Phoenix Fire Bird

Storm22 said:
Hopefully that was just for the press screenings though and since this is a movie "for the fans" we'll get to see the Phoenix effect in all it's glory May 26th.
*crosses fingers*

Aiden said:
The films budget excluding marketing was definitely 150.
Oh i didn't know that. Still expensive though and more than X2's budget Plus they're doing a lot of pratical effects.

The Original Bamfer said:
Come to think of it - watch that clip again. DOD was right about her eyes, they do go black but there is a fire in them. Also there is a noticable change in the color in her face - it tints a dark red, moreso than a black.

I love you.

I wanna scream... PHOENIX
Oooh...and that yellow tint is hurting my eyes...

Retroman said:
*crosses fingers*

Oh i didn't know that. Still expensive though and more than X2's budget Plus they're doing a lot of pratical effects.
Yeah. It said in a magazine today that the films budget was £82 million which equivilates to 150 USD

Cyan said:
Can they be that late in putting special effetcs like that? I mean, we're a fews weeks from the world release and can they still be woring it somehow?
Ice Age: The Meltdown 30 days before release was yet in work, but animations are too different to make a comparison.

There's more fishy things out there than I could imagine if that's so...

It depends on the movie but yes, post-production work, especially on FX can still be in progress right up to deadline for making prints and distribution (possibly why sometimes variations of films have been shown according to locale, as happened with the FF: they may just run out of time). It's also not unheard of for actors to be recalled for last minute work like re-recording dialogue over what's already been shot and so on.

jimjam-06 said:
Yeah I realise about the effects, just wanted to put it in there... But about the poster, I dunno, that seems odd to me, why make up the light for a poster? To lead us on? :confused: That's the question I'm putting to you

Well why not? They're leading us on by puting Cyclops in his suit even though he dies without even puting it on in the film

I don't know if any of you have read any of the books but the kids, junior and adult all feature the Phoenix effect as we know it. They describe the fire bird and everything...granted all three have some slight variations in their endings and oddly enough the different reviewers who claim to have seen the film have all identified some of those....but just to note it does appear in all THREE books.

Why am I so excited...gah. The TENSION is burning me!!!! Firebird or not, Im still gonna be excited for X3.

I'm sure there will be some sort of fire around her some point in the movie. If not, well, it's like Wolverine not having claws in the films. It's part of the character. The actual "Phoenix Aura", we've already seen folks. Maybe not the way you like it, but we do have one. But I'd say we DO have a fairly good chance of seeing the bird in action.

If the movie is changed little from the press-screening . . . meaning no Phoenix effects (or any of the other things mentioned in the list of questionable items supposedly confirmed), then I will feel like a complete moron for having any kind of false hope or optimism.

Too be honest, I am still 50/50 we won't see it or we will. I dunno. I honestly don't know. We'll have to wait on may 26th.

We only need to see that bird when she's going totally psycho - like in her destructiveness at the end, or maybe when she battles Xavier... we only need it then.. When she rises, the early script said she was like a 'living star' so presumably there will be an energy aura, though not the firebird (which is fine)...

Magic Aeons said:
I donT care for that flame effect.

I find that black-eyes-effect with the NEW Jean Grey MUCH much better. It is really creepy and cool. Badass!!!!
Thats dumb, sorry.

She's supposed to be Phoenix, not a Zombie. If thats the final effect its going to be terrible.

X-Maniac said:
We only need to see that bird when she's going totally psycho - like in her destructiveness at the end, or maybe when she battles Xavier... we only need it then.. When she rises, the early script said she was like a 'living star' so presumably there will be an energy aura, though not the firebird (which is fine)...

I am so hyped.

DarknessOfDeath said:
Me too and I keep listening to the same Lacuna song for the last...two and a half hours... :o

I love that song. I might use it in my movie.

FieryBalrog said:
Thats dumb, sorry.

She's supposed to be Phoenix, not a Zombie. If thats the final effect its going to be terrible.

That 'mean Jean' dark-eyes look is fine for the general stuff like dismantling that cure gun; we need a firebird only for the massive destructive stuff...

X-Maniac said:
That 'mean Jean' dark-eyes look is fine for the general stuff like dismantling that cure gun; we need a firebird only for the massive destructive stuff...

Agreed, even if we only see it once, at the end in Alcatraz I'd be satisfied!

Storm22 said:
Agreed, even if we only see it once, at the end in Alcatraz I'd be satisfied!

Yes... maybe for the Xavier psi-battle if it didn't ruin having it at the end...

They MUST be saving this for the general release, they MUST...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"