Comics Peter Parker: What should be his employment/work status?

Geko said:
In the interest of a regular supporting cast, I don't like Peter teaching high school. While there are lots of opportunities for drama and stories involving the kids, they are his students and not his peers. You can have other teachers, but most of his time would be spent with the kids.
If he must teach I'd rather it be at the University. More teachers/professors and older students, who could be closer to being peers/friends with Peter.

That said, I'm with the majority. I want him back at the Bugle. JJJ, Robbie, beyond that, you'd probably have to introduce more characters, but... It's a classic Spidey setting, the work enviornment is more social Peter needs a job where he can set his own hours.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and MJ manage an apartment building.
now thats interesting

Afraid I'm with the majority in this one as well; Peter as a free-lance photographer keeps him grounded with enough struggle that you can feel bad if say he got under-paid for a photo, but there'd still be room for a good moment of JJJ having to eat whatever words he had about Spider-man/paying Peter for a good job. Though, personally I would like to see Peter go further into becoming a scientist, though I'm not too sure exactly what specific field. I just miss him inventing ways to improve himself as Spider-man, and the trial and error of experimentation. I recently read ASM 297, and it spent quite a bit of time with Spidey talking about his improvements to his black-cloth costume, the webbing, the belt, etc. I'm partial to Peter the inventor.

Nah i'm tired of freelance boy. Keep him a teacher and build up the school he works in.

I think peter needs to get more whats for dinner me time and not ..."AM I GOD" thoughts. Hell get him away from stark. Stark just makes him too advanced. Actually what may be the biggest problem is that he lives in new york. New york is full of all these heroes in walking distance(which is a problem in itself since everyones in new york).

yes sinc most of the original marvel bullpen lived in and were familiar with nyc thats were they based most of ther characters it wasn't till the 80's-90's when they put them in la and elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"