Script Reviews and Discussion

lordofthenerds said:
I found a couple of old Ghost Rider script reviews and I thought that I would post them here. Here are the links:
http://www.digitalentropy.net/Internapse/page/gr/GRScript.html
http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreviews/ghostrider/ghostrider.html
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Interesting reads, but not really relevant to the current film.

To be brutally honest, Goyer's script (from what I gleaned in the first review) seems rather lame. It definitely shows a man who's not nearly as solid a writer as he is now. Blaze being a criminal who becomes a Spirit of Vengeance is such ham-fisted irony that I can't imagine many people swallowing it.

Regardless though, thanks for the fun reading material!

after reading the transpcript for the dialoge of the new scenes boy do I hope that the actors can pull that off.

The dialogue (as it was written in the article anyway) is very clunky. Granted, its a tough speech to make and Johnny's dialogue isn't too bad but Roxanne's is terrible. All she has is exposition of their relationship up to that point. I'm assuming that we've seen what happens in the film and don't need a re-cap by the characters. There is no need for that. Then we get exposition of her career. If its a work in progress I hope that they are working on the looping of the dialogue too.

At least Johnny's dialogue makes sense. She doesn't know what is going on but so far with the trailers I've seen and what was written we have about 3 people telling us what and who the Ghost Rider is. Unless the voice-over in the trailers won't make it into the film.

At least I can take some comfort in knowing that others are writing clunky too... :yay:

In reference to the posting on the front page: http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=4966

"I think I should walk you to your car. This is not a great time," Johnny tells Roxanne.

"You almost kill yourself on the highway so you can ask me out and then you don't show. Then you keep my picture, but when I kiss you, you try to shove me out the door. What, what's going on," Roxanne asks. "Don't you care about me Johnny? You can talk to me. You can tell me anything."

"You wouldn't believe me anyway," Johnny replies.

"Try me."

'You'll think I'm crazy. Maybe I am crazy. I hope I'm crazy."

"With my job, I've seen and heard just about everything," Roxanne reminds him. "So there is nothing that you can tell me that's going to surprise me."

"Off the record?"

"Yeah."

"I sold my soul to the devil and now I have to spare you."

Roxanne sits on the bed looking confused and doesn't believe what Johnny is telling her.

"Spare me from what?" she asks

"The devil. On account I work for him. That's why I couldn't make it to dinner."

"Because you were working for the devil?"

"Yeah. I'm his bounty hunter. It only happens at night like it is right now. When I'm around evil, evil people, evil spirits I change…But, I am learning to get control of it. I'm trying to."

"So tonight you'll…"

"I believe so, yeah. So it's probably a very good idea that you run home now Roxie."

I love it, personally.

I like the dialogue, but I'm much more concerned about how the GR lines sound than the Johnny lines.

But what I heard GR say ("Back to hell" in the trailer) so far, it's fantastic!

CAH

Screenscribe said:
after reading the transpcript for the dialoge of the new scenes boy do I hope that the actors can pull that off.

The dialogue (as it was written in the article anyway) is very clunky. Granted, its a tough speech to make and Johnny's dialogue isn't too bad but Roxanne's is terrible. All she has is exposition of their relationship up to that point. I'm assuming that we've seen what happens in the film and don't need a re-cap by the characters. There is no need for that. Then we get exposition of her career. If its a work in progress I hope that they are working on the looping of the dialogue too.

At least Johnny's dialogue makes sense. She doesn't know what is going on but so far with the trailers I've seen and what was written we have about 3 people telling us what and who the Ghost Rider is. Unless the voice-over in the trailers won't make it into the film.

At least I can take some comfort in knowing that others are writing clunky too... :yay:

Well Roxannes character has been left in the dark about Blaze's problems for a very long time. Roxeanne had a chance to meet him again and continued chasing him trying to understand what drove them apart, and possibly forge a new lasting bond before Blaze leaves her life forever. Thats the way I see it.

...and seeing the new revealed dialogue, it seems actually quite funny in a way that Nicolas Cage can only deliver!

I will admit it is clunky dialogue. But to be honest we don't know how dead on the transcript is and clunky dialogue can sound great on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"