PlayStation Firmware Updates

I went ahead and made this the PS3 and Vita FW thread, because....

Hi, everyone. The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include the following minor enhancements:

• A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
  • “After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
  • An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
  • Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
Don’t forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:

• Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
  • Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.

Is anyone else having internet connection problems with their ps3 i keep getting a DNS error starting with a 87

PSN maintenance was scheduled on the 24th I believe.

Okay i still cant connect to my PS3 i tried testing my internet connection but it keeps failing to obtain my IP address. also i tried reconnecting to my router and everytime i try to test connection it fails any ideas on what to do?

I've been able to sign on all day. Maybe call customer service?

1-800-345-7669

yeah i think i might just have to it signed in briefly and then there was a error code which was like 80710B23 and then i got another one saying 80710092.

4.20 coming tomorrow:

Wireless Stereo Headset

When the wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080) is connected, you can now adjust the sidetone level for microphone audio. Select [Sidetone] under (Settings) > (Accessory Settings) > [Audio Device Settings].

• Off: Disable microphone audio from the headset
  • 1-5: Enable microphone audio from the headset
Auto Off

You can now set the amount of time until the system automatically turns off. Under (Settings) > (Power Save Settings) > [System Auto-Off] you will be able amend the time for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and for [Game/Other Features]:

• Video/TV/Music/Photo – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
  • Game/Other Features – After 1 Hour, After 2 Hours, After 3 Hours, After 4 Hours, After 5 Hours, Off
If you enabled [System Auto-Off] in system software prior to version 4.20, the selected time will be set for both [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [Game/Other Features].

The default settings are [After 4 Hours] for [Video/TV/Music/Photo] and [After 1 Hour] for [Game/Other Features].

Save Game Selection

Under (Games) > (Saved Data Utility (PS3™), you can now select multiple saved data items, and then either delete or copy them as a group.

• You cannot use [Copy Multiple] to select data that is copy-protected.
  • Some saved data cannot be copied.
  • The upper right corner of the screen displays: the number of saved data items that are selected, the total number of saved data items and the total file size of the saved data items that are selected.
As far as that last one.....FINALLY! I hate having to do this one by one as its so annoying. Now they need to add this feature to messages as well

Thank goodness I have automatic downloading since I won't be able to use my PS3 for the next two weeks :)

Details for Vita Firmware 1.80
http://www.gamingexaminer.com/ps-vi...ds-multiple-functions-and-psone-titles/17615/

Cross Controller
■The new Cross-Controller feature will allow you to use PS Vita as a controller to play compatible games on PS3, such as LittleBigPlanet 2. This feature lets you take advantage of PS Vita’s rich features including the touch screen, rear touch pad, six-axis motion sensing system, and cameras.
■To access the cross controller feature you need to launch the Remote Play application and then click on the Cross-Controller icon.

Controls
■As many of you have requested, you will now have the option to control the home screen and some features of applications such as Videos and Music with the buttons on the PS Vita system.

Music
■Playlists will be supported in Music. You will be able to transfer iTunes (10.6.3 or later), M3U, and M3U8 playlists from a PS3 or a PC using Content Manager.

Web Browser
■Rear touch pad operation will be supported by the browser, allowing you to scroll through and zoom out of pages without obscuring the screen.

Video
■Playback speed control
■Repeat play

Photos
■Viewing photos in MPO format will now be supported, with the ability to transfer MPO files from PS3™ and PC using Content Manager. * 3D and multi-angle viewing are NOT supported.

Group Messaging
■Along with some new layout enhancements, you will be able to take photos to add as attachments when writing Group Messages.

Maps
■The Maps feature has been improved by adding a button on the top screen to switch between “Search for Location” and “Search for Directions.” You can also touch and hold a location on the map and place a user flag.

“near”
■“near” will be able to gather the information of surrounding Wi-Fi access points without internet connection and update the location data based on it later. You can get location data within the area covered by Wi-Fi location services

I was hoping for a better update for the browser.

That's a great update. Allowing us to use the buttons on the Home Screen is cool. This update also adds PS One compatibility. Just 4 more days. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Here is a vid from PS Blog showing off the 1.80 update for the Vita Looks great!
[YT]tPJyUta3RRA#![/YT]

Im not sure where to put this but I heard that if you purchase a video off of PSN, its a one time download and you cant delete and redownload it later. Is that true? i got Batman Year one download with AC GOTY and want to delete it to make space on my HDD but if I do, will I not be able to download and view it again?

Only one download per movie from the store. It's sort of their own DRM. However, you used to be able to get a courtesy re-download by calling customer service. You could only do this one time per video. I suggest calling them first before you delete it, just in case they changed that though.

Man that sucks especially since HDD space is an issue. Also sounds stupid bc I thought the movie being in its own format and tied to your PSN account was enough to act as DRM. If I back up and restore using the PS3's utility, does that transfer over?

Yea I downloaded v for vendetta once and after I deleted it I found I couldn't dl it again w.o buying it again

That makes no sense to me. Is there any type of warning about it only being a one-time download from the PSN store before you purchase? I've never rented or downloaded any full-length movies from it.

I know this is the wrong thread, but I didn't feel that this warranted a new thread (yet). Anyways, did anyone happen to see a bogus $50 draft on your bank account/credit card from Playstation Network yesterday (September 1st)? I was looking at my bank account yesterday morning, and I saw this $50 draft. So the first thing I did was login to my PS3 and was looking for Transactions, Recent Downloads, Subscriptions, but there was nothing. In fact my PS3 wallet hasn't even been filled lately. My subscription to CoD: Elite is still valid for another couple of months. I have PS Plus, but I do 3 months at a time and I just renewed last month, and so that's not it either. Also, no games have been purchased and no movies either. So I was curious to see if anyone else has run into this either today or any other time?

That sounds fishy, but I've checked mine and I've done a few purchases the last week or so and I have PS+ as well. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I've never had any issue like that in the past either, not with the PS Store at least.

I figured maybe it was a PS+ renewal that you might have forgot about but I guess that's not the case. What other kinds of subscriptions or perks might have you overlooked?

New firmware is live and I updated this morning. Having 1 gb of cloud storage is gonna be sweet. It would have been neat had Sony made the feature universal for everyone, possibly giving non-Plus members like 50mb or something. Thats not much but it could be something to help entice them to for for the larger storage once they see how valuable it can be

It goes up today right?,So far nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"