• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Apocalypse Oscar Isaac IS Apocalypse - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to piggy back a couple topic points

-How could I forget the X-men Anime? That's probably the most interesting rendition of Cyclops. (not including WATX, couldn't watch it cus the title). The X-men Anime was really deep and featured alot of good things about the X-men. But boy did they ever nail Cyclops. He leadership, The Jean angst, his lack of trust of Emma. Speaking of Emma, she was done to a Tee too. Beast storm and Wolverine probably took the biggest backseat in this adaption. I don't think it was totally necessary but I could live with it.

-Apocalypse looks yea, like an Hi-tech armored Pharoah. As soon as you heard the Ronan comparisons you know it was legit. For instance, check out this pre X-men Apocalypse art:
x_men_apocalypse___the_movie__fan_version_by_lucasparolin-d82y5ag.jpg

Let the complainers complain, but Fox nailed it. You just can't make some nerds happy and they'll complain about it 15 times a page on a 20 post thread.

The nature of the tech is interesting too. I mean the celestial armor sounds pretty cool. But judging by the context he probably absorbs some mutant's ability to work with machinery and enhances himself through technology. Just my two cents.

I'm excited to discover the nature of the tech. So much world building is about to happen!

Which worlds would they be building has me a little worried. Does Fox has the okay to use Celestials or will they b@stardized Shi'ar lore just for the h3ll of it?

My hopes is that if they are going the alien tech route its just another generic nameless alien race/planet like they did with 4stic.

The cosmic characters under the X-men umbrella could still be salvage by Marvel while Fox picks the rest dry.

ciscostudent561, you're not missing much by not watching WATXM. Cyclops was horribly portrayed in it.

yeah i heard from a couple people its must watch
but I trust your judgment over theirs.
Did you watch the X-men Anime btw?

Yeah a couple of times. Cyclops was one of the better things about it, but it's not my favourite thing.

yea I can see where you're coming from with that.
It had its weak points but man did it ever paint cyke the right way.
You can't beat Cyclops training Armor, that sequence was intense.
Or him grillin Emma'... good stuff.

Right! Just like Domashev.

As I recall an honest amount of fans here followed Tobby Kebbell over the cliff but all have amnesia now. And this....display is just a tad simulator. So forgive me if I don't just fall in line.

It's a forum not a cult.
Do you take medication? Calm tf down no one even was talking to you in particular.
Idc what you feel I'm just giving my opinion.

Also to compare this to that abomination of a film shows how much you are unwilling to ever give it a chance.

THIS would be the coolest-badass battle ever!
tumblr_mkz9t4fBGA1s0wwqso1_500.gif

tumblr_nz7bwzjj9H1ui45hlo4_500.gif

tumblr_n2y58i1x7N1rertyro1_500.gif

I'm so mad they didnt use the apocalypse story line with the original cast :cmad:

Do you take medication? Calm tf down no one even was talking to you in particular.
Idc what you feel I'm just giving my opinion.

Also to compare this to that abomination of a film shows how much you are unwilling to ever give it a chance.

giphy.gif

The absurdity of INO being applied to Apocalypse :funny:

The most INO applicable movie or character upcoming is Doomsday and 'Civil War'. Doomsday a basically an interchangeable CGI monster and with CW it's a skirmish more than a war. It's not about secret identities, Spider won't unmask and I doubt Cap will die. It's basically a bro-split between Cap & Iron Man over 'the other man' in Caps life with heroes choosing whose side to take in the divorce.

the absurdity of ino being applied to apocalypse :funny:

The most ino applicable movie or character upcoming is doomsday and 'civil war'. Doomsday a basically an interchangeable cgi monster and with cw it's a skirmish more than a war. It's not about secret identities, spider won't unmask and i doubt cap will die. It's basically a bro-split between cap & iron man over 'the other man' in caps life with heroes choosing whose side to take in the divorce.
roflz

The absurdity of INO being applied to Apocalypse :funny:

The most INO applicable movie or character upcoming is Doomsday and 'Civil War'. Doomsday a basically an interchangeable CGI monster and with CW it's a skirmish more than a war. It's not about secret identities, Spider won't unmask and I doubt Cap will die. It's basically a bro-split between Cap & Iron Man over 'the other man' in Caps life with heroes choosing whose side to take in the divorce.

Still upset over the whole "FFINO" thing eh?

That's what I am trying to understand how this Apocalypse is Apocalypse in name only. This interpretation of Apocalypse has a lot of aspects from the comic/cartoon Apocalypse and has been analyzed and proven by the Guard, JP and Frankeh, to the fact he seems like a more or less comic book accurate portrayal of Apocalypse so far, we'll wait till future trailers and movies to see any true deviation:

sfNxwiYh.jpg

6y0xKPX.jpg

-The fact that his suit is blue is an important one.

-Apocalypse himself has been blue in the comics and cartoon before:
apocaypse.jpg

Apocalypse in the top two pictures and Days of Future Past has been light blue/greyish with dark blue lips.Oscar Isaac even pointed it out that Apocalypse grayish blue, that the picture makes everyone think he is purple. He says it's more inspired on X-Men: Evolution where he's bluer. He says it's not a CGI replica of "the" comic book look, but Singer's never really done replicas but adaptations(https://instagram.com/p/68bkOJhxHg/?...y=thenerdtruth and http://nerdist.com/nerdist-podcast-oscar-isaac/)

-His helmet is an obvious nod to the similar triangle like designs found on the top of his head in various versions of the character.
X-Men-Apocalypse-Bryan-Singer1.jpg

-His head has been rounded off not just with prosthetics, but with an under helmet, another attempt to bring it in line with the comics little round noggin in relation to the larger neck and shoulderpiece.

-His neckpiece is a clear adaption of the comic book character's, including rectangle/square in the center of the shoulder piece.

-He has similarly placed tubes around his arm and head(Age of Apocalypse picture shows him with said wires around his head) , again, quite a bit like the comics.
LN83u3A.jpg

-He has the "facial lines" on his cheekbones, lips(which subtly connect for the most part except for that scene from the trailer above) and chin that extend up to the ears.

-The shoulder pieces, again, an obvious nod to his enormous shoulder pieces in the comics.

-SomethingThe Guard pointed out ...is if you look closely at his gauntlets, you can see that there’s a nod to the “cutaway design” the comics version has, the sort of gauntlet under a gauntlet look.

-The “A” is on his waist, only difference is there is more of an Egyptian feel to it.

The only real addition is that instead of generic "tights and armor" visually, he has been given an ornate techno-organic Egyptian" look(some fans compared it to the Apocalypse vs Dracula look and this is a nice examination of his armor :
http://comicbook.com/2015/07/31/why-we-should-calm-down-about-apocalypse-s-x-men-movie-look/
The major change to the costume actually has a great story reason. The character’s history is indelibly tied to his time in ancient Egypt. Rather than just a touch of that, instead relying chiefly on the alien origins of his armor and his own tinkering with his powers as in the comics, the movie costume seems to have a very heavy focus on the Egyptian background. The aforementioned cowl is adorned with details made to look like a pharaoh’s robes, as are the majority of the rest of Apocalypse’s armor. Going over his head, its almost as if a jeweled headdress has been implanted atop his skull. Even the purple shading refers to royalty, a historically royal color. Overall, these are meant to show him as a king among men. It’s a look that doesn’t reflect the comics in an exact way, but it does reflect how Apocalypse sees himself: a ruler, who demands respect simply through his existence.
), which absolutely fits the character. Another complaint seems to be height, which has been proven to be not the forefront of thought when it comes to casting, but it is added in some form into the movie. Plus the fact that one of the monologue is a rewording of this line (From X-Factor#24) only with Yahweh, Krishna and Ra
apocalypseold3.jpg

http://goodcomics.comicbookresource...id-apocalypse-get-his-start-in-ancient-egypt/
and the other quote is an almost word for word taking of a quote from X-Men the Animated Series
[YT]watch?v=Coq5TgD4IaA[/YT]
but I hope it's not simply full recreations of Apocalypse quotes from the comics and cartoons even though that would be awesome. I get people won't like Apocalypse look in the movie. Personal Opinions but to see it's not faithful and it's Apocalypse in name only. To say that is a stretch is an understatement. Honestly if I have to choose this and that fan concept art of Apocalypse at the top of the page, I would chose this Apocalypse look.

Last edited:
Which worlds would they be building has me a little worried. Does Fox has the okay to use Celestials or will they b@stardized Shi'ar lore just for the h3ll of it?

My hopes is that if they are going the alien tech route its just another generic nameless alien race/planet like they did with 4stic.

The cosmic characters under the X-men umbrella could still be salvage by Marvel while Fox picks the rest dry.

It'll probably be the Shi'Ar since Marvel own the Celestials as they own the Eternals.

I don't see why we're debating this... He looks exactly like he should. A movie version of Apocalypse.

Exactly, he looks like Apocalypse to me, and acts like him, so to me he is faithful. Plenty of others feel the same way some fans don't want to seem to accept this.

Last edited:
Right! Just like Domashev.

As I recall an honest amount of fans here followed Tobby Kebbell over the cliff but all have amnesia now. And this....display is just a tad simulator. So forgive me if I don't just fall in line.

It's a forum not a cult.

You can "not fall in line" all you want....because that means that you will not "share the same opinion" as he does...and not sharing others opinions is what discussion is all about....but calling them names for not sharing your opinion is not allowed....and them having a different opinion than you does not make them a member of a cult.

Fantastic Four deserved every bit of crap that it got from 95% of people but connecting Apocalypse to that film is odd. I don't see what's similar about the projects besides a couple of obvious connections because they are at the same studio.

Certainly Bryan Singer is nothing like Josh Trank. He's a real director and Singer's past X-films have been well regarded by most in the past. Apocalypse looks fine, much, much, much better than Crash Test Doomy.

I think most of the costuming in Singer's X-Men films is ugly as sin, hate the obsession with black costumes, but Apocalypse actually looks decent.

It'll probably be the Shi'Ar since Marvel own the Celestials as they own the Eternals.

Yeah.....that's what has me worried.

Shi'ar has Pheonix ties not Apocalypse but in their minds it's "Just be happy we're throwing you a bone"

Just to piggy back a couple topic points

-How could I forget the X-men Anime? That's probably the most interesting rendition of Cyclops. (not including WATX, couldn't watch it cus the title). The X-men Anime was really deep and featured alot of good things about the X-men. But boy did they ever nail Cyclops. He leadership, The Jean angst, his lack of trust of Emma. Speaking of Emma, she was done to a Tee too. Beast storm and Wolverine probably took the biggest backseat in this adaption. I don't think it was totally necessary but I could live with it.

-Apocalypse looks yea, like an Hi-tech armored Pharoah. As soon as you heard the Ronan comparisons you know it was legit. For instance, check out this pre X-men Apocalypse art:

Let the complainers complain, but Fox nailed it. You just can't make some nerds happy and they'll complain about it 15 times a page on a 20 post thread.

The nature of the tech is interesting too. I mean the celestial armor sounds pretty cool. But judging by the context he probably absorbs some mutant's ability to work with machinery and enhances himself through technology. Just my two cents.

You should give it a shot. It was a really terrific show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"