Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 9

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

You don't have money for both? If so, Ultimate is a safe bet. The best high school centered Spiderman stories in comics

Ps. I just read the entire Scott Pilgrim comicbook run, and I fell in love :D even if you have seen the movie, the comicbooks offer so much more. It has a kind of a Spiderman feeling to it with the supporting cast. I definitely recommend it

#901 TheWallCrawler, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Long story but summed up, DP kills Peter Parker. Parker ends up in some version of hell and is taking on a demon Mysterio wanting revenge, DP realizes he killed a good man and goes to this 'hell' to save Peter. Then just before Peter wakes up he's met by this devilish figure (they don't say it is Mephisto but he looks an awful lot like him and his statement to Peter implies it). As part of the deal between Pete/MJ and Mephisto in OMD, it was revealed that MJ told Mephisto that if the deal was accepted he wasn't allowed to bother Peter again. Kind of suggests that since he's making contact with PP and even talking about what happened, the deal could be scratched.

I'm not sure if Marvel is once again toying with the fans or if this means MJ will be reunited with Peter. MJ has been in the Invincible Iron Man series. There's been a crossover with Spidey going into that series and now Tony is showing up in the ASM run along with his new assistant, MJ.

Did you read Renew Your Vows? That mini series had a married Peter and MJ and they took on a villain named Regent that was stealing heroes powers. Well, even though that book wasn't canon, Regent has just showed up in ASM stealing heroes powers. It's interesting. Plus MJ is supposed to don the Iron Spider armor in ASM issue #15.

IMO, MJ was carted off to the Iron Man series to help reinvigorate the character before being brought to the ASM series once again. With the new films coming out soon and the huge success of Renew Your Vows (went thru 4 printings), I'd say we're set for a Pete and MJ reunion of sorts.

3. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I do, but I'd only have $8 and some change left on my Amazon account and I wanna save some more money for my next purchase, which would probably go towards the second Volume of USM or Spidey. :oldrazz:

I love the movie and game they released. I'll definitely check out the comics, though. Thanks! :woot:

4. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

Thanks, Webhead! Appreciate you taking the time for that post.

Yeah, I've been following Amazing and I even picked up some issues of Iron Man with MJ in it. And yes I read "Renew Your Vows." I just didn't read the Deadpool series, thinking it wasn't really canon and just a series cashing in on two popular characters. Maybe I might look into it, at least that issue 5.

Hopefully we'll at least get Pete and MJ back together.

Thanks again for the info! :up: :woot:

5. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

No problem. And yeah, although I'm not much of a Deadpool fan myself, this new series between he and Spidey has been nothing short of pure awesome entertainment. Very fun and funny. Issue #4 was probably one of the funnest, feel good Spider-Man issues I've read in awhile.

I think this is partly so successful because Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness are the team heading up the stories and art. Joe has such a knack for how to write these two guys and have them play off one another--he just 'gets' both of them. And Ed's art is fantastic.

Based on what I've read, this story is canon. It utilizes and references the current state of what's going on in ASM. Even Miles makes an appearance.

I know you're gonna check out issue #5 but imo you should give the series a shot. I recommend it highly.

6. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

Ok, Webhead. With the exception of Dan Slott, we share the same opinions on Spidey so I'll check out the issues when I go the comic book store. :woot:

7. harryoscop Registered

#907 harryoscop, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  8. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

Dang, I REALLY want that Space Venom, hopefully it doesn't take too much to build him . Marvel Legends is making me make some VERY tough calls with my wallet this year.

That said, I'm officially a high school graduate, guys! Finally moving on up!

[​IMG]

9. harryoscop Registered

Holy crap, congrats Cap! :applaud This marks the next chapter in your life, dude!

10. theinfernoman That guy

Same! :woot:

11. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

12. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

Thanks, guys!
    Congrats!

13. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Don't party too hard

14. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Just ordered USM Vol. 1 and Spider-Man: The Venom Saga (TAS DVD). :woot:

Own the Venom Saga on VHS already but I'd rather have it in DVD format.

15. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Cool. Let me know what you think :yay:

16. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

[​IMG]
    So, apparently this is a storyboard from SM4.
    Mysterio was going to be Bruce Campbell.

17. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Makes sense, as they could've easily had all those characters Bruce played be the same guy aka Quentin Beck who was a failed actor (as opposed to a SFX guy), hence why he was around so much.

I think, judging from what we were supposed to get, he would've had a type of role similar to how Shocker usually does (an easy defeat for Spidey).

18. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

Congratulations guys.

19. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

20. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

For a minute i thought that was one of your videos Aziz.

21. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-4-storyboards-reveal-iconic-villains-and-hug-1779949984

Wish we could've got Spider-Man 4. :(

22. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

'It would’ve been part of a beginning of the film montage featuring “a montage of C and D- list villains that we knew would never be used as main antagonists: Mysterio, the Shocker, the Prowler, the old school-onesie-wearing version of the Rhino, maybe even the Stilt Man, etc.” '

But you were planning on using the vulture as the main antagonist though

23. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Hence why:

is there. Sam has always been a Vulture fan and probably felt the character had a lot of untapped potential.

24. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

If it was, I'd post videos of the NDS game.
    I love Web of Shadows on the Nintendo DS, it's one of my favorite games on that system, and one of my favorite Spider-Man games, which is kinda rare for a handheld Spidey game to enter the list of my favorites on its respective system.
    I want to add the NDS version of Shattered Dimensions as one of my favorites, but the portal to switch between different webheads worlds drives me insane more than the insane races in Ultimate Spider-Man, I couldn't finish SM:SD on the NDS because of that, and there is no cheat to bypass it. :csad:

25. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

One of this days i have to go back to NDS's Web of Shadows and end it (the same for PC's Web of Shadows, i only got to Electro and dropped it)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.