Okay Marvel,.. U have my attention - Don't Blow it.

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Joined
Apr 17, 2003
Messages
12,893
Reaction score
0
Points
31
From the Pulse with Cage running past a drug deal,.. coming back to stare in disbelief before clocking the criminals,
To Spiderman Doing the Egghead world tour,
To Joystick losing her shirt with The Squad Sinister showing up in Thunderbolts,
To the Xmen facing what appears to be the Sentinals at less than full strength,
To Exclaiber facing what appears to be the first group of Xmen,
To the Universal power on a search for itself,...........


Marvel has for the first time in a bit got me wanting more than the adventures of Squirrel Girl.

(From me,... This is heavy praise.)

Up to this point I was limping along enjoying the young, New, Avengers, Praising Slott,.. and sometimes Hudlin, and waiting patiently for the next Squirrel Girl Sighting.

I asking for you guys to tighten it up a bit,.. make sense of a few inconsistancies,.. and keep this ball rolling.

(Do I sound arrogant or a lil selfish for wanting?)
 
thank god, a bit of positivity around here....
 
That was a pretty cool moment in The Pulse with Luke Cage stopping that drug deal. :up:
 
Elijya said:
thank god, a bit of positivity around here....
(Smirk)

We have positivity on tap here @ SHH,.....














Somewhere.
 
SpideyInATree said:
That was a pretty cool moment in The Pulse with Luke Cage stopping that drug deal. :up:
Yup.

Hence my need to mention it.

It was Soooo Luke Cage.
 
I'm so totally hooked now. New X-Men and Decimation: Day after totally got me hookerized. Do me proud, Marvel. Don't **** up.
 
You guys act like it's nothing but negativity around here. Hardly.

Marvel has quite a few good books going on right now, and I see people toot their horns over them all the time here, me included. The problem is that their MAIN books are not real great, so you see a lot of people upset over them.

People vent here. This is not a bad thing.
 
Depends on how they vent.

The lack of much constructive criticism round here and personal attacks on creators is a problem IMO.
 
True, bashing Bendis is every thread is not venting...that's trolling. But w/e, I've given my two cents on the topic more than enough times.


Varient, glad you're enjoying the MU again. :up:
 
I see, so not liking something is trolling. Hmmm, okay.

No, actually, trolling is busting into a thread and saying SOANDSO SUCKS!!! over and over.

Criticising someone is coming into a thread and saying SOANDSO sucks because they got details wrong such as __________.
 
They've got me hooked too.. I'm very excited. :eek: :)
 
Doc Destruction said:
I see, so not liking something is trolling. Hmmm, okay.

No, actually, trolling is busting into a thread and saying SOANDSO SUCKS!!! over and over.

Criticising someone is coming into a thread and saying SOANDSO sucks because they got details wrong such as __________.



No thats trolling also, when you crticise you should be criticising the story not "someone"..

But to be honest i would settle for your definition which we don't see often enough (of course the concept of 'wrong' would probably be somewhat stretched no doubt).
 
So criticizing the author of a story is trolling but criticizing the story isn't?

Riiiiight.

I think that you haven't been looking hard enough if you haven't seen any constructive criticism.
 
Let's all shut up before this goes where we all know it's gonna go if you guys keep being stubborn.
 
Colossal Spoons said:
True, bashing Bendis is every thread is not venting...that's trolling. But w/e, I've given my two cents on the topic more than enough times.


Varient, glad you're enjoying the MU again. :up:

hey look! it's another Bendis-love thread. and there's Colossal Spoons calling out all Bendis haters. haven't seen that in awhile. i hope you guys brought tissue for this circle jerk.
 
I'm just not comfortable with being referred to as a troll if I'm not gushing praises about Marvel every moment.
 
Right, 'cause SSH! threads are so reknowned for their ability to stay on topic
laugh.gif
.
 
BrodieBruce said:
i was rooting for Jake to win:(

Not Jake said:
my mom said that jewish people don't like jesus because they were taught that jesus is a master thief of jewish gold.

this is your champion. :confused:
 
he makes a strong case. My Fiance is a Jew and I think she mentioned taht:up:
 
Muze said:
hey look! it's another Bendis-love thread. and there's Colossal Spoons calling out all Bendis haters. haven't seen that in awhile. i hope you guys brought tissue for this circle jerk.

Funny thing is I don't particularly like Bendis. I just keep my criticism to either myself, or one thread where it's relevant. I swear, go look in all of the HoM threads and you'll find a ton of anti-Bendis remarks. Y'all have gone past critique, it's turned to insults now. How is that constructive?
 
BrianWilly said:
I'm just not comfortable with being referred to as a troll if I'm not gushing praises about Marvel every moment.

Brian, you among others have offered your criticism about Bendis and HoM on many occasions. Even my pal Muze has contributed constructive info about ways HoM could have been better and different. You two aren't the "trolliest" but I have actually seen "BENDIS SUCKS" or "BENDIS IS FAT AND JOEY Q'S SEXMATE" in threads before. That's the epitome of trolling. I guess my sig is too general of a statement then. And gushing praises to Marvel just makes one a fanboy. There needs to be some balance between Trolls and Fanboys.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,319
Messages
21,660,298
Members
45,462
Latest member
Amicus
Back
Top