Part IV (Spoiler Thread)

Good episode. During the recap, did anyone hear the weird thing going on with Vader's voice. It sounded like it started with Hayden before becoming Jones. I wonder if that confirms some of the auditory things they are playing around with.

A lot of fun callbacks this episode. Snowspeeders. The yak jedi from Clone Wars. Purge Troopers. Bigger versions of Seventh Sister's droids.

And man, you would think after Cal Kestis wrecked they place, they would get slightly stronger glass for the walkways...

And may Third Sister get killed painfully for messing with Lola.

This kinda reinforced my fears, we basically had a rehash of the Death Star Rescue from A New Hope with Leia,

I really can't stand the Third Sister, the character is written badly no matter the context. Vader should have snuff her windpipe out right then and their. He's done it countless times without hesitation and yet he prolongs her existence

So is this now the second time Fortress Inquisitor get waterlogged? It happened in Jedi Fallen order and now again

I can't say I'm surprised they used the bafta tank on Obi-Wan, heck Luke used it in Empire Strikes Back.

This was a meh episode...

I have to agree, I also didn't really like the episode. It's not bad, but to me it feels as if the show is missing something. Everything seems a bit by the numbers, and the action doesn't look great. I think The Mandalorian is way better than this show, it's not even close.

...when he did his little hand twirl, pose.

EWAN!

Certainly one of the best looking and best action sets of the Disney+ SW tv stuff so far, Obi-wan hunting Troopers in the dark and the glow from his saber just looked stunning, movie quality. And damn do they know how to make Vader somehow even more menacing in the show with the way he is shot and framed, its just a shame we dont get more from him this episode. Also loved them both in the bacta tank at the same time thinking of each other, both racked with anguish, another great looking scene.

Some of the writing though, yeesh, its hard to sit through some of the stuff without cringing at some scenes and dialogue. Even for SW its hard to give some of it a pass, like whats the point of a guard checkpoint if your just going to let people through even if they dont have security clearance and just out rank you, sort of defeats the object of a checkpoint. Minor nitpick perhaps but you left to let a lot slide with this show like last weeks warping Reva ahead of Leia down the tunnel.

There's a lot of cool looking stuff and imagery in this show, but I just wish it was wrapped in something a little better written and engaging overall or with more of the good things, Vader, and less of the bad, Inquisitors etc.

The wait for next week's episode is gonna be excruciating because I'm not sure I was satisfied with what I got this week.

I need to see why Maul is so afraid of Vader. There was originally a episode of I believe Rebels, where Vader would hunt Maul, with the idea people thought he was hunting Obi-Wan. I need it!

100% this.

I admit them leaving the helmet on the kid made me laugh

I think we all know where this is leading up to.

Watch Disney+ announce a new Star Wars miniseries for next year that'll reveal the true origins for this character.

image.jpg

Reactions: Bim
I gotta say I liked most of this episode.
Seeing Obi Wan cutting down storm troopers was fun and I really like the look of Fortress Inquisitorius in and out.
Reva knowing everything about everything and just too damn smart to fool is pretty annoying.
Did we really need to see her in two separate situations where someone is trying to trick her and she’s seeing around it? It would be bad enough just having that in a single episode but these situations were about 5 minutes apart.

Last edited:
I recognized the first jedi as Ahsoka's friend, but are the rest of them nobodies or named characters from other star wars stories?

I gotta say I liked most of this episode.
Seeing Obi Wan cutting down storm troopers was fun and I really like the look of Fortress Inquisitorius in and out.
Reva knowing everything about everything and just too damn smart to fool is pretty annoying.
Did we really need to see her in two separate situations where someone is trying to trick her and she’s seeing around it? It would be bad enough just having that in a single episode but these situations were about 5 minutes apart.

She's one of maybe 10 people in the entire empire that is chosen to be an Inquisitor and hunt Jedi. She was trained in a program overseen by Vader and Imperial Intelligence. Seeing through lies should be the least of her talents.

Only part I liked about this episode is Vader pulling a Wayne Brady.

721098ec0fab03fa339b35ef407328818dfaf204.gifv

This shot made me laugh. The stunt coordinator should ask the director why she chose this bad angle. It makes their work look bad. Reva's legs wouldn't read so much if the camera angle wasn't on her side. Maybe from Vader's POV or just a 3/4 side perspective and you wouldn't see how she sits in the harness. Heck you could even have used her cape to hide the legs, maybe it gets stuck in a boot or something.

I recognized the first jedi as Ahsoka's friend, but are the rest of them nobodies or named characters from other star wars stories?
I think the last one might be the little boy from RotS. The one to who says, "Master Skywalker".

EDIT: No, I'm misremembering which one was George's son.

I think the last one might be the little boy from RotS. The one to who says, "Master Skywalker".

I wish Obi would have confirmed if they are alive or dead. I assumed dead, but if they are merely trapped and conscious on some level that could lead to a breakout/rescue plotline in a later season or another show. Could be a post-ROTJ mission for Luke or Ahsoka.

I wish Obi would have confirmed if they are alive or dead. I assumed dead, but if they are merely trapped and conscious on some level that could lead to a breakout/rescue plotline in a later season or another show.
I feel like they are definitely dead. Hence why he called it a tomb.

the bodies could just be some type of precursor to the cloning they use for snoke. Or medichlorian research. Some type of research they need these bodies for.

Supposedly that kid is one of the younglings in the Order 66 scene from Episode 1. I cant check right now, but if true that adds weight to the idea that Reva was one of those younglings.

Hopefully there will be a flashback of the moment she turned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"