The Winter Soldier Peggy's status

I don't think she should marry a Howling Commando. They were all goofballs in the film. Maybe she married someone rich, who wouldn't remind her of Captain Rogers.

I keep thinking this thread is about her activities and updates on Facebook. I would've thought her last one would say "Peggy is dead."

From a creative standpoint, if Steve's going to be hooking up with Sharon in the sequel (seems likely), I think it would be better to have Peggy be dead.

Die, peggy, die! :cmad:

Why won't you just die...? :dry:

*Where* does Kevin Feige say Peggy is still alive?
Please quote this. Or Joe Johnston, for that matter.
I'll buy you a cookie if you can produce a quote that backs you up.

They said so at the press junket I went to for the first Captain America movie.

Here's the deal:
JOSS WHEDON is the one who *hinted* she might still be alive, because he told the NYT that he had a scene in the Avengers script that would have featured Steve meeting an old, old Peggy who was still alive, but he scrapped it without shooting it because he realized it didn't work at all.

Again, if you can find *any* evidence that Feige says Peggy Carter is still alive, and will return in CA2, this cookie can be yours....all yours

Whedon hinted that because she was already recognized as alive by the producers.

The novelization of the Avengers movies also mentions that Peggy is alive and living in London, and you can see pictures of movie props of SHIELD records floating around the web that show the same thing.

However, seeing as that's all deleted content, Marvel isn't obligated to act on any of it, and if the Russo brothers want to make Peggy dead, they're allowed.

Not really. If Feige would rather she be alive, she will be alive.

Yeah, and if the directors and the screenwriters offer him a better story about Peggy being dead, he'll change his mind and go with that instead.

Yeah, and if the directors and the screenwriters offer him a better story about Peggy being dead, he'll change his mind and go with that instead.

Yeah, from what I've seen, Feige doesn't seem to be an interventionist. He's pretty good at making sure filmmakers stay fairly canonical to the representations of Marvel iconography, but he doesn't seem to be the type to go around telling directors what to put in their movies.

Feige probably doesn't have an opinion one way or another on Peggy, and will most likely let the Russos make that decision.

Yeah, from what I've seen, Feige doesn't seem to be an interventionist. He's pretty good at making sure filmmakers stay fairly canonical to the representations of Marvel iconography, but he doesn't seem to be the type to go around telling directors what to put in their movies.

Feige probably doesn't have an opinion one way or another on Peggy, and will most likely let the Russos make that decision.

I'd actually slightly disagree with the idea that he's not an interventionist. Feige just has a good sense for spotting what is important stuff for the overall setting, and what stuff can be left up to the individual director. He just seems "uninterventionist" because we usually associate it with executive meddling and terrible work, whereas Feige actually has a good creative head.

I'd like her to be alive. And I want to hear that she's had a long, happy, fulfilling life.

I honestly believe that Steve and Peggy's relationship is one of the most sincerest romances I have seen on screen, so I'd like it if they got to have that dance. I especially like what a poster said earlier about her passing away shortly after they meet.

2pyc313.jpg

2ngdd6s.jpg

Last edited:
Until you guys can provide proof that the new writers are killing Peggy off . . . then she is alive, that simple.

And there you go, her SHIELD file says RETIRED not DECEASED.

PEGGY CARTER IS ALIVE!

Until you guys can provide proof that the new writers are killing Peggy off . . . then she is alive, that simple.

And there you go, her SHIELD file says RETIRED not DECEASED.

PEGGY CARTER IS ALIVE!

Hate to burst your bubble, but you need to read that dossier a little closer. The dossier shows her "current employment" as a "STRATEGIC SCIENTIFIC RESERVE ADVISER." We know that the SSR was the predecessor to SHIELD, and is now defunct. The SSR became SHIELD at least 20 years before IM1 (2008), so this dossier probably dates to the (fictional) 1980s, or earlier.

The dossier is most likely a prop from CATFA, and somebody has just pasted a couple of SHIELD labels on top of it. Is this something from the Avengers blu-ray extras, I'm assuming....? Yeah, I wouldn't read too much canon into it. Plus, they've got the numbers all wrong --- they list her home as Winchester, UK (apparently the same house she lived in at/since birth), and yet her telephone number is a Manchester area code.

Again: I'm sure Marvel will leave the final word on Peggy's status up to the writers/directors of CATWS.

By her DOB and when this movie probably takes place, she'll be pushing about 94 which means she could very well be alive.

By her DOB and when this movie probably takes place, she'll be pushing about 94 which means she could very well be alive.

Sure, she could.
But again, depends on whether or not the Russos want to add a scene with Steve meeting a shriveled old crone. Sure, some folks might consider it touching and heartwarming on some level; me, I'll be over here with the group of folks who find it incredibly awkward and borderline creepy. Not a big fan of a Harold and Maude romance here.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you need to read that dossier a little closer. The dossier shows her "current employment" as a "STRATEGIC SCIENTIFIC RESERVE ADVISER." We know that the SSR was the predecessor to SHIELD, and is now defunct. The SSR became SHIELD at least 20 years before IM1 (2008), so this dossier probably dates to the (fictional) 1980s, or earlier.

The dossier is most likely a prop from CATFA, and somebody has just pasted a couple of SHIELD labels on top of it. Is this something from the Avengers blu-ray extras, I'm assuming....? Yeah, I wouldn't read too much canon into it. Plus, they've got the numbers all wrong --- they list her home as Winchester, UK (apparently the same house she lived in at/since birth), and yet her telephone number is a Manchester area code.

Again: I'm sure Marvel will leave the final word on Peggy's status up to the writers/directors of CATWS.
The stickers and labels are SHIELD labels on there and they are clearly new. SHIELD updated her old file to say RETIRED.

So you concede that the new writers could kill Peggy off?

That's all I want.

Steve talking to his 90+ year-old girlfriend is weird. I hope they kill her off.

So you concede that the new writers could kill Peggy off?

That's all I want.
I have no idea. All I know is that Peggy is alive. Maybe we see old Peggy die in the movie.

Keep in mind she JUST died in the comics.

It's not necessarily romance but perhaps emotional closure for BOTH of them and so Steve can move on with his life and Peggy knows that Steve is alive and OK and he will move on.

LOL, Snuff, I don't disagree with most of your points however just dial it down a little. I think we can disagree but it doesn't make cherokeesam a terrible person.

Don't take it too personally. I think people are just being too quick to write off Peggy even though all the pre-established information is that Peggy is old but alive.

I think saving that for Cap 2 is fine because I'm sure the audience wants some emotional closure to that relationship as well.

She should be alive and old, just imagine a meeting like the one in The Ultimates but without Bucky.

And let me guess, you're on of those people who want him to start ****ing Sharon Carter right off the bat? Because thats not incredibly awkward and borderline creepy, but a dance with an old woman he promised a dance to 80 years ago is?

Why don't you just come out and say it, you despise old people and wish they were all dead. **** you. Your parents clearly did a crap job teaching you to respect your elders if they're all just "shriveled old crones" to you.

You're a terrible human being and I feel bad for anyone who has ever even crossed your path. I really hope you feel the same way about yourself that I do. I look forward to when you're old, bitter and lonely. Have a nice day.

Thats out of the question, obviously, because that would mean Peggy would be old and Cherokeesam hates old people. Who cares how much sense a scene like that would make, Cherokeesam thinks its less creepy if Peggy just died so Steve could start banging her niece. I clearly trust his judgement and the average moviegoer will too.

Taking this pretty personal, are you....? :dry:
You're fishing for a nice long ban....good luck with that.

But since you're fishing, I might as well take the bait. No, I don't hate old people at all. Probably because I *am* one. But if you think that general audiences --- especially kids and young folks in those general audiences who, by and large, DO hate old people (don't tell me they don't, because I'm on the receiving end of that on a daily basis) --- are going to be comfortable watching a 20something Hollywood hunk-du-jour smooch with a 90-year old actress who graduated high school before WWII started, you're smoking crack.

And thanks for dredging up that old dead horse about it being "creepy" for Steve to "bang Peggy's niece." (Even though in 2012, Sharon would clearly have to be her grand-niece, or even great-grandniece by now.) Because what this subforum needs now is to rehash that same old epic flamewar we've been through for the past year arguing about that same thing.

Do I prefer Steve to hook up with Sharon? Of course. Do I think that the VAST majority of fanboys will do the same? Of course. Do I think that the VAST majority of the general audience will do the same? Of course?

Why? Because that's the way it is in the goddamn comic book, Einstein.
Always has been. Maybe you should read a few issues, you might learn something. (I *love* how revisionists like you want to change the whole story to YOUR liking, yet you jump all over traditionalists like me who are simply expecting to see something that reasonably resembles the source material, like *we're* the ones who are trying to **** up the story.)

So yeah, you think it's "creepy" that Steve bangs the distant relative of a woman he once promised a dance to, seventy years ago. A woman he never had sex with at all, seventy years ago. A woman he shared a brief kiss with once, seventy years ago. Okay. And you *don't* think it's creepy that a 20something could bang a 90something. Okay. And you *don't* think it's creepy that the original Silver Age Cap was banging both of them, Peggy *and* her niece, back in the 1960-1970s comic book. Okay.

LOL, SMH, kids these days. Good luck with that, sir; that's all I can say for you. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"