The Avengers Planet Hulk in Phase 3?

People are taking the news too literally. Phase 3/A3 is not going to revolve around the Hulk.

There is no way this is happening. It's too out there and too much of the "John Carter" vibe. Plus, Hulk and his Warbound VS the heroes in Avengers 3 would give the audience no one to root for and side with. It worked nicely in print but is a bad idea for film, period.

Expect Ultron in Avengers 3 and this rumor to be a mocked memory down the line for us all.

How is this too out there? Feige has said himself he can see PH and WWH being adapted and they wanted to take advantage of the Hulk's popularity after The Avengers. I'm surprised at how many people are somehow shocked and perturbed by this.

And as a main focus of the film you'd be right, it wouldn't give the audience anyone to root for. But as just an element of the film that ends in the Hulk rejoining the Avengers and helping them take down the real enemy? It works perfectly.

I posted this in another thread... I'm just going to throw it in here as well:

I don't believe this guy.

In 2009, I worked for Marvel in the Editorial department in New York City.

Yes, some people from the Film Studio come into the office... But it's mostly to meet important editors (like Wacker, Brevoort, Rosemann, or Axel at the time), glad-hand, take a tour or pick up research. I met Justin Theroux and Scarlett Johansson during the time leading up to Iron Man 2. However, there are very little if any production materials for the films in those offices. That's just a fact.

So knowing that... I find it very hard to believe that this cat found a detailed outline of Avengers 2, Incredible Hulk 2 and Avengers 3... Like he's claiming to know what act of the films certain things happen... This is the COMIC BOOK production office... Not the film studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. This is highly suspect. The New York Office has a Legal, Marketing, Editorial, Publishing, Merchandise and Sales department... All solely related to the COMICS, not the FILMS.

There are some moquettes and movie theater standees and things like that around the office, but at the time I worked there, these were only of films ALREADY released (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and not of films in production.

PLUS, when you sign to work for Marvel, you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And they were very good with security in the building. (NOTE: When I worked there it was located in the old office on 5th Avenue). But I'd imagine the security is the same. This guy, couldn't just walk in and snoop around. You need to be buzzed in, get a guest pass and you have a chaperone with you when you tour the office. If there is something they don't want you to see (ie. their plans for Phase 2 &3) you are not going to see it.

If he said that he knew what was happening in the comics 6-7-8 months from now... I'd believe him. That **** is pinned up all over the walls... But MOVIE news? At the Marvel Offices in New York City.... No. Just not true.

-R

Did he ever claim his source was actally anything he saw on walls or whatever? I think he was just outside marvel studios as a fitting backdrop.

People are taking the news too literally. Phase 3/A3 is not going to revolve around the Hulk.

His Avengers 3 theories seem like a bit of a stretch but it seems believable that if they were ever wanting to do another hulk stand alone this would be the direction to go in.

How is this too out there? Feige has said himself he can see PH and WWH being adapted and they wanted to take advantage of the Hulk's popularity after The Avengers. I'm surprised at how many people are somehow shocked and perturbed by this.

And as a main focus of the film you'd be right, it wouldn't give the audience anyone to root for. But as just an element of the film that ends in the Hulk rejoining the Avengers and helping them take down the real enemy? It works perfectly.

Agreed. I can see it happening.

This is the first thing that came to my mind...

tumblr_mbaik3il4p1qf9mevo1_500.gif

Did he ever claim his source was actally anything he saw on walls or whatever? I think he was just outside marvel studios as a fitting backdrop.

He said that his search led him to the Marvel offices in New York. My point is just that there is NOTHING about film production in those offices. The people in there, unless you are Axel or Quesada know very little if anything about the film side of things...

-R

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21/planet-hulk-movie-kevin-feige/

Feige addresses new Hulk movie, Planet Hulk, and World War Hulk last September.

Latino Review trolled all of you.
Yeah, but it wasn't like he confirmed. "Yes yes, those are good stories."

He said that his search led him to the Marvel offices in New York. My point is just that there is NOTHING about film production in those offices. The people in there, unless you are Axel or Quesada know very little if anything about the film side of things...

-R
El Mayimbe probably knows that. He was joking around/rubbing salt in Marvel's wounds by filming the big scoop video in front of their building.

Last edited:
Soooo, according to el mayimbe, Iron Man gets sent into space at the end of Iron Man 3, only to turn up at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy. He got that "scoop" about Iron Man going into space from the image of a toy featuring Deep Space armor. And Hulk also gets shot into space at the end of TA2, only to turn up again in TA3. Hulk gets exiled by the Illuminati, of which Iron Man is a member. Which means that Marvel will jettison two of the most popular characters from its $1.5 billion blockbuster into space willy-nilly.

O-kay.

I was all for the Iron Man in Space scoop because I had speculated about it before LR posted its scoop based on events in IM #55, the first appearance of Thanos & Drax and the toy armor. With this latest rumor I'm beginning to think that LR's space scoops are full of ****. Doing it once would be fresh and exciting. Do it twice in a row and it becomes annoyingly stale. It's hard to buy Marvel being repetitive like that.

When Hulk returns to earth he will yell out HULK DID NOT CAUSE THIS, BUT HULK WILL END IT.

:)

Latino Review is the National Enquirer and SUN of Movie sites.

They need a picture of BatBoy on their site.

I love the Planet Hulk story line, but I think it is too early to be introducing this story into their connected movie universe. Hulk (unlike Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy) is more of a earth bound hero (like Spiderman), and while their may be adventures that take him outside the earth I think it is important to establish him more as a hero of earth before launching him into space. So, I say yes please to the Planet Hulk story line, but hoping it will be after they have developed more with him on Earth. I also agree that it would work better if a Villian is responsible for him being sent to another planet. Perhaps if the Avengers are all battling Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 3 (not 2 as I think it would be too early) he could teleport Hulk to the battle world, and leave the Hulk stranded. Then perhaps he comes to blame the Avengers for not coming to get him and feels like they didn't search for him (even if they did it's about perception) which could lead to an eventual World War Hulk movie. But agree with some people that have said he really should remain the hero at least for a while longer. Also, keep in mind Marvel's plans are not to stop these movies with your simple stereotypical trilogys. They see their shared universe as being similar to James Bond in that it will just keep going. So, with that said they shouldn't rush into using this story in their MCU as they have more then 3 stories in which to introduce it. They should wait until the time feels right instead of trying to shoehorn it in there just because it's a popular story. If anything that could backfire badly if the stories do not feel like a natural progression.

Well that is how I see it anyways.

Surfer

Yeah, but it wasn't like he confirmed. "Yes yes, those are good stories."

El Mayimbe probably knows that. He was joking around/rubbing salt in Marvel's wounds by filming the big scoop video in front of their building.
Latino Review didn't exactly confirm anything. All this is just rumors and hearsay at this point according to his "source."

Here's why I believe this rumor to be some major BS:

1. Mark Ruffalo- He sold the character in a big way, not to mention that he was the number one choice for Bruce by Joss Whedon. A hulk movie is nothing without a good Banner, and this would be two straight films with no Banner whatsoever.

2. Cost- It would also be 2 straight movies of almost all CGI. The only human characters would be in Planet Hulk for all of 5 minutes, and then would be getting their asses kicked throughout WWH. The costs were prohibitive enough on Avengers, I could only imagine what it would be to have Hulk on screen non-stop. And being a solo flick, it probably won't make Avengers money to recoup those costs.

3.Variety- One of Marvel and Feige's big things has been the variety of their films keeping things fresh. But with Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor:TDW both set to explore other worlds, where would be the variety in sending Hulk to another planet to pull a John Carter? Guardians have that territory pretty in hand, and it seems like the films would end up pretty visually similar.

4. Latino Review- First Stark getting sent to space, now Hulk. Seems like they're not even trying with these rumors anymore. They got scooped on Phase 2 after saying Black Panther would be the next Marvel film, so now they all pissy.

Maybe it is right, but at least that's why I hope these rumors to be wrong...

I acutally thought the Iron Man in space post credit scene to introduce the the Guaridians was kinda cool or use it to intro who is going to be "StarLord" .. While I think Planet Hulk is something id love to see on film it doesnt seem to make much sense that in Avengers 1 Wheldon made it such a big plot device to have Hulk be able to control his powers and finally become a hero in the public eye to only take that away and make him back to being a menace again..I would really love to see a Hulk solo film in next couple years I think its crazy all theses rumors of Phase III films are coming up when we havent even see a Phase II film yet lol

I'm more interested in seeing the Illuminati on film than I am seeing WWH.

We're talking Tony Stark, Black Panter, Namor, Black Bolt and Dr. Strang...

Pym could replace Reed Richards and the Leader of the Alpha Flight Team (Vindicator?) could fill void of the X-men provided FOX doesn't own them as well.

Here's why I believe this rumor to be some major BS:

1. Mark Ruffalo- He sold the character in a big way, not to mention that he was the number one choice for Bruce by Joss Whedon. A hulk movie is nothing without a good Banner, and this would be two straight films with no Banner whatsoever.
Oh please. Too much Banner is one of the reasons the previous two Hulk movies failed. A Hulk movie with 70% Hulk, 30% Banner is just right.

2. Cost- It would also be 2 straight movies of almost all CGI. The only human characters would be in Planet Hulk for all of 5 minutes, and then would be getting their asses kicked throughout WWH. The costs were prohibitive enough on Avengers, I could only imagine what it would be to have Hulk on screen non-stop. And being a solo flick, it probably won't make Avengers money to recoup those costs.
180-200 is enough to cover the budget. If they can do GotG they can do a PH movie.

3.Variety- One of Marvel and Feige's big things has been the variety of their films keeping things fresh. But with Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor:TDW both set to explore other worlds, where would be the variety in sending Hulk to another planet to pull a John Carter? Guardians have that territory pretty in hand, and it seems like the films would end up pretty visually similar.
Yes, they want variety but they also talked about expanding the universe. We know an Inhumans film is also in the works. Marvel Studios feels there is a lot of potential the cosmic side of things obviously, and sending Hulk to a different planet is a good set up for him to shine in his own film.

4. Latino Review- First Stark getting sent to space, now Hulk. Seems like they're not even trying with these rumors anymore. They got scooped on Phase 2 after saying Black Panther would be the next Marvel film, so now they all pissy.
Okay...then they came right back and broke the Guardians and Thanos news. For everything you can say against LR there are more examples of them being right than wrong. And we haven't just been hearing about Stark going to space from LR, we've been hearing that from multiple venues and the fact IM is on the Guardians team in the new comic and is in space in his own comic right now just adds credence to that. Not to mention we know about the Deep Space Armor in the film. So it's just silly for you to bring up Iron Man in space as an argument for why LR is stretching.

I'm more interested in seeing the Illuminati on film than I am seeing WWH.

We're talking Tony Stark, Black Panter, Namor, Black Bolt and Dr. Strang...

Pym could replace Reed Richards and the Leader of the Alpha Flight Team (Vindicator?) could fill void of the X-men provided FOX doesn't own them as well.
The Illuminati wold be the world security council.

he didn't say that at all.

He was asked if the hulk can hold a movie. He said he certainly believes he can, but wont be attempted until after avengers 2. He then goes on to simply say, Planet Hulk is a cool story, as is World War Hulk.

however, I can see a planet hulk story being involved in a much bigger plot. Maybe Ultron shows up, manipulates a lot of stuff, and somehow gets the world to turn on hulk, which results in him being exiled. ultron takes over the world. Thor returns to earth, as does hulk, and the all stop ultron.

planet hulk can work. thats all good. But working planet hulk AND WWH into a bigger threat? I just don't think they can incorperate thr wwh side of it, when there is a bigger threat going on.

even with this working, I am still taking it with a grain of salt

I just can't buy into this. I only vaguely knew of Latino Review before this, but I'd never heard of El Malyimbe before the 'teasing'. From his behaviour with the teasing of the scoop, his coming to the SHH to pimp his e-mail list etc and doge questions and his recent activity on Twitter, I just can't help but think this guy is just trolling to feed his ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"