2817vneosnd9.jpg

Neal McDonough for Brainiac
nealmcdonoughthumbnailjj8.jpg
I really like this cast. A nice break from the usual stuff. :up:

BobJM said:
PERRY WHITE: Richard Jenkins
the_visitor_6.jpg
This is a great choice as well.

I love your choices for Lois Lane and the Kents. Great picks there!

haven´t really got any ideas for casting, but here´s a photoshop-image I did as a tweak on the Superman-costume. yeah, I´ve just gotten rid of the belt, underwear and boots (and made the symbol bigger) but I think this is better, and more practical, as he is wearing it under his clark kent-suit. For practical reasons, I would have gotten rid of the cape too, but it´s a bit too iconic...

supermanalalcja3.jpg
[/quot
e]

I would love to see this on screen. It definitely makes sense. who needs boots or a belt.

Why not just get Chris Nolan to direct both Superman and Batman 3?

Director: J. J. Abrams

Writers: David S. Goyer (story) and J. J. Abrams (dialogues)

Composer: John Williams

Cast:

Clark Kent/Superman - Brandon Routh

Lois Lane - Keri Russell

Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey

Perry White - James Caan

Jimmy Olsen - Sam Huntington

Martha Kent - Eva Marie Saint

Jonathan Kent - James Garner

Lana Lang - Alicia Witt

Jor El - James Caviezel

Lara - Carrie Anne Moss

Mercy Graves - Parker Posey

Morgan Edge - Malcoln MacDowell

Brainiac - Paul Bettany

Directed by Spike Jonze from a Screenplay by Damon Lindelof

Jon Hamm for Clark/Superman
6a00d834518cc969e200e55yc1.jpg

Carla Gugino for Lois Lane
carlaguginosexyrd7.jpg

Mark Strong for Lex Luthor
2817vneosnd9.jpg

Neal McDonough for Brainiac
nealmcdonoughthumbnailjj8.jpg

Hmmmmh! INTERESTING. I must say, I'm intrigued.

Composer- Michael Giacchino
Lex Luthor- Clancy Brown
Superman- John Hamm
Director- J.J Abrams
Dan Turpin- Robert DeNiro

lol Jon Hamm for Superman? He'd be 40-45 by the time a new Superman is filming...

lol Jon Hamm for Superman? He'd be 40-45 by the time a new Superman is filming...

Jon Hamm - he is a perfect example of Super 'man' and why it's best to go with a mature looking actor, he defintly looks the part. It's a shame he wasn't cast in Returns.

I feel an actor in a superman trilogy should start at say 35 and finish at 45.

Michael Strong looks perfect for Luthor.

Good choices

Jon Hamm - he is a perfect example of Super 'man' and why it's best to go with a mature looking actor, he defintly looks the part. It's a shame he wasn't cast in Returns.

I feel an actor in a superman trilogy should start at say 35 and finish at 45.

Michael Strong looks perfect for Luthor.

Good choices

Maybe WB should go with a more mature actor. Maybe not an unknown? Who knows? I still think Hugo Weaving should be cast as Brainiac if they do decide to use the character as one of the main villains!

brainiac-1.jpg

agent_smith_2.jpg

Maybe WB should go with a more mature actor. Maybe not an unknown? Who knows? I still think Hugo Weaving should be cast as Brainiac if they do decide to use the character as one of the main villains!

brainiac-1.jpg

agent_smith_2.jpg

I think he'd be a too 'obvious' choice for the role of brainiac and plus for me, i'd be like meh... not a good actor.. if i saw him ina film, but that's my opinion, to be fair i don't even like the brainiac idea with a body.. i think his face should appear on screens, made up of tiny images.... like a picture moisac and the images could consist of the worlds evil dictators or terrible events... as if to denote a computer or A.I and connotates evil and on a level with other dangerous world leaders.

For composer, I'd go with Hans Zimmer, and as the director, Edward Zwick. As for the cast a try restart, and I'd go back to the beginning. My cast, and a bit of how I'd present the characters below:

Superman/Clark Kent-Robbie Amell (he's 21 and 6'1)
RobbieAmell03.jpg

Lois Lane-Emmy Rossum
Emmy_Rossum%2BNov_10_2008.jpg

I'd have Lois only at the Daily Planet for a couple of years but she's already made big splashes with her articles and uncovering plots from Intergang. Her biggest story will be the inevitable Superman interview

Perry White-Martin Sheen
9xmed1dry4q11drx.jpg

I'd play Perry as a tough but fair Editor whose considering retirement reasoning that he's seen it all, and the thrill is gone as nothing surprises him anymore. Until our boy in blue shoes up of course.

Lex Luthor,-Timothy Olyphant
timothy-olyphant-picture-1.jpg

A suave and ruthless business man who is Metropolis favorite son, at least when the film starts. It was his performance in the Girl Next Door that sold me on him for this role, not the fact that he was bald in Hitman

Mercedes "Mercy" Graves-Michelle Rodriguez
michelle-rodriguez-lost1.jpg

Lex's personal assistant and chief advisor whose reltionship to Lex seems to be more than just coworkers

Jimmy Olsen-Dustin Milligan
66678_dustin-milligan-hits-the-red-carpet-for-the-cw-sept-2006.jpg

A young upstart photo journalist with a promising career, Very confident behind the lens, but lacks it when not hidden behind the camera.

Prof Emil Hamilton-Donald Sutherland
donald.jpg

Great actor, and looks the part

Rudy Jones/The Parasite-Evan Jones
evan-jones-2.jpg

A petty criminal who is currently working as a janitor at Star Labs. when an accident turns him into the power sucking Parasite

Brainiac-Arnold Vosloo (For the inevitable sequel teaser ending)
CD9330204-FB.jpg

Jor-el-Tim Daly
tim3.jpg

Morre sense thata younger man than Brando would have a new born babyt, and he'd be a nice easter egg for the die hard fans like us

Last edited:
continued

Bruno Manheim-Tony Sirico
14272167-14272170-large.jpg

Lt Maggie Sawyer-Mariska Hargitay
People_Mariska_Hargitay_NYE285x384.JPG

Dan "Terrible" Turpin-Dan Lauria
Dan%20Lauria-ALO-059655.jpg

Cat Grant-Brittany Snow
brittany_snow.jpg

Lana Lang-Danielle Panabaker
danielle-panabaker.jpg

Last edited:
Jon Hamm only work as Clark Kent/Superman in The Dark Knight Returns movie.

Jon Hamm only work as Clark Kent/Superman in The Dark Knight Returns movie.

I agree. Also, if WB wanted to do a "Kingdom Come" version of Superman then, yeah, Jon Hamm would certainly fit the bill. As for a modern Superman, no.

I'm fine with what we've seen in Man of Steel, as for the characters we haven't seen...

Jimmy Olsen: Lucas Cruikshank

Supergirl: Amber Heard

Superboy: Kodi Smit-Mcphee

Lex Luthor: Leonardo DiCaprio

Bizarro: Kevin Durand

Brainiac: Hayden Christensen. No, seriously.

Livewire: Ellen Page

Doomsday: Andrew Bryniarski

Metallo: Damian Lewis

Mercy Graves: Anna Kendrick

Toy Man: Seth Green

Darkseid: Clancy Brown

Granny Goodness: Kathy Bates

Parasite: Jason Lee

Mr. Mxyzptlk: Warwick Davis

Lobo: Karl Urban

Lol. I really lol at this thread. But, I'm being 100% serious here.

The way to do a proper reboot:

Directors: Wachowski brothers
Superman: Keanu Reeve
Composer: Danny Elfman (or the "John Williams/Jerry Goldsmith" of our time)

Additional: Have someone oversee Wachowski's work. I didn't really like the childish spagheti scene in Speed Racer, or the confusing overlap between Speed and his brother in the starting sequence (didn't really get that scene until another rewatch). Other than that, I thought Speed Racer was visually stunning and well done, albeit the plot was a little thin...

Also, don't let the Wachowskis repeat anything Matrixy. They've been overdone. The Wachowskis are good at creating something new though...

Next, Speed Racer didn't flop at the box office b/c of the Wachowskis, it flopped b/c everyone already knew the plot (even if they haven't watched the original TV show), how it would end: Speed will win the race. Same like Cloud Atlas, nobody could relate to the type of story presented. But, everyone can relate to Superman, and everyone can relate to the Matrix. It's like Disney always wanted to do Star Wars (Toy Story 2, Tron Legacy anyone?) and now they gots the chance(s). The Wachowskis always wanted to do "Superman", give them the chance and it could turn out spectacular! They changed the industry with "bullettime" and rippling glass before it shatters. I am certain they will revolutionize a Superman reboot.

Additionally, why I loved Speed Racer so much, even though box office suffered and got mixed reviews: That scene at the end where Racer X goes, "If I did make a mistake, it's a decission I have to live with." Wow! The way the camera pans around Racer X, freezes, then unfreezes to deliver his line, that's art man! 25 stars over 10 stars. We need to see more revolutionary stuff like this in film-making (and a Superman reboot). Ang Lee tried to have the different-camera-angle-picture-in-picture in a few scenes in Hulk. That is something I will always appreciate, not being afraid to try something new or different...

Lastly, I would hate to see a mostly CGI Superman. I'd rather they green screen Keanu... Also, I hate explitcitly sexual content (Matrix 2 + 3). This movie should be rated PG not X.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"