Phoenix Fire Bird

Ok so assuming that there is no Phoenix fire what exactly is the "special" efefct that Kinberg kept raving about?

Well i think the problem with Jean's fire, besides fx costs, is that her clothes would burn off her body and she'd be fully naked whenever she's engulfed in the phoenix flames. That's my view of it. Not saying, I wouldn't love to see famke naked, but the reality may be that people would question how her clothes remain unharmed when she does her torche thing. heh

No, her clothes did not burn off her in X2. Plus I'm thinking she manifested her X3 clothes, it's not like she went shopping.

Wesyeed said:
Well i think the problem with Jean's fire, besides fx costs, is that her clothes would burn off her body and she'd be fully naked whenever she's engulfed in the phoenix flames. That's my view of it. Not saying, I wouldn't love to see famke naked, but the reality may be that people would question how her clothes remain unharmed when she does her torche thing. heh

... thanks a lot for the image... -walks around the forum, thinking of happy thoughts-

bet u had fun typing your thoughts out eh?

phoenix_force said:
Plus what exactly are these pink flames around her?their colour is very different from the fires all around in the background..
X300_090.jpg

That's just backlighting that's filtering through her hair.

Also, Btw, Phoenix fire isn't actual fire...it's an effect...a physical manifestation of her powers.

Yeah I figured it's not REAL fire, its like crazy mental powers.

power rangers and the live action sailor moon uses fire effects in their TV series...i don't see how it would be difficult to use it in this movie, so i'm not sure why they don't make use it of the fire special effects.

DarknessOfDeath said:
... thanks a lot for the image... -walks around the forum, thinking of happy thoughts-

bet u had fun typing your thoughts out eh?

:D maybe.

Really? You just dashed all my dreams Storm..... :p

Come on you guys! Phoenix and NO fire? They're keeping it secret.

Does Phoenix scream count as an effect?

I love it... Its so beautiful. :O:ghost::o

Im in love

Wesyeed said:

Then make it a halo of light. Whatever. And I seriously doubt that people would be discombobulated because her clothes didn't burn off. We had the effect in X2, no clothes were burned. Besides, most mainstream audiences really dont care about these minor things.

Not fire, but an outline, like at the end of X2.

Are you sure? I did not see anything. Maybe it is just the coloring of Scott's beam showing throughout the water as it is blown back or something.....

I doubt we'll see much of it, but it would be wrongnot to include it at all.

I think we'll see it when she really unleashes her powers. Maybe in the scenes at her house and again at Alcatraz. I hope. Simon did say that they were working on the effects down to the wire... Maybe they weren;t done in time for press screenings... Or they are just not revealing all the goodies just yet.

Psionic Force said:
Are you sure? I did not see anything. Maybe it is just the coloring of Scott's beam showing throughout the water as it is blown back or something.....
It's there. It looks like a faint golden "V" shape in the exploding geyser. If I could figure out how to take pictures on YouTube I'd post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"