Arrowverse General PREPARING FOR CRISIS: The COIE Watchlist

I listed them bc of me, and I felt those were important in setting up Crisis and its characters. Not the show. So the pilot to Arrow makes sense if you want to learn the origin of Oliver in the Arrowverse for example.

But as I said, the pilot doesn't tell you the origin of Oliver. It doesn't operate in chronological order as if he goes from a normal guy to the Green Arrow in one episode. Instead his origin is told in flashback over the course of several seasons while in the present he's already the Hood.

I listed them bc of me, and I felt those were important in setting up Crisis and its characters. Not the show. So the pilot to Arrow makes sense if you want to learn the origin of Oliver in the Arrowverse for example.

If that were the case then you might as well list every single episode of every series because they all contribute (in some shape or form) to the overall development of each character that will be in Crisis.

The list in the original post looks like it's assembled by someone who hasn't watched any of the shows but is just going by titles or other things that might appear to be important, but aren't necessarily so. It's listed almost too legalistically, for want of a better word.

Barry Allen's first appearance isn't even in the Flash pilot. He first appears in two episodes of Arrow Season 2 (which aren't even listed here) and that's where he gets hit by the lightning bolt from the particle accelerator.

As I said, some of these previous crossovers aren't relevant. Also, what's the point of having "Flash vs Arrow" when that's only half of the crossover, and missing the other half "the Brave and the Bold"? That's why I say it's done too legalistically just going by episode titles which can cause you to place too much importance on one thing or overlook something else. Neither of these episodes are important to crisis anyway, and certainly not the first meeting of the two characters.

True. You basically just need to watch the episodes that the screenrant article mentioned to get ready for COIE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"