Superman Returns One year later, and with two months to go, where do you stand?

Hopefully i`ll be there at midnight!! I really want to. Lets see how things play...

Hopefully i`ll be there at midnight!! I really want to. Lets see how things play...

Oh, don't act like you all are not going to buy the bootleg tape, you know you are...you like watching newly released movies in your draws, admit it.:O

There are still several things about the way this movie is shaping up that irk me. However, there isn't a chance in hell that I won't be munching on some overpriced popcorn in an IMAX theatre, waiting to see it come 12:01 a.m., opening night.

The Riddler said:
you'd be sorely mistaken because batman begins was actually a good movie and the only reason it surpassed 200 million was because it was a good film.

No, It made money because it was Batman. The majority of people who went to see it didnt even understand it was a restart.

batman begins doesn't have the type of audience a spider-man or superman type film will have because of a whole bunch of reasons i don't feel like listing.

:rolleyes: Its a comicbook movie. It has the exact core audience as Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men.

also, to the average person and just about EVERYONE i know, the superman suit looks pretty bad.

The average person and just about everybody I know hates the foam rubber Batman suit.

i won't be surprised if superman returns surpasses batman begins' numbers at the box office because frankly, begins did pretty bad.

Because BB was a bad film.

i just think this movie is gonna suck. anything over 300 million at the box office is impossible for this film.

BB sucked, you dont see me trolling the BB boards saying that I think BB2 will suck (Which it probably will)

Mentok said:
BB sucked, you dont see me trolling the BB boards saying that I think BB2 will suck (Which it probably will) :o
Of course not. Because you'd probably be wrong.

BB was really great comic book movie. I gave it 9 out of 10.

I see Mentok thought BB will be something more greater than it and was disappointed.

Eh Sequels tend to suck. But lately Comic Book Movie Sequels havent. I'll give Batman Begins 2 a chance. But god they need to do something about those Camera Angles during the Fight Scenes.

BB was a great movie but i really missed the art department from the Tim Burton movies. The art department for BB movie was just meh. I never liked the fact that Gotham looks like a normal city. Where are the Gargoyles? The great statues? Thank God for Singer and establishing Metropolis as a great city and looking differently than New York or any other real world city.

skruloos said:
Of course not. Because you'd probably be wrong.

It sucked. Its not the worst film ever, but it still sucked :(

Cinemaman said:
I see Mentok thought BB will be something more greater than it and was disappointed.

Yeah, thats a part of why I dont like it.

Mentok said:
It sucked. Its not the worst film ever, but it still sucked :(

That's it? It sucked because it sucked? What's the basis for your opinion, what about it makes you think suckage?

Oldguy said:
That's it? It sucked because it sucked? What's the basis for your opinion, what about it makes you think suckage?

I have posted my problems with the film more times than I care to remember.

Actualy i find myself looking at this video and considering the first pictures that were released of Routh as CK, i find this to be almost the exact same moment. Its so creepy how these two share similarities. They both spoke to reporters in a very similar scene;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OASRx57KJ_w

Mentok said:
The majority of people who went to see it didnt even understand it was a restart.
I find that very hard to believe...

Mentok said:
:rolleyes: Its a comicbook movie. It has the exact core audience as Superman, Spider-Man and X-Men.
Movies like Spiderman and Superman draw more of a universal audience than some of the more sci-fi or darker comic book adaptions.

Mentok said:
The average person and just about everybody I know hates the foam rubber Batman suit.

For Batman to exist in live action (in a believable capacity) this is a compromise that needs to be made.

Junfan said:

Movies like Spiderman and Superman draw more of a universal audience than some of the more sci-fi or darker comic book adaptions.

For Batman to exist in live action (in a believable capacity) this is a compromise that needs to be made.
belive it. the time when batman negins was out i heard from a lot of people that it was a restart. i heard in the theater when i watched teh movie a guy who asked loud: didnt joker killed hes parents?

Junfan said:

Go find a bunch of reviews for BB (not from superhero based sites) Almost all say BB is a prequel. That played a big part in it. Plus the ending confused alot of people (they thought the refrence to The Joker leads into BATMAN 89).

Its a comicbook film, the core audience is the same. Dont even try and say it draws a different crowd because its 'darker'.

B.S... The batsuit can be done dozens of different ways in live action. They decided to stick with a crap black foam rubber suit.

Mentok said:
B.S... The batsuit can be done dozens of different ways in live action. They decided to stick with a crap black foam rubber suit.

:confused::confused:

Do you truly have the qualifications to say that? (We talkin about the BB suit or B89?)

keaton.jpg

batman%20kilmer.jpg

clooney.jpg

batman%20bale.jpg

lets end this here ok? mentok already explained why he thinks like that. use teh search function to see what he thinks about the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"