Power Rangers 3.0

So i got a chance to catch some of the new Samurai episode today, and surprisingly i saw the reveal of the rogue villain Dekker's human form which is in fact Rick Medina from Wild Force, the only question i have about that is Medina playing a new character all together or in fact Cole from Wild Force. Anyway it was nice to see him there for sure

that is the question alot of fans are probably wondering. Personally i think it would be nice if they tie his samurai character to cole character from wildforce. They can easily go the possesed a human body route. Sorta what happen to zenku in wild force. Or they can just leave it be two different characters. Since we have seen other actors(though most usually were just secondary characters) play different roles. But most ranger actors who have returned have returned as said character. Would be a waste not to throw a nod there.

The bigger question though is if they were to tie deker to past. Why of all former pr actors would they pick rick medina. He from what i heard, didnt care for power rangers then, was a jerk to wildforce cast mates and all that. When there is loads of other pr actors like blake foster who would kill to return to the series.

His acting wasnt bad today, atleast not compared to the other actors/rangers

well i do say rick's acting seems a bit better then what it was ten yrs ago. Though with samurai cast, besides green ranger's and spike's The rest of the ranger cast members are pretty new/fresh actors. So i give them more leerway with these early episodes. Since its probably the first major acting roles they have gotten. They could easily improve to a fair standing by mid season/end of season.

The poor acting in PR's isn't helped by the screenwriters. I understand that PR is never trying to be some grim dark, social realist drama series and it isn't probably ever supposed to be taken that seriously but 90% of the PR dialogue in all variations is so ****ing bad I have no idea how the actors don't get fits of giggles whenever they try to say these lines seriously or dramatically.

haha ya but that is what pr has been through the yrs.

I mean Ninja Storm has the traditional one liners but they are so awful that they don't even make sense half the time. I cringe pretty much every time the dubbed english actors lines are slapped onto the top of the super sentai fighting sequences. And just hope to god the original dialogue was better. And you know a one liner is bad when you notice it's a oneliner rather than just some cool catch phrase.

MMPR had a lot of "Hyah!" "Hiah!" when they were fighting

I wonder why RPM was so well received, I mean aside from it being really good, I thought it being non continuity would put a lot of PR fans off before they even start. I didn't even know this, to be fair, but I would have watched it anyway.

I see RPM as being in continuity, but I'm not going to explain whether it comes before or during SPD, TF, and DT's timelines (it's complicated). I just see RPM as a few years removed from the more... contemporary Disney seasons.

Either way, RPM rocked. Saban owns the show, maybe he and Tzachor should actually watch it. Eddie Guzelian and Judd Lynn did a terrific job, without emulating the Sentai.

for me the easily place to put it is after spd(2025) and before timeforce(3000) since there is a good hundreds of yrs of time for it could have been set in.

I'm fine if they go the whole alternate timeline route for RPM (though it would only matter if they did a team-up), mostly because it would more or less maintain RPM's status as a standalone story, which I think works great for it. Also because putting it in continuity, even after SPD, implies that even after the hundreds of times the Power Rangers saved the earth from destruction, most of humanity eventually gets annihilated anyway by Venjix.

My one problem with RPM is this...

Today I decided to give Timeforce a try. And yeah I enjoyed it etc but you know what was the main thing? The special effects were better than those in RPM. I mean how is that possible, didn't RPM come out almost a decade after Timeforce? Even if they had a lower budget, surely they'd have much better technology to make it look better? I mean Timeforce looked a whole lot better than Ninja Storm as well. What's going on?

Oh also, I knew I recognised Scott's Dad, he was in Ninja Storm as the old sensei. Green Samurai Ranger ftw.

i am a big fan of toku.

i tried to watch this. it was just gay.

the fact that saban got their hands on PR again just makes me weep. I did however enjoy PR:SPD and Timeforce. I probably only watched Time Force because of the hot yellow ranger.

I always thought PR with superhuman powers was stupid because a.) If they already have powers, why would they need all that extra Ranger gear to fight? and b.) they didn't even use their powers (to the best of my memory) while they were morphed.

I always thought PR with superhuman powers was stupid because a.) If they already have powers, why would they need all that extra Ranger gear to fight? and b.) they didn't even use their powers (to the best of my memory) while they were morphed.
Yeah this was one of my biggest problems with Dillon in RPM. His enhancements are meant to enhance everything. To the point where he could take down whole squadrons of grinders without ever needing to Morph. Then when he got his ranger powers? I mean yeah, there was a few off screen scenes with him apparently taking down more grinders than any of the others, but aside from that? Nothing. No super speed, no super strength, nothing.

Over time's soft subs of Gokaiger episode 5 are out

http://over-ti.me/?p=748

As I said before Koichi Sakamoto who is Power Ranger's stunt coordinator directed this episode and episode 6

In a statement where he said he was fine after the Japan earthquakes he said that there would be Power Ranger references in episode 5 mostly.

Right now it's debatable what the references were. Apparently there was a reference to

RPM- using the wheel cuff links in a way Go-Onger didn't

Power Ranger's SPD morph shot

watched raw verison earlier, really wished i knew what the heck they were saying. Cant wait to watch it again later with a sub. Speaking of the dekaranger stuff in this episode. I was just wondering for pr spd was it kalish decision to have to set in a near future date instead of just being present day group?

Is Deker meant to be the same guy from Wild Force or is he his own person?

Is Spike supposed to become the PRSA's 6th Ranger, or will it be the Sensai or the new guy/monster?

as for deker we dont really know right now if they are or arent going to tie him to being cole, even though rick medina is playing deker and was cole in wf. As for 6th gold ranger no bulk wont be it and spike wont be it either. The character name is skyler or something if i recall.

There were a few of the later PR's series which as I grew older I hadn't watched, just maybe flicked through on passing (like Mystic Force). Only I had no memory at all as to what SPD was about. So I looked at some fanmade trailers and realised my memory of three different PR's series were all this one... my mind is full of **** right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"