Poltergeist remake...

From everything I've seen of this movie it just looks so boring and generic. And the clown scene and the girl flying up the stairs they keep playing in trailers are making me :lmao:. There is nothing frightening about this movie.
MV5BMjIzNTI1ODgwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDYwODA1NTE@._V1__SX1303_SY581_.jpg

Last edited:
The general consensus for this movie is that it's an unnecessary remake of a classic.

That's the case with most, if not all, horror remakes, but I'm a little bummed because I was actually kind of looking forward to this given the cast and Sam Raimi's involvement.

I'm not surprised the reviews are at best middling and mostly negative.

I genuinely believe they have shown all the scares in the ads. Hell, the clown part isn't even scary anymore after seeing that **** like 50 times on tv.

What is upsetting is that the clown is 'scary' while in the original, it just a clown doll-thing. Something you can actually see in a kid's room.

Yeah this movie screams unnecessary. The studios don't care because these films are cheap as dirt to make.

This film isn't being that well received

I haven't seen it yet but my friends are saying it's and exact copy?

Why not just reboot it? You can reboot and keep original story elements like Halloween, Friday and Texas did. Those IMHO worked as they we tinkered with enough to make it new. But Poltergeist as an exact copy, lol

I was hoping for more. I may wait for Bluray for this guys.

The movie was awful. Save your money and rent the original. EVERYTHING was better in the original. This remake was a joke and an awfully bad one at that. Everything seemed so rushed and lacked a lot of emotion in comparison to the original. All the iconic scenes, the tree, the clown, hands on the tv scene, etc, were done poorly and inferior. The cgi was in this was really bad too and the family was so unlikeable (especially the older daughter). The acting was so lackluster and lifeless.

No suspense, no scares just another soulless remake full of loud jump scares. Nothing new.

I wasn't going to see this anyway but too bad that this isn't good. It has a lot of talented lesser known actors.

Sam Rockwell: forever lesser known despite his talents and charisma.

poltergeist.jpg

I don't know, guys. I can see a clown like that in a children's room. Annabelle on the other hand. :whatever:

i disagree. the clown was made to look scary.

Maybe it's the teeth... Both were pretty, uh, creepy...

poltergeist_035pyxurz-annabelle-the-creepiest-doll-of-all-time.jpeg

Sam Rockwell: forever lesser known despite his talents and charisma.
Rockwell makes some good movies like Moon, Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Frost/Nixon & The Way, Way Back.

I think Rockwell just hasn't found that mainstream film role that would catapult him to the next level.

Yeah this movie screams unnecessary. The studios don't care because these films are cheap as dirt to make.

Yep, seems like another case of Hollywood churning out a cheap remake and hoping to draw people in off the the name of the original.

I'll probably just see it on Netflix.

Saw this today it was really bad, awful acting, boring and a horrible mash of CGI all over.

My ramblings

Shocking to say but this was a pretty good update on a classic. Just like with the original, it was a fun little horror movie with a likeable family. I thought Sam Rockwell was the best part about this because he's basically Justin Hammer aka I don't give a ****. The horror scares was effective although it didn't scare me personally.

8/10

Yeah I enjoyed it as well. I took my mother and sister since we've all seen the original together when it came out. Went to the 3D version, very entertaining. I also enjoyed the ending (those who loved the original will get a chuckle).

The family finds a new house, they have a bumper sticker with the school name "Hooper High." The house they arrive at? The original house from the original poltergeist LOL. Needless to say they leave while the realtor is still talking.

8/10.

I can't post the article here due to language, but ToplessRobot ran an article with 7 points on how the film is actually pretty good if you try not to associate it with the original film. It convinced me despite the bad reviews to see it, so I'm going to see if I can sometime this week. Not to mention Kane56320 up there liked it, and I usually agree on a lot in the horror thread, so.

Ive never seen all of the original and didnt really like it so not associating this one with original shouldn be an issue for me.

I liked how they tried to recreate some of those classic 80s fx with the light scenes, like the portal and the floating light bulb filament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"