Official UFC Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitch will likely go to Bellator. I hope he stays there. The UFC never appreciated him anyways. It's no different than what The UFC did to Lawler nearly a decade ago.

15-3-1 in his UFC career, and he recently derailed Silva's hypetrain. Keep this in mind too, the ref was close to stopping that fight. Erik was out of it when the fight was over.

Winning percentages don't mean everything, it's who you are beating & how you are beating them. The same to a degree with your loses, it's who beats you & how you were defeated.

Spare me. Fitch pummeled BJ Penn into a bloodly mess who admitted defeat after the fight. He also dominated Erik Silva (who Dana White has been promoting as the next big thing). Sure, Jon got knocked out by Hendricks and outgrappled Maia but those losses didn't warrant a cut, and you know it, especially when you got fighters like Dan Hardy and Leonard Garcia going on epic losing streaks.

But Fitch is supposedly a billed as a world class grappler as well & Maia pretty much gave him both a wrestling & BJJ lesson.

Point? As I saw it, Fitch gave Maia a lesson in submission defense too. Damien was frustrated all through rounds 2 and 3.

Maia isn't a natural LHW either, Maia always looked undersized at MW because most of the MW's are guys that walk around at 205lbs or so, when he fought Fitch at WW he looked as much a WW as Fitch did. Maia & Fitch are both WW's. They both could/have competed at MW, however both are undersized in that division.

Maia has walked around at 190-195 lbs prior to a few fights at MW. He was basically a .5 lb away from 200 lbs last year at the UFC expo. He was undersized at MW though.

Thiago Alves, GSP & Hendricks aren't natural LHW's either. GSP cuts from around 190lbs or so as does Hendricks I believe. Thiago Alves supposedly walks around between 190lbs - 200lbs, however has been known to rise to 210lbs when he had problems cutting weight.. however despite this, he isn't a natural LHW either. Middleweight maybe, but at MW he would be significantly undersized as most MW's are guys that were too small for the LHW division. By too small I mean in both height & weight.

Alves has been known to walk around at 210-215 lbs. Trust me, the guy I saw at the clubs was no 180-190 lb'er. He's always been a 'bulky' fighter when he's not in the gym. Thiago is alot bigger than he appears on TV.

Hendricks is another fighter who nowadays takes his diet more seriously but back when he valued weights he was a large fella himself.

GSP has admitted to crossing the 200 lb mark earlier his career before taking up gymnastics. GSP said he had to lose at least 30 lbs for his bouts with Trigg and Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"