Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by FlameHead, Mar 10, 2006.
Turn away from vengeance
god I hope not
Just a little on D. Way.
Ghost Rider: The Daniel Way T&A...I mean, Q&A
With GHOST RIDER #1 in stores now, we sat down with writer Daniel Way for a quick chat. After that, we subjected Dan to our rapid-fire round of questions -- a specially calibrated Q&A that offers a glimpse into his very soul.
1) When did you start reading Ghost Rider? Any favorite stories?
'92 or '93...when I was a senior in high school.
2) Favorite stories?
The ones that Tex and Jarv did. I remember liking the Scarecrow issue, particularly.
2) Youve been to some conventions recently and met a lot of fans. What were your impressions of Ghost Rider fans?
They're kinda like me, but fatter.
3) Youre writing both Ghost Rider and Wolverine right now, the two biggest badasses out there (besides you, of course). So
.whod win in a fight?
4) And whod win in a fight between you and Axel? Dont lie.
Me. Axel's got the reach on me, but I have the experience. My only concern would be that he'd exploit the opportunity to touch me in an inappropriate and wholly unacceptable fashion.
5) Why do you have to be such a badass, Daniel? No. Really.
Because it's easier than being nice to everyone.
6) Dr. Strange is making a big guest appearance in the first arc. Does the good doctor have any chance against Ghosty?
I'd give him better odds than most anyone else...but at the end of the day? Hell, no.
7) Have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Whats your favorite make and model?
Since I was 7. Favorite street bikes are the old BSA models (for sentimental reasons). As far as dirt bikes go...well, I haven't ridden one since I was about 15 but I really liked the old Husky (Husqvarna) bikes because they were damn near indestructible and because the sprockets had longer teeth and a larger diameter than most other bikes, so they tended to pull harder.
8) What job would you want if you werent a comic book writer? And, no, were not trying to tell you anything.
Wind farmer/arms stock-piler/cult leader.
Cults are cool. Okay...so now for our rapid-fire round. 1, 2, 3...
1. Hulk or Thor?
2. Shang Chi or Iron Fist?
3. When are cowboy hats acceptable?
When you're a cowboy.
4. ...and Capris?
Seriously--what's a capris?
5. You pick -- Dogs or cats?
Dogs. I own a boxer.
6. Cowboys or Niners?
7. Earth, Wind & Fire or Blood, Sweat & Tears?
Earth, Wind & Fire. Because I, too, just wanna celebrate.
8. P. Diddy...Puffy Daddy...Diddy...or Puffy?
Who %^$%#$% cares?
9. David Hasselhoff or John Tesh? And no saying, neither. Commit!
Get me outta here, KITT...
10. Billiards - a sport?
You mean "pool", right? No. If you can do it while drinking and smoking, it's not a sport.
11. Favorite cheese?
12. Best Song Ever?
White Man in Hammersmith Palais. The Clash.
13. Ronnie Van Zant or Stevie Ray Vaughan?
Ronnie Van Zant.
14. And you. Daniel Way. The Man. Totally macho, or too many nachos?
I write COMIC BOOKS for a living--what do YOU think?
Man, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. The last line is hilarious.
Great find NDX.
New Pictures from the Comic: