Predictions of 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political prediction: The presidential election will be an Edwards/Richardson vs. Romney/Hutchinson match-up, with a possible Bloomberg/Hagel ticket running a strong third-party campaign. Ultimately, Edwards is elected President, the Democrats pick-up 6-8 seats in the Senate, and see a few gains in the House.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be the worldwide #1 at the box office.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be the worldwide #1 at the box office.

I think you're right there.

Here is a bit of a bold prediction.

WALL*E will be numero uno at the American Box Office.

Mr. Socko kidnaps Brittney for ramsom money but nobody cares so he has to pay her to leave him alone.

PS- Socko will be the Hype member on how to catch a predator. :ninja:

Lindsay Lohan will go to rehab, no, no no....

I think you're right there.

Here is a bit of a bold prediction.

WALL*E will be numero uno at the American Box Office.

Well considering PIXAR's track record, and how well Alvin and the friggin' Chipmunks is doing that wouldn't surprise me.

Mr. Socko kidnaps Brittney for ramsom money but nobody cares so he has to pay her to leave him alone.

PS- Socko will be the Hype member on how to catch a predator. :ninja:

Hahahaha!

Laugh it up, laugh it up. No thanks, I'll leave the underage kiddies for you Dock.

Well considering PIXAR's track record, and how well Alvin and the friggin' Chipmunks is doing that wouldn't surprise me.

Compared to 2007 (Spider-Man, Pirates, Shrek, Bourne, Transformers, etc), 2008 looks really underwhelming. There really aren't any major movies of 2008.

The Dark Knight is the biggest on this board, but it will likely only do slightly better than Batman Begins, so look for that to be in 200 million range. It actually has potential to do worse, when you really think about it. A lot of parents were turned off by the dark nature of Batman Begins. Might keep their kids home this time. 150 for TDK is certainly possible.

Iron Man will do Fantastic Four numbers...most likely. I'd guess the same holds true for Hulk.

Potter will be a big hit, as it always is. But in all actuallity, it will be overshadowed by what comes next (Deathly Hallows, as HBP is really just a set up for the last book/movie).

Indiana Jones returns...but how much will audiences really care about the revival of a 20 year old franchise? My guess is, not that much.

What else is there? Bond? I doubt he will be the box office king. Narnia stands a chance, I suppose. The first one was a success but in all fairness it opened to a total lack of competition. This one was a may release and will be right in the brunt of it.

I think it is really the perfect year for a movie like WALL*E to fly under the radar and take the box office crown.

Compared to 2007 (Spider-Man, Pirates, Shrek, Bourne, Transformers, etc), 2008 looks really underwhelming. There really aren't any major movies of 2008.

The Dark Knight is the biggest on this board, but it will likely only do slightly better than Batman Begins, so look for that to be in 200 million range. It actually has potential to do worse, when you really think about it. A lot of parents were turned off by the dark nature of Batman Begins. Might keep their kids home this time. 150 for TDK is certainly possible.

Iron Man will do Fantastic Four numbers...most likely. I'd guess the same holds true for Hulk.

Potter will be a big hit, as it always is. But in all actuallity, it will be overshadowed by what comes next (Deathly Hallows, as HBP is really just a set up for the last book/movie).

What else is there? Bond? I doubt he will be the box office king. Narnia stands a chance, I suppose. The first one was a success but in all fairness it opened to a total lack of competition. This one was a may release and will be right in the brunt of it.

I think it is really the perfect year for a movie like WALL*E to fly under the radar and take the box office crown.

I'm hoping The Dark Knight does well, and I think it will. But WALL•E will own I think. These are the same guys that did Toy Story and Nemo and they were the big bread winners for PIXAR.

matt i agree with alot of what you said...but this i agree with most...
but i do think TDK will get wayy more than BB did

The Celtics or the Lakers win the Championship.

Duke bets UNC to win the ACC.

I predict that Meterologists will forecast 2008 will be the worst year for hurricanes on record, and 2008 will have the lowest amount of hurricanes in recent memory.

:lmao:

It's funny, because it's probably going to be true.

I predict that I will break the law several times in 2008 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"