1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Part IV (Spoiler Thread)

Discussion in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' started by DarthSkywalker, Jun 7, 2022.

1. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

2. Marvolo Registered

I admit them leaving the helmet on the kid made me laugh

Astro13Zombie likes this.
  3. Sithborg Gundam Utena

Good episode. During the recap, did anyone hear the weird thing going on with Vader's voice. It sounded like it started with Hayden before becoming Jones. I wonder if that confirms some of the auditory things they are playing around with.

A lot of fun callbacks this episode. Snowspeeders. The yak jedi from Clone Wars. Purge Troopers. Bigger versions of Seventh Sister's droids.

And man, you would think after Cal Kestis wrecked they place, they would get slightly stronger glass for the walkways...

And may Third Sister get killed painfully for messing with Lola.

4. Erik20 Registered

I have to agree, I also didn't really like the episode. It's not bad, but to me it feels as if the show is missing something. Everything seems a bit by the numbers, and the action doesn't look great. I think The Mandalorian is way better than this show, it's not even close.

5. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

...when he did his little hand twirl, pose.

EWAN!

6. Bobber Registered

Honestly, all this just seems like a worse version of Fallen Order.

7. BlackFox Warrior

Certainly one of the best looking and best action sets of the Disney+ SW tv stuff so far, Obi-wan hunting Troopers in the dark and the glow from his sabre just looked stunning, movie quality. And damn do they know how to make Vader somehow even more menacing in the show with the way he is shot and framed, its just a shame we dont get more from him this episode. Also loved them both in the bacta tank at the same time thinking of each other, both racked with anguish, another great looking scene.

Some of the writing though, yeesh, its hard to sit through some of the stuff without cringing at some scenes and dialogue. Even for SW its hard to give some of it a pass, like whats the point of a guard checkpoint if your just going to let people through even if they dont have security clearance and just out rank you, sort of defeats the object of a checkpoint. Minor nitpick perhaps but you left to let a lot slide with this show like last weeks warping Reva ahead of Leia down the tunnel.

There's a lot of cool looking stuff and imagery in this show, but I just wish it was wrapped in something a little better written and engaging overall or with more of the good things, Vader, and less of the bad, Inquisitors etc.

8. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

I don't see why we just don't have a Hayden/Vader show at this point.

9. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

I need to see why Maul is so afraid of Vader. There was originally a episode of I believe Rebels, where Vader would hunt Maul, with the idea people thought he was hunting Obi-Wan. I need it!

10. Another_Fool Registered

The wait for next week's episode is gonna be excruciating because I'm not sure I was satisfied with what I got this week.

100% this.

11. herolee10 No More Miracles

I think we all know where this is leading up to.

Watch Disney+ announce a new Star Wars miniseries for next year that'll reveal the true origins for this character.

[​IMG]

Bim likes this.
  12. Bim Registered

This scene broke my heart a little :(

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  13. Astro13Zombie Registered

I gotta say I liked most of this episode.
    Seeing Obi Wan cutting down storm troopers was fun and I really like the look of Fortress Inquisitorius in and out.
    Reva knowing everything about everything and just too damn smart to fool is pretty annoying.
    Did we really need to see her in two separate situations where someone is trying to trick her and she’s seeing around it? It would be bad enough just having that in a single episode but these situations were about 5 minutes apart.

#88 Astro13Zombie, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  14. Marvolo Registered

I recognized the first jedi as Ahsoka's friend, but are the rest of them nobodies or named characters from other star wars stories?

15. Marvolo Registered

She's one of maybe 10 people in the entire empire that is chosen to be an Inquisitor and hunt Jedi. She was trained in a program overseen by Vader and Imperial Intelligence. Seeing through lies should be the least of her talents.

16. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

Only part I liked about this episode is Vader pulling a Wayne Brady.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Sithborg Gundam Utena

There was some amazing physical acting in that seen. You KNEW Vader was pissed without him saying a word.

18. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

19. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

This shot made me laugh. The stunt coordinator should ask the director why she chose this bad angle. It makes their work look bad. Reva's legs wouldn't read so much if the camera angle wasn't on her side. Maybe from Vader's POV or just a 3/4 side perspective and you wouldn't see how she sits in the harness. Heck you could even have used her cape to hide the legs, maybe it gets stuck in a boot or something.

20. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

I think the last one might be the little boy from RotS. The one to who says, "Master Skywalker".

21. Sithborg Gundam Utena

EDIT: No, I'm misremembering which one was George's son.

22. Marvolo Registered

I wish Obi would have confirmed if they are alive or dead. I assumed dead, but if they are merely trapped and conscious on some level that could lead to a breakout/rescue plotline in a later season or another show. Could be a post-ROTJ mission for Luke or Ahsoka.

23. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

I feel like they are definitely dead. Hence why he called it a tomb.

24. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

the bodies could just be some type of precursor to the cloning they use for snoke. Or medichlorian research. Some type of research they need these bodies for.

25. Marvolo Registered

Supposedly that kid is one of the younglings in the Order 66 scene from Episode 1. I cant check right now, but if true that adds weight to the idea that Reva was one of those younglings.

Hopefully there will be a flashback of the moment she turned.

#100 Marvolo, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022