Plastic Man: The Movie

"Iron Man"

Sidekick
Reaction score
Can it still be done? (They would have to do a major script rewrite since the Wachowski script has been on the Internet being read by millions of fans for quite some time) I must say though, it is a supreme script! If I don't get my Space Ghost movie made, I will certainly consider Plastic Man. Problem with doing Plastic Man as a feature film is that people think he is too similar to Mr. Fantastic, but who cares ya know?

There's no way I'm playing Plastic Man, of course.

Plasticman would be awsome to see on the big screen, no need to worry though, give it about 5 years and no one will remeber F4 it is so bad.
Wachowski borthers would be do a brilliant job.

Plastic Man isn't that similar to Mr. Fantastic. Mr. Fantastic can only stretch his body. Plastic Man can do anything (and he's red instead of blue :D ).

I think a Plastic Man action\comedy could be pretty interesting. I haven't read the Wachowski brothers script, but if it's as good as you say then WB or New Line shuld get on it right away.

I dont think many people are that familiar with him though I dont think it would be great.

Ever since I saw Jim Carrey in The Mask, I thought they should have made Plastic Man with him.
It's a no-brainer.

Jim Carey would be great Ralph Dibny, Plastic Man isn't like Mr. Fantastic. Plastic Man is all campy and jokey, Mr. Fantastic is serious..

1) Ralph Dibny is Elongated Man. Ell O'Brian is Plastic Man.

2) Bruce Campbell is the only Plastic Man:

Plastic_ManX.jpg

campbell-bruce-photo-bruce-campbell-6204336.jpg

1) Ralph Dibny is Elongated Man. Ell O'Brian is Plastic Man.

I know he is. I am saying the Carey would be great as Dibny. Plastic Man and Elongated Man are like completely Different! 'Longated can only stretch with Gingold and is more of a detective and not that much comedy.. Plastic Man is all comedy and can stretch and change shape at will.

I know he is. I am saying the Carey would be great as Dibny. Plastic Man and Elongated Man are like completely Different! 'Longated can only stretch with Gingold and is more of a detective and not that much comedy.. Plastic Man is all comedy and can stretch and change shape at will.

You say that Plastic Man is all comedy and that Jim Carey, a comedian, would be better off playing a more serious character like Raph Dibny? Are you even serious?

i think with the right story, actors, writers/director it could be a good film. Then its all about marketing and promoting the film to get the general non comic viewers to see it. Sure plasticman and mr fantastic share certain simularities but both marvel and dc have a few other strechy guys too. so it could all work if played right.

Speaking of Plas...

Does anybody have any info on these pics? Or maybe you have better pics like these?

The first one came from a Wizard mag, The other two I found online. I think they are from the old Pasticman cartoon. I've read that the cartoon had an actor, As Plas, Interoduce each show.

I've looked all over the web and can't find anything more about the pics.

If you have any info on, or if you have pics of, this guy as Plas, Could you please share?

Thanks

plas3.jpg

plas2.jpg

plas1.jpg

I think you all aren't asking some key questions as to whether a Plastic Man movie will work or not: How deep is his mythos? How strong is his is supporting cast? How strong is his rogues gallery? What would be the plot?

well its all about the writing and acting. Even a weak character written well and have a strong actor playing could make the character great.

I think you all aren't asking some key questions as to whether a Plastic Man movie will work or not: How deep is his mythos? How strong is his is supporting cast? How strong is his rogues gallery? What would be the plot?

You're approaching it from a continuity perspective, rather than a general concept perspective. Although Woozie Winks is one of the all time great comic supporting characters.

The Jack Cole run is packed full of pure imagination and wacky adventures to draw from. Much of which is unknown to the audience. Yeah, there's no six part epic storyline to adapt, but there are tons of smaller incidents to adapt and you're free to invent what you need beyond the basics.

Last edited:
You're approaching it from a continuity perspective, rather than a general concept perspective. Although Woozie Weeks is one of the all time great comic supporting characters.

The Jack Cole run is packed full of pure imagination and wacky adventures to draw from. Much of which is unknown to the audience. Yeah, there's no six part epic storyline to adapt, but there are tons of smaller incidents to adapt and you're free to invent what you need beyond the basics.

Well a lot of comic books work as movies in theory, but not in practice. There have many heroes where there is a good concept , but not enough meat on the bones for something epic enough to be a movie, unless its going to be a complete comedy. Notice how the movies about Steel and Elektra completely failed.

You kinda need a good story, an interesting supporting cast and a compelling villain to make a movie work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"