Poorly Written Script

I only know a few things about Ghost Rider,but a question i have is this...how is GR portrayed in comics.Was he portrayed the same way in the movie?

Kind of. MSJ kind of meshed a few of his tales together, or well simplified them.

He won't understand this post.
He clearly doesn't know what a good movie can be, nor can he wish for a comic book movie to be praised by the critics. By his logic, I bet he hated X2 or Batman Begins and preferred the old school Captain America.

The funny thing is how mad he got about Movies's first post. I guess all of us that want/watch good movies are like "pompous hollywood critics who swear they know whats best for everyone."

:whatever:

Movies are made to entertain. PERIOD. If one can go into a film and have a good time FOR WHATEVER REASON, then in my mind the movie was a success. What i was saying in my posts was that people like these hollywood critics feel that every movie has to be broken down and torn apart at the seams to find every possible flaw. Sure there was some dodgey writing in the film, and i NEVER said it was perfect, but i felt there was no need to look at it that damn intently. The movie was NOT made for that, the director and the cast have said this many many many times. The movie NEVER took itself seriously, so why in the blue hell should you or anyone else? As for plot holes, there really werent alot, you and others just dont understand the comic. By your logic, a movie can only be good if everyone tells you it is. If youre capable, try making up your own mind next time. Done.

I agree sometimes costumes are too awful to put onscreen. Most of the Xmen costumes needed a change not in color but in material. Leather was a bad choice. Its not practical to wear a full leather outfit because A) its restrictive for movement, which people like wolverine and colossus dont want B) its too hot once you start moving. Even then I could have taken it had it not been all black. All black costume tells me the director didnt even TRY to make it creative, he went the easy route.

I agree Xmen shouldnt be tights but I also believe jet black leather was just as wrong.

Another thing. I dont like making exceptions. Singer chose not to use the Xmen costumes saying it would have been silly, people ate it up. Then being a COMPLETE hypocrite makes Supermans outfit damn close to the comics. How was it not silly then?? Guess what happen, again people gave a pass. Talk about a win win for him while a loss for xmen fans an a win for superman fans.

i dunno.the outfits made sense to me cause leather gives you a lil bit of protectioni think,least what i heard, i dont wear leather so i wouldnt know either way. and the first x-movie the outfits were basically the same probaly because they didnt have much of a budget and in the next two movies they were changed a bit, at least wolverine's was,his is the only one i can rele remember being different. it was designed a bit wolverineish,like with the adding of either yellow or some type of color like yellow and i just looked at some of the other costumes like storms n it had white/silver colored parts. as for singer having superman's costume being the same design as the comics, i dunno. i dont have an argument for that cause i dont know how to describe it rele. all i can say is that sometimes ya just gotta change some things because some things cant translate to film very well. Oh and i just thought of a argument for why singer had the costume be the same design from the comic, although its not a argument im making to defend singer, cause i havent even seen superman returns n prob wont cause the whole idea of making a movie that isnt rele a sequel or a remake, but some kind of alternate sequel? or whatever it was, kind of turns me off. anyway my argument would be that well since the movie isnt a remake but a sequel of some kind to the christopher reeves superman flicks are that well for him to change the costume wouldnt be consistent with the movies that came before it. so that right there is the only reason i can come up for it from a logical point of view i guess, but whatever.

Stupid question. Is a church considered hallowed ground? I know cemeteries are...

Anyway, Bryan Singer reasoned that dark characters wearing bright colors (Wolverine wearing yellow and powder blue? The X-Men looking like a rainbow?) would be silly and counterproductive in live-action. He was right. He was also right to reason that a more hopeful, bright character like Superman should retain his costume. It's situational, people. He didn't just hate costumes for the sake of hating costumes.

Another thing. I dont like making exceptions. Singer chose not to use the Xmen costumes saying it would have been silly, people ate it up. Then being a COMPLETE hypocrite makes Supermans outfit damn close to the comics. How was it not silly then?? Guess what happen, again people gave a pass. Talk about a win win for him while a loss for xmen fans an a win for superman fans.

He could have toned down the coloring. Wolverine never used powder blue. Maybe you forget but wolverine had a darker costume from in the 80s that would have worked fine with some tweaking.

i dunno.the outfits made sense to me cause leather gives you a lil bit of protectioni think,least what i heard, i dont wear leather so i wouldnt know either way. and the first x-movie the outfits were basically the same probaly because they didnt have much of a budget and in the next two movies they were changed a bit, at least wolverine's was,his is the only one i can rele remember being different. it was designed a bit wolverineish,like with the adding of either yellow or some type of color like yellow and i just looked at some of the other costumes like storms n it had white/silver colored parts. as for singer having superman's costume being the same design as the comics, i dunno. i dont have an argument for that cause i dont know how to describe it rele. all i can say is that sometimes ya just gotta change some things because some things cant translate to film very well. Oh and i just thought of a argument for why singer had the costume be the same design from the comic, although its not a argument im making to defend singer, cause i havent even seen superman returns n prob wont cause the whole idea of making a movie that isnt rele a sequel or a remake, but some kind of alternate sequel? or whatever it was, kind of turns me off. anyway my argument would be that well since the movie isnt a remake but a sequel of some kind to the christopher reeves superman flicks are that well for him to change the costume wouldnt be consistent with the movies that came before it. so that right there is the only reason i can come up for it from a logical point of view i guess, but whatever.

Were you drunk?

You dont mess with an icons costume. I dont understand people. Superman looks just as silly in his costume as the Xmen would in theres yet he kept his while they changed the xmens. Imagine if they had made supermans costume black. I see no difference.

Iv already stated I hate exceptions. People give Singer a pass on both which i think is dumb. Just like people giving GR a pass on some its flaws is dumb.

He could have toned down the coloring. Wolverine never used powder blue. Maybe you forget but wolverine had a darker costume from in the 80s that would have worked fine with some tweaking.

yea wolverine does have a diff darker costume, but cmon. just picture hugh jackman wearing a costume designed after the brown costume, dya rele think it looks good? i rele dont think the movie would have worked if they were in spandex like in the comics.i picture it in my head and it just doesnt sit well. if you think it works then i dunno what to say. everyone has diff views and opinions.

Were you drunk?

You dont mess with an icons costume. I dont understand people. Superman looks just as silly in his costume as the Xmen would in theres yet he kept his while they changed the xmens. Imagine if they had made supermans costume black. I see no difference.

Iv already stated I hate exceptions. People give Singer a pass on both which i think is dumb. Just like people giving GR a pass on some its flaws is dumb.
was i drunk when i wrote that post? or was i drunk when i saw the xmen movies?
jesus. i tried being nice n polite with you and not trash your opinions,but a know what? FORGET YOU AND YOUR DUMB*** OPINIONS. YOUR ARGUMENTS BLOW,AS DO YOU, YOU FRIGGN MORON. go jump in yer xmen pajamas and walk into traffic.

Were you drunk?

jesus. i tried being nice n polite with you and not trash your opinions,but a know what? FORGET YOU AND YOUR DUMB*** OPINIONS. YOUR ARGUMENTS BLOW,AS DO YOU, YOU FRIGGN MORON. go jump in yer xmen pajamas and walk into traffic.
im gunnah go get some dinner. later moron.

:huh: relax. Have you looked at the wall of text your post is? Comparing to your others its hardly readable. Were you drunk typing it because when looking at your other ones it sure looks like it.

It wasnt "are you drunk because your opinion sucks".

yea wolverine does have a diff darker costume, but cmon. just picture hugh jackman wearing a costume designed after the brown costume, dya rele think it looks good? i rele dont think the movie would have worked if they were in spandex like in the comics.i picture it in my head and it just doesnt sit well. if you think it works then i dunno what to say. everyone has diff views and opinions.

Who said anything about spandex? Why is it in this argument I say color people always say spandex. COLOR /=/ spandex.

sorry about jumping at ya like that. its just a lot of ppl on this board have rele ridiculous views on certain things when it comes to the movies. and if i ever post or put up a thread ill try to not have it be such a mess.
and as for the spandex thing, well you said ya didnt like the leather, so what do you think the costumes should have been made out of? cause i cant think of anything sides spandex type costumes or leather.

I think you guys need to get laid

you know for someone whos started 80 threads and posted 9,672 times (15.15 posts per day) and been a member since may 2005, i really dont think you should be criticizing anyone on here. ok buddy? and for your interests you put "sex and beer", now im sure you very interested in sex, but i highly doubt you've ever had any or ever will have any sex less you pay for it.

I think you guys need to get laid

Tell my wife that. Im pretty sure after "I do" having sex went out the window.

Im pretty hung over so im gonna stop posting for a bit an sleep. Ill come back to the costume debate tomorrow.

Tell my wife that. Im pretty sure after "I do" having sex went out the window.

Im pretty hung over so im gonna stop posting for a bit an sleep. Ill come back to the costume debate tomorrow.

whoa... :csad: I'm just going to tippy toe off this issue then...

*whistles*

Guys, calm down. Get back to the thread and not each other.

He told them to come to him... It's like Mummra the ever living getting super powered in thundercats.

Yes and then once realizing that GR could use his power on him he should have sent the souls to hell or he could have gone to hell with the souls. Either decision would have been more inteligent then screaming like a child and letting GR grab him.

You'll just have to suspend disbelief in this instance. And calling satan a moron, well, that's not so bad.

I can't suspend my disbelief when a movie consistently breaks parameters that were previously the driving force of a story. Satan can't be the master of deception and a moron at the same time.

Blackheart's never been special to me either.

Are you telling me that Blackheart is this stupid in the comics? I'm still wondering why Avi decided to give GR stupid villians. If Ghost Rider has more worthy adversaries fight why not include them in this film?

The strategy was to drown the ghost rider in water.

Overall I do agree though that the villains are the weakest part of the film. That needs to be rectified in GR 2.

If that was water guy's strategy then he is a complete moron. Water guy knew GR had supernatural powers that protected him from harm before he tried to drown GR. All heroe's are known to fight stupid villians but, these villians should never be the centerpiece of any movie, comic, or cartoon. There's a reason why stupid Spiderman(Vulture and Hammerhead) Batman(Humpty-Dumpty and Catman) villians rarely get any recognition anymore. They make Heroe's look either stupid or less powerful.

Yes and then once realizing that GR could use his power on him he should have sent the souls to hell or he could have gone to hell with the souls. Either decision would have been more inteligent then screaming like a child and letting GR grab him.

He thought ghost rider's powers wouldn't work. But anyway, I agree that blackheart is a lame villain. I saw him years ago as a kid while at the comic shop and thought he sucked then. Still do now.

I can't suspend my disbelief when a movie consistently breaks parameters that were previously the driving force of a story. Satan can't be the master of deception and a moron at the same time.

I can only guess that it's that way in the comic and therefore Satan's bound by the contract to not have the ability to rid blaze of the ghost rider without Blaze's approval.

Are you telling me that Blackheart is this stupid in the comics? I'm still wondering why Avi decided to give GR stupid villians. If Ghost Rider has more worthy adversaries fight why not include them in this film?

Good question. I have no knowledge of GR's rogues besides black heart, who sucks. GR's never been one of those comic characters who had a plethora of cool rogues to me.

If that was water guy's strategy then he is a complete moron. Water guy knew GR had supernatural powers that protected him from harm before he tried to drown GR. All heroe's are known to fight stupid villians but, these villians should never be the centerpiece of any movie, comic, or cartoon. There's a reason why stupid Spiderman(Vulture and Hammerhead) Batman(Humpty-Dumpty and Catman) villians rarely get any recognition anymore. They make Heroe's look either stupid or less powerful.

I agree. Give GR a real challenge next time.

I've seen it colored as powder blue. Blue, regardless. He wore a fairly bright yellow outfit for years, and that can't really be argued. I'm aware of his other costumes. Brown and yellow and orange. Big improvement.

i see a lot of people saying that we're supposed to enjoy GR for what it is and not to expect Oscar winning material. to them i say this...

...Michael Bay hasn't done anything Oscar worthy yet he manages to put JUST ENOUGH plot and acting to make me enjoy a movie that's utterly ridiculous when compared to reality. i'll take ANY Michael Bay movie over Ghost Rider. MSJ needs to stop making superhero flicks...

i see a lot of people saying that we're supposed to enjoy GR for what it is and not to expect Oscar winning material. to them i say this...

...Michael Bay hasn't done anything Oscar worthy yet he manages to put JUST ENOUGH plot and acting to make me enjoy a movie that's utterly ridiculous when compared to reality. i'll take ANY Michael Bay movie over Ghost Rider. MSJ needs to stop making superhero flicks...

Michael Bay's best work(The Rock) is much better than MSJ's best work(Simon Birch). MSJ should stick to making drama movies because he has no idea how to make action films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"