Superman Returns One year later, and with two months to go, where do you stand?

Cinemaman said:
Yep, SR is greater than Spidey.
yeah, sure.

it's impossible to compare now, but spider-man's box office numbers are mammoth.

i don't think you remember just how lucrative they actually were.

My personal schedule doesn't allow me to see it in theatres, except when the movies go to the cheapies, because those theatres have midnight showings and are accessible to me.

So, as much as I'd love to see it within the first weekend, there is no way that is going to happen.

The Riddler said:
i read the post over.

there's nothing that would even slightly hitn at any problems with my mind.

perhaps, to a superman fan like you, you maybe be disillusioned.

Did you see SR? No? Thanx.

Youb see? You says your opinion, but you didn't even see 2 minutes of this film.

But of course, "we all are fools, and you are only one who is right".

Cinemaman said:
Youb see? You says your opinion, but you didn't even see 2 minutes of this film.

Techinically with the Comc Con Blog & Teaser & Various other Blogs we have seen Two Minutes :o

The Riddler said:
yeah, sure.

it's impossible to compare now, but spider-man's box office numbers are mammoth.

i don't think you remember just how lucrative they actually were.

Spidey made high numbers, $400m domesticly, and $820m in worldwide.

But I think SR can also make more than $300m and $700m.

It is possible and probably will be so.

MIDNIGHT SCREENING, no question about it!!!

Dnsk said:
Techinically with the Comc Con Blog & Teaser & Various other Blogs we have seen Two Minutes :o

I mean first 2 minutes of film.

Cinemaman said:
Did you see SR? No? Thanx.

But of course, "we all are fools, and you are only one who is right".
i've seen pictures, i've seen the teaser.

i've seen enough to formulate an opinion on how the film looks as of now and how it seems it will be.

you don't need to see the movie to have an opinion on it.

will the opinion change? perhaps.

but as of now, the movie really doesn't look promising.

Cinemaman said:
Spidey made high numbers, $400m domesticly, and $820m in worldwide.

But I think SR can also make more than $300m and $700m.

It is possible and probably will be so.
you remind me of the batman guys thinking begins was gonna do 300 million or more.

not even close.

could be the same here.

The Riddler said:
i've seen pictures, i've seen the teaser.

i've seen enough to formulate an opinion on how the film looks as of now and i how it seems it will be.

you don't need to see the movie to have an opinion on it.

will the opinion change? perhaps.

but as of now, the movie really doesn't look promising.

Nope, you can say your opinion about this film only after you saw it.

People thought BB will not be serious character movie, but when they saw it, they were wrong.

The same here.

Cinemaman said:
Nope, you can say your opinion about this film only after you saw it.

People thought BB will not be serious character movie, but when they saw it, they were wrong.

The same here.
no, you're wrong, you facist dictator.

i can state my opinion anytime i like.

also, batman begins was a serious character movie. the action sucked ash, though.

The Riddler said:
you remind me of the batman guys thinking begins was gonna do 300 million or more.

not even close.

could be the same here.

BB was dark movie, while SR is going to be light.

That is why Spidey made high numbers, it was light comic book blockbuster with American icon.

The same with Superman.

The Riddler said:
no, you're wrong, you facist dictator.

i can state my opinion anytime i like.

also, batman begins was a serious character movie. the action sucked ash.

You know that I am right, but you don't want to understant this.

People are always wrong.

Cinemaman said:
BB was dark movie, while SR is going to be light.

That is why Spidey made high numbers, it was light comic book blockbuster with American icon.

The same with Superman.
well we can't prove anything until it actually comes out so it's a lost cause.

Cinemaman said:
You know that I am right, but you don't want to understant this.

People are always wrong.
hahhahaha.

what a nonsensical post.

The Riddler said:
hahhahaha.

what a nonsensical post.

Really? Are you sure?

I can also go to Batman boards and say that BB2 will suck and BB was dumb movie.

But I will not do it, because I love BB and think that BB2 will be also great sequel.

You are Superman hater and Batman fan in one face.

Cinemaman said:
Really? Are you sure?

I can also go to Batman boards and say that BB2 will suck and BB was dumb movie.

But I will not do it, because I love BB and think that BB2 will be also great sequel.

You are Superman hater and Batman fan in one face.
yes, it was a nonsensical post.

also, you can blast batman begins so long as you have a justified opinion.

i'm not really a superman hater, i'm just not really a fan and i think the movie is gonna blow.

The Riddler said:
yes, it was a nonsensical post.

also, you can blast batman begins so long as you have a justified opinion.

i'm not really a superman hater, i'm just not really a fan and i think the movie is gonna blow.

But why you think so? Can you explain?

Cinemaman said:
But why you think so? Can you explain?
basically, two main reasons i think this movie won't do so well at the box office.

poor marketing. much like begins, so far there isn't much hype. i remember a lot of people saying wait until the release gets closer before the hype really starts but it never came. look at a movie like spider-man; the hype is so high that spider-man 3 was one of the most popular web searches on the internet just a week ago; a FULL year before the film is even released.

the suit. i'm sure a lot of people like the suit, but i'm sure there are perhaps more people who think the suit sucks.

The Riddler said:
basically, two main reasons i think this movie won't do so well at the box office.

poor marketing. much like begins, so far there isn't much hype. i remember a lot of people saying wait until the release gets closer before the hype really starts but it never came. look at a movie like spider-man; the hype is so high that spider-man 3 was one of the most popular web searches on the internet just a week ago; a FULL year before the film is even released.

the suit. i'm sure a lot of people like the suit, but i'm sure there are perhaps more people who think the suit sucks.

1. Full marketing will come in May. Now we have magazines and articles. Soon we will get full trailer, 8-9 TV-spots, interviews, posters and etc.

2. This suit isn't so big problem in the movie.

Cinemaman said:
1. Full marketing will come in May. Now we have magazines and articles. Soon we will get full trailer, 8-9 TV-spots, interviews, posters and etc.

2. This suit isn't so big problem in the movie.
well we'll just play the waiting game until it's release.

The Riddler said:
well we'll just play the waiting game until it's release.

Look, if POTC2 makes less than 1st movie, SR will absolutely make more than $300m, I am sure.

But if not, there will be some hope.

Cinemaman said:
Look, if POTC2 makes less than 1st movie, SR will absolutely make more than $300m, I am sure.

But if not, there will be some hope.
it's all just an estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"