• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Poltergeist remake...

Drew McWeeny of Hitfix said that the film is going through some issues, and Fox isn't really happy with it.

Jesus. That ****ing doll clown scared me. Not gonna lie.

It looks like they gave away all the potential frighty bits right there in the trailer. I'll see it when it comes to disc but I don't waste my few trips to the theater on unimaginative looking horror remakes.

I hope this finds some kids to scare somewhere like the original scared me. Although you'd probably be better off just showing them the original instead.

poltergeist_1sht_vera1_large.jpg
With their "terrifying new vision" being a wholly PG-13 movie that will offer little in the way of anything too scary for the kiddies. Except the clowns. Which I think is a cheap ploy since it's an easy scare.

The thing about Poltergeist is that the most effective scares weren't the clown doll or the dead bodies in the pool or any of the s*** like that. It was Zelda Rubinstein's tiny ass telling the parents that their daughter is stuck where they can't get her with an angry, evil spirit and it's using her. Those childish fears are cheap. The adult fear of the movie is gold.

I agree but I doubt they'll have a Zelda in their movie who can pull off that same creepy and scary vibe and even if they did we've already seen it so they would have to find another way to scare the hell out of adults.

It actually looks a lot better than I was expecting it to based on Sam Rockwell's "kids film" comments. I'm in.

Last edited:
It was a slow burn thing. They had their serial killer schlock, but they also had stuff like The Thing.

Saw the original in theaters as a 10 year old and i thought it was awesome and scared the the bejeezus out of me. It still holds up for me but this looks like your typical modern day pg-13 horror movie remake that will suck.

Maybe it's because I heard how terrifying the movie was before watching it, but it was disappointing to me. The energy reminded me of something off of Ghostbusters.

But back to that part with the clown.....no. Even as a adult, **** that ****.

So just like the original then.:o
The original is one of the most overrated films that I have ever watched. It's a slightly above average horror movie for children, definitely not worthy of being called a classic.

The original is one of the most overrated films that I have ever watched. It's a slightly above average horror movie for children, definitely not worthy of being called a classic.

tumblr_mia6v7LNAp1s54z0co1_400.gif

It actually looks a lot better than I was expecting it to based on Sam Rockwell's "kids film" comments. I'm in.

Thinking the exact same thing to be honest. And this is coming from an uber-sceptic of this project.

What are they gonna do for the second movie if this is successful? Riff off of the whole Kane the Preacher thing? Good luck topping that as he is one of the most goddamn horrifying things I've ever seen in a movie.

What are they gonna do for the second movie if this is successful? Riff off of the whole Kane the Preacher thing? Good luck topping that as he is one of the most goddamn horrifying things I've ever seen in a movie.

Yeah, if they can't do Tangina again, they definitely can't do Kane again. That s*** was next level creepy even if the overall movie wasn't great.

Didn't we already have a Poltergeist remake in the form of Insidious?

Didn't we already have a Poltergeist remake in the form of Insidious?
My thoughts exactly and I actually like Insidious way more than Poltergeist. So my unpopular opinion gets more unpopular I assume.

I hope Sawyer doesn't send me creepy clown doll in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"