Okay Marvel,.. U have my attention - Don't Blow it.

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Varient, Nov 11, 2005.

1. iloveclones

iloveclones spooky....

I don't remember why ROM ended, if it was at the behest of Hasbro or not. But it's definately why they can't use him today, because they don't own the rights.

I did find this on Wiki, which I though was interesting. I'll have to check some of my back issues.

As Marvel Comics no longer possesses the licensing rights to Rom, the character may not appear in his armored form. However, Marvel has found ways to work around this dilemma.

During the wedding of Rick Jones to Marlo Chandler, Rom and Brandy returned to Earth as guests at the ceremony, and Rom greeted the Hulk with a friendly handshake.[18]
    In the recent Captain Marvel series featuring Genis-Vell, Rick Jones was shown to own a toaster in the shape of Rom's helmet.[19]
    In the alternate world of Earth X, Rom had ironically been banished to Limbo and was battling against the very Dire Wraiths he had sent there. Rom was seen in human form wielding his Neutralizer and using his chest-plate as a shield. He was referred to only as a "spaceknight."[20]
    In 2006, Marvel reprinted the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe as part of their Essentials line of trade paperbacks, including the Rom entries.
    In the South Park trilogy Imaginationland, which featured characters based on many pre 1990s television and cartoon sources, an unnamed background character heavily based on Rom (by it's appearance) can be seen several times wielding a sword.

2. kainedamo

kainedamo Registered

I should probably read the previous pages, but who the **** is Rom?

3. Doc Destruction

Doc Destruction Geaux Saints!

*sniff* I miss ROM.
    [​IMG]

4. Varient

Varient Guru for Geeks

Ick.

On topic:

I have to admit that for the most Part Marvel has gone and Changed MOST of the problems I had with them,.... With exception of a couple of deaths and OMD,... I really can't complain anymore.

And any praise would go on for days.

V.

5. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

One of the best comics Marvel was producing from the late 70's early 80's.

Hulk, X-Men, and ROM were my "Holy Trilogy" back then, lol.

6. UK_Stu

UK_Stu Registered

I have the entire ROM run - it was pretty good. I also owned the ROM toy - he used to take on all Action Man (GI JOE, for you guys in the US) challengers.:woot:

7. Kitsune

Kitsune Fox of Ages

Would saying "Rob Leifield ROCKS" be considered trolling, or just sarcasm?

8. Doc Destruction

Doc Destruction Geaux Saints!

Mental illness, actually. :)

9. Kitsune

Kitsune Fox of Ages

Well I was going on the assumption that if you were that mentally ill, you wouldn't able to use a computer.

10. Varient

Varient Guru for Geeks

(((Shudder)))

The "Geek" in me wants to try "Pickle slices and Strawberries"

Gotta give credit where credit is due,... The ONE issue I read of Secret Invasion has made me want to go back and read,... Man I feel for 3D and wonder where the heck Pym is,...

That's called "good writing".

11. Varient

Varient Guru for Geeks

So I'm reading the current FF invasion tie in's.

...... Franklin thinks of the neg zone prison first?

That was the ONLY thing I didn't like.

I love the Old story between Lazerfist and Torch,.... I always thought that was dropped too quickly,... Just like that wrestling federation thing that Ben was a part of,... and "She Thing" who could've really come in handy in the last FOUR crisis's that Marvel has had.

The Black Panther is sliding more and more into the favorite posit of being the Preptime King in the Marvel Universe - I LOVE the handling of the Skrull in this,... though I expected them to change shape instead of picking up weapons,....

She Hulk? waiting and seeing,... I'm liking it - but mostly because I can't predict where the writer is going with her.

All in all a great intro to my having been out of the loop for a month and a half.

12. Varient

Varient Guru for Geeks

Holy Spit.

Playing Catchup,.. I read Ms Marvel 28 and 29.

I LOVED IT.

He hit ALL the points,... Made her the "smartest" I've ever read her.

And I loved the contrast between Super Hero and when she became a warrior,....

Meh,... I take back most of the negative I ever said about the character and give Props to Brian Reed an co.

GREAT JOB.