The Avengers Planet Hulk in Phase 3?

There's a lot that I want to see happen in Avengers, before World War Hulk. Planet Hulk would be awesome though.

by posting this obvious BS as their big scoop. This hogwash doesn't make sense. Not from a business standpoint, nor from an authors standpoint.
I kind of agree, but we'll see how it pans out.

We should probably keep in mind that this one poster is not the whole site. Though saying that, I can't deny that his antics will have had a negative effect on their reputation as well. They do endorse what the guys says.

Oh please. Too much Banner is one of the reasons the previous two Hulk movies failed. A Hulk movie with 70% Hulk, 30% Banner is just right.

I'm not saying overwhelming the film in banner, but there's gotta be a likeable human side to the character, and PH and WWH would have little to no Banner, not even 30%

180-200 is enough to cover the budget. If they can do GotG they can do a PH movie.

Yes, but this is also why GotG is still such a huge gamble on Marvel's part. Spending 200 million on an untested, little known property like that is really ballsy, and Space saga's don't always kill it at the box office. so why risk not only a new property, but also one of your biggest characters, on movies that might not make back the money you spent?

Yes, they want variety but they also talked about expanding the universe. We know an Inhumans film is also in the works. Marvel Studios feels there is a lot of potential the cosmic side of things obviously, and sending Hulk to a different planet is a good set up for him to shine in his own film.

Inhumans is pure speculation at this point, and really the only indications we've seen seem to indicate that Guardians won out the "weird team in space" film slot. They want to "expand their universe", yes, but that doesn't mean just sending each Avenger to a different planet. It would feel redundant. Agree or not, but that's how a lot of people would feel going into the film

Okay...then they came right back and broke the Guardians and Thanos news. For everything you can say against LR there are more examples of them being right than wrong. And we haven't just been hearing about Stark going to space from LR, we've been hearing that from multiple venues and the fact IM is on the Guardians team in the new comic and is in space in his own comic right now just adds credence to that. Not to mention we know about the Deep Space Armor in the film. So it's just silly for you to bring up Iron Man in space as an argument for why LR is stretching.

Even a stopped clock gets it right twice a day. Anybody could look at that Iron Man toy and guess as much. And I can yell out "Black Panther! "Doctor Strange!" "Squirrel Girl!" "Guardians of the Galaxy!" and get one right occasionally, too... I called the next Cap being about Winter Soldier halfway through the first movie, does that make me a scooper?

I personally can't see anything with Planet Hulk storyline Happening with what story they have now.
I mean, Hulk hasn't really done anything to be shipped into Space. Beside Tony LOVES Hulk and Banner too much.lol

Didn't Feige also say that while the possibility of a Planet Hulk/WWH would be nice, it would be too continuity heavy to do right now? I think it was something along those lines.

Didn't Feige also say that while the possibility of a Planet Hulk/WWH would be nice, it would be too continuity heavy to do right now? I think it was something along those lines.
No, he just said there are pitfalls when it comes to continuity in general and it happens every couple years in comics, not that PH/WWH would be too continuity heavy. The context in which he was speaking is sort of vague, but I'm assuming he was referring to the statement he made before about them being able to do pretty much any storyline in the MCU as it continues to grow and become as big as the comic universe.

Honestly, why is Latino Review given such credence? I ask this as an honest question: what is their *real* track record? How many scoops did they actually make, versus erroneous predictions, versus "scoops" that were either so obvious or so vague as to be meaningless?

I think its very early that we got this kind of information but if its true, I really want to see Hulk to headline his own movie.

They were the ones who broke the news that Thanos would be in The Avengers.

They were also the first to break the news that Guardians of the Galaxy was gonna be Marvel's mystery movie in 2014.

A few of their IM3 scoops from the last year or two that we can soon use to gauge their validity:

-Ten Rings would make a big comeback
-[blackout]Extremis[/blackout]
-[blackout]IM3 armour is really the Mark XLVII (47) - with the others being an army of unmanned robot suits.[/blackout]
-Stan Lee's cameo as [blackout]a beauty pageant judge[/blackout]

Last edited:
No, he just said there are pitfalls when it comes to continuity in general and it happens every couple years in comics, not that PH/WWH would be too continuity heavy. The context in which he was speaking is sort of vague, but I'm assuming he was referring to the statement he made before about them being able to do pretty much any storyline in the MCU as it continues to grow and become as big as the comic universe.

all he said was the planet hulk and wwh were cool stories. he ever said anything about them being adapted into the MCU. He simply said they were cool stories. that's it.

Honestly, why is Latino Review given such credence? I ask this as an honest question: what is their *real* track record? How many scoops did they actually make, versus erroneous predictions, versus "scoops" that were either so obvious or so vague as to be meaningless?

relatively good, but elmayimbe, not so much. He probably just found drafts

They were also the first to break the news that Guardians of the Galaxy was gonna be Marvel's mystery movie in 2014.

A few of their IM3 scoops from the last year or two that we can soon use to gauge their validity:

-Ten Rings would make a big comeback
-[blackout]Extremis[/blackout]
-[blackout]IM3 armour is really the Mark XLVII (47) - with the others being an army of unmanned robot suits.[/blackout]
-Stan Lee's cameo as [blackout]a beauty pageant judge[/blackout]

Yeah, but elbayimbe's track record isn't good. Well, everything he's posted has been news that's already confirmed. He lists his sources in the articles. As for him making bold predictions as this, announcing plans and such, he's only done it twice. He was wrong about one of them.

Yeah, but elbayimbe's track record isn't good. Well, everything he's posted has been news that's already confirmed. He lists his sources in the articles. As for him making bold predictions as this, announcing plans and such, he's only done it twice. He was wrong about one of them.
It's true that most of Latino Review's actual big scoops that I'm familiar with came from Da7e and not elmayimbe.

Please, dear God, No. A Planet Hulk movie would be fine but there are so many Avengers villains deserving of movie treatment. World War Hulk was mediocre at best and definitely not deserving of adaptation before many, many classic Avenger's stories.

There is no way this is happening. It's too out there and too much of the "John Carter" vibe. Plus, Hulk and his Warbound VS the heroes in Avengers 3 would give the audience no one to root for and side with. It worked nicely in print but is a bad idea for film, period.

Exactly. I can't believe all the people who honestly believe Planet Hulk/World War Hulk are good ideas for live action films.:whatever:

AICN said this was all bunk.

So umm . . . torches and pitchforks?

I'm not saying overwhelming the film in banner, but there's gotta be a likeable human side to the character, and PH and WWH would have little to no Banner, not even 30%
How about making the Hulk likable instead of a raging mute with zero personality like in all the adaptations of him so far?

Of course all Hulk adaptations will be mostly about Banner with very little Hulk...and the "Hulk" that is there isn't really the Hulk...just some green monster with no personality. Zero Hulk movies so far and that's not likely to change because the actor you hire for Banner has to be the "star" of the movie. :whatever:

hulk had personality in tih and the avengers

I think if Planet Hulk does get the greenlight, there will be major changes (it's an adaptation after all) to the details of the plot, but the narrative can be the same. I can see Bruce being present in 'PH', but the thing is this: It's a retelling of John Carter and there's a certain stigma in that. Why? It's Disney and they would revisiting some familiar territory. The upside is that it's Marvel and you're dealing with Ruffalo's Hulk, in whom many people love.

Also, the expenses will be huge unless they strip it down a notch.

hulk had personality in tih and the avengers
I think that was a mirage. It only seemed that way because of the interesting personalities around him at all times. Take them away and you've got the same mute lifeless non-character who the audience will yawn at.

I will admit Whedon created the best Hulk so far, but this insistence on making him a mute continues to hamstring any chance of him being a real character. He'll just be like King Kong...a title character who will need other characters to carry the movie while he makes appearances to provide "beats". Unfortunately for the Hulk, that means Banner....and Banner can't carry a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"