betray Doom. Im just wondering what ELSE Doom has up his sleeves, as Thor will be able to beat the Destroyer as usual (but he is the biggest threat, and will be occupied, so the other asgardians must be dealt with)
I'm not so sure Thor will be able to EASILY defeat Destroyer this time around. He's been weaken quite a bit by fixing Mjolnir with the last of the ODIN Force, and hasn't recharged the Thorforce in the Thorsleep bed.

Doom will have a contingency that will expel the Asgardians and he'll keep everything that he gained from his experiments. Maybe even the Destroyer as a body guard.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I don't think the Destroyer will leave the Asgardian scene for too long. I just hope it retains its record of being totally indestructible to everything except Celestials and the full force of the Odinpower. That's really the only reason it still has that "oh s***!" factor to it.
Can't WAIT to see Tyr. I'm wondering if he'll have both hands?
Actually Bor was the 1st, Coipel was off those issues.
Djurdjevic designed him, though. Actually, for all we know, Coipel designed him and Djurdjevic just worked off Coipel's designs. Coipel was still technically the regular artist for the series then.

hey who IS going to be the new regular artist? since the return, Thor has been my favorite comic on the market!

Tyr is coming back that should be cool I wonder if he will make a claim to the throne as one of Odin's many sons.Which make you think who wasn't related to Thor? One thing from the myth that I thought Marvel missed out on was the Vanir.I haven't read every Thor comic but has the Vanir ever made a appearance?

I mean a race of beings who were once slave to gods but once bested them in battle to gain their freedom. Am I the only one who titillate at the possibilities from that kind of storyline?

hey who IS going to be the new regular artist? since the return, Thor has been my favorite comic on the market!
Well as far as we know Billy Tan's the new artist.
Yes Marvel is pushing this movie quite a bit but there hasn't been a Single ad anywhere. It is however going to be Marvel's first Fantasy flick as in more like a cross between superhero movie and Lord of the Rings.

Well as far as we know Billy Tan's the new artist.
Yes Marvel is pushing this movie quite a bit but there hasn't been a Single ad anywhere. It is however going to be Marvel's first Fantasy flick as in more like a cross between superhero movie and Lord of the Rings.
JRJR ia on tap for a 6 issue arc as well

I hope loki just kicks doom's ass, in terms of magic doom has nothing on the god of lies and magic.

I think that Marvel has said that the Aesir and the Vanir have merged into one race now. Not certain though.

Tyr is coming back that should be cool I wonder if he will make a claim to the throne as one of Odin's many sons.Which make you think who wasn't related to Thor? One thing from the myth that I thought Marvel missed out on was the Vanir.I haven't read every Thor comic but has the Vanir ever made a appearance?

I mean a race of beings who were once slave to gods but once bested them in battle to gain their freedom. Am I the only one who titillate at the possibilities from that kind of storyline?
I don't think Tyr was related to Thor, just older than Thor since he was around since before was born

John Romita, Jr. is one of the reasons I got into Thor when the second Thor series started. I'd love to see his take on the current Asgardians. :awesome:

I don't think Tyr is considered a son of Odin in the Marvel universe.

I don't recall ever seeing the Vanir in the Marvel universe either, but I could very easily be wrong.

with the current "push" Marvel is giving Thor, I wonder if he is going to "job" less to other characters who really have no chance of beating him. I loved seeing him basically ignore iron man's attacks, then beat the destroyer, then bor...and (after a humiliatingly written loss) whooping Rulk

i just want Thor to soundly beat Sentry, and finally re-take his place as the undisputed most powerful hero in MU

that would depend...how powerful is Rulk....and nobody is touching worldbreaker AT THE END of that saga....nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"