Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 9

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

Difficulty or boredom?
    Electro's cutscenes are cringeworthy, I honestly think that game version and story of the character is worse than TASM2 Electro.
    The symbiote choice after defeating symbiote Electro is funny.

2. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

It was boredom, i had other game to play, i had played WOS for a month, i just took it out.
    But i think it's time to go back, if anything WOS is a really fun game and the choice aspect is one of my favorite things about it.

3. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

The ending of the NDS game is a weird one.

4. Repulsor Blast Walloping Websnappers

i wish they re-shot 40% of tasm2

5. Tacit Ronin Registered

Anyone reading the current Amazing run? What do ya peeps think of Spider-man being a CEO of his own corporation?

6. SpideyJJ Registered

Personally, Slott has ruined the main ASM book for me. He has terrible dialogue, campy writing, pathetic villains, a lifeless and boring supporting cast and the most absolutely horrid characterization of Peter in any current ongoing medium that isn't a Disney cartoon (the term petulant man-child is the first phrase that comes to mind). It sucks because it really seemed like a decent idea, plus in the Spidey/Deadpool team-up book they do a much better job of writing Peter Parker as a successful world renown scientist/ceo.

7. CaptainWagner Searching (P) (he/him)

I love the concept of Peter's new role, but I wish they had gotten a new writer for the new status quo. Slott's writing is getting old, and I wound up dropping the book a few months back. Which is a shame, as I really want to support what they're doing with Peter. I just couldn't afford to keep pulling a book that kept failing to excite me.

8. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Yes, I'm reading it. And Peter being the CEO of his own corporation is not even the problem with everything that is wrong with the current story. Him being CEO was supposed to this progression for the character that allowed him to be more of his own man, be successful, finally, based on his own inventions and his genuis. I seem to remember many supporters of this change stating this very idea however it has gone in the other direction. Peter is acting more selfish, ignorant, irresponsible, childish and stupid than I can recall in recent memory. Slott really needs to go. This last issue was down right embarassing as a Spidey fan. Dan Slott writes what he knows though... an impulsive, irresponsible, self-centered, angry guy who neglects his work and gets into completely needless fights.

Yes, to all of this. Well, remember that Spidey/Deadpool is in the very capable hands of Joe Kelly. It's amazing the difference you get with a writer that knows the character and knows how to convey it properly.

They (Marvel) finally acknowledge the, by far and away, most popular Spider-Man story of 2015 in Renew Your Vows. Yet thanks to Slott, the guy who penned that story in the first place, is ignoring those points and has completely ruined the story thus far. There's a reason that comic mini-series went thru 4 printings and it wasn't because of the villain. It was because of the dynamic between MJ and Peter. It was their relationship and of course with their daughter taking on Regent together...everything felt and was personal.

But look at what we currently have, MJ although present has been sidelined as nothing more than a cameo and the story features Betty Brant in a larger role. The central focus of the storyline is now between Peter and Tony, the two of them acting like children and endangering children for that matter, though Peter is clearly more at fault cause Tony isn't aware that Pete is Spider-Man. Nonetheless, that is NOT what made the RYV story so great in the first place. Also, Regent isn't even the same villain that he was in RYV...I mean, seriously, how difficult is it to make him into the same character.

Slott is souring RYV with this current garbage that he's writing. I honestly felt dumber after reading that last issue of ASM.

9. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

Every time a new Spider-Man game either comes out or is announced, people still refer to Spider-Man 2 for the swinging no developer wants to repeat, and a number of fans still praise to this day, and it gets me to think of Treyarch's work on movie tie-ins.

The first one is still mediocre, it had potential to be one of the best linear games, but thugs are faster than the fast and agile superhero, something the two games before it didn't have, smaller limit to webbing, and some levels are a bit too difficult.

The second one is a good one, it's definitely a good game, and one of the best Spider-Man games so far, buuuut it is an overrated one, and overrated means it gets higher score than it deserves as quality, I see people still call it a 9/10 quality, but it's more like a 7-7.5/10 on that front. People praising Spider-Man 2 neglect mentioning some of the glaring flaws in it (and I won't talk much about voice acting, the main cast did a good job), like:
    1. How compulsory it is to perform a number of tasks before going through with story missions, sure Ultimate Spider-Man kept that problem, but there is a way in that game to turn around that issue and allow the flow of the story to go uninterrupted, tedious work sometimes, but the result is good, Spider-Man 2 has a strict by the number pattern you can't break.
    2. In the normal swing (at least in the copy I played, some of you probably haven't faced it) you can't steer without changing weblines, it always goes forward or backwards like a pendulum.
    3. "Attack -> web attack -> jump" pattern to suspend a thug on a street light.
    4. "Web attack -> dodge" to pull a thug.
    5. Some street tasks require you to talk to citizens to perform, and in many cases talking to citizens is needless, like a person telling you about a guy who is about to fall right up ahead, on the height you were swinging in before dropping to take the informants word to go back up to the same height to see what you should've seen without the need for a pedestrian to tell you about it. Another thing USM dropped favorably.
    6. You're in a store being shoplifted, you stop all the thugs, and still there is a chase to perform to get the escaping thief(ves). WHY? I knocked them all unconscious.
    7. Press the dodge button to dodge an attack, that is how you charge up your reflexes bar. Why?
    8. Even when you slow time, you still need to press the dodge button to dodge attacks. That doesn't add to the challenge in a good way, it's a chore to perform, time slowing reflexes is almost unnecessary in this case.
    As for Spider-Man 3, most of you know already what I think of it, I probably don't need to repeat myself on how it downgraded certain aspects, but improved others, and how it is an overall good game and lots of fun. The hate the game receives in many regards is unwarranted, I know it's disappointing, certain things are disappointing for a good reason, but the combat should not be one of them, it's the same system as Spider-Man 2, with more variety to regular attacks and web attacks.
    There are plenty of improvements done for this game, one of them is the addition of a New Game+, something I'm not sure why is never mentioned when I see reviews for the game. Another is finally dropping the "You must perform certain number of races/attack certain number of gangs to progress in the story".
    Is it good? Certainly, it's another 7-7.5/10
    I understand a certain amount of disappointment (QTE, can't carry a thug for a stroll around town, lack of street mission variety, swinging from helicopters, normal swing, standard webline length, etc...), but a lot of things are pretty much hyperbole, especially when USM is a very simple game that came between the two, and dropped plenty of big things SM2 introduced, without anyone complaining.

10. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I dropped Spider-Man comics after Amazing 700, and Peter certainly wasn't selfish, childish, or irresponsible in the title then.

I prefer having Peter in his position in a think tank for a big lab with open ended working hours, but after the fall of Horizon Labs and in the duration of Superior Spider-Man I guess the C.E.O. bit makes sense as natural progression for the character, especially since Ock's mind secured jobs for Peter's co-workers, and I'd like to see it stay. Even the everyday man can be rich I guess, and fans shouldn't tie their lives to Spider-Man, or tie the character to their ideal version of what his job should be like, which is how I see people on other sites view him.

11. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

The job isn't the issue though, it's how Peter is acting. Slott has turned him into a man-child...shirking his responsibilities, acting selfish and foolish--the dialogue has been nauseating. Marvel is ignoring the success of RYV and to make things even more stupid, if you haven't already heard, they're bringing back the clone garbage this October.

12. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I should've quoted Tacit's post as well, I just gave my two cents on his question.
    So much for no clones. I don't feel bad I dropped the books.

13. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Very late, but I'm truly hoping that if the films run a good long run with Peter we get to see him in his very last film have a perfect life married to MJ, with his own company and maybe child. Before dying USM comics style at the hands of Goblin and them switching to Miles.

-Keep In Mind They must get through the follwoing arcs before they even think about this(Sinister 6, Goblin, Symbiote and Venom, and make sure they go through all the major villains who haven't been used Mysterio, Shocker, Scorpion, Kraven, Vulture, if possible Spider-Verse as well as well as interacted with most of the MCU. By that time most of us will be dead but I want the future generations of Spidey fans to know the one true Spidey who was Spidey for the longest is Tom Holland. )

14. harryoscop Registered

Uhhh, is anybody else disappointed that the new Ultimate Spidey is based on Stuart Immonen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As opposed to Bagley:
    [​IMG]

15. AvegningSpider Pizza Time

Eh. That's what custom figures are for.

16. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Yeah, just buy a different figure man. :/

17. harryoscop Registered

Problem is, there are no other figures of an Ultimate Spidey custom or otherwise besides a Statue/type thing. I guess I'll have to paint an extra webline in the middle of the mask somehow.. Ugh, I just hope the Back spider & Peter head looks like Bagley's artwork.

Still getting it 'cause i've always wanted an Ultimate Spidey figure.

18. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Wait seriously? USM comics came out in like what 2000? And there's not a single figure beside that one? Wow.

19. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I prefer the Immonen lenses.

20. AnneFan Hathaway #1

Even though the Raimi and Webb franchises were cut short, at least they both have a sense of closure. Maguire reconciles with MJ, rids himself of the symbiote and continues to be NY's hero. Garfield loses his girlfriend, mourns her and gives up crime fighting. Only to return - inspired by her memory. They've been lucky in that regard, but hopefully they can plot out a long lasting arc for Holland. From boy to man.

21. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

Yeah, those two series were sure lucky to have a sense of closure in their last outings before the series was dropped.
    What do you think of TASM2 these days?

22. AnneFan Hathaway #1

I still like it but it's time to move on. The Raimi trilogy is still my number one. I'm really optimistic about Holland.

23. Spider-Aziz I Wanna Be...

I was wondering considering the number of views that changed toward looking at it less favorably with more views, cancellation aside.

24. Airnick RTTS

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's on here!

25. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

RIP to Anton Yelchin. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.