Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Very glad they got rid of blocking and place a greater emphasis on acrobatics in combat. Blocking in the SoT trilogy really made for some boring moments in combat where I'd be standing there waiting for enemies to attack.

The single sword kind of sucks, though. I always loved finding some hidden passage and stumbling upon a brand new sword in the earlier games. An XP/upgrade system is no replacement for the joy of finding something new.

The magic powers sound awesome. The ability to affect the environment should create some interesting new experiences. Sure as hell beats the passive "run to colored plate, activate, watch pretty animation" powers from the previous game.

Well if they are going to remove the block, i hope there are some counter's with some cool kill animations. Loved that in Warrior Within.

It sounds like you're going to be using dodges and powers more than counters. But to be honest, as long as I can still run up a dude's front, flip around, and cleave him in twain, I'll be happy. :awesome:

I'm not gonna lie though, the one on one in PoP:08 when you fight the Shah is incredible. Immagine the AA style fighting and include a trigger for blocking and the other trigger for specials and we have a winning control set for specified combat modes for one-v-one boss battles (which I know won't happen, but I can dream dammit!)

I think pretty much everyone did.
I'm not gonna lie though, the one on one in PoP:08 when you fight the Shah is incredible. Immagine the AA style fighting and include a trigger for blocking and the other trigger for specials and we have a winning control set for specified combat modes for one-v-one boss battles (which I know won't happen, but I can dream dammit!)
Meh, one-on-one fights bored the living hell out of me in the '08 PoP. Bring on the baddies, I say--the more the merrier. I like that the Prince can't block and has to stay mobile if he wants to survive. Makes sense for the character (who's technically just a really agile dude against mystical super-badasses) and sounds like a lot of fun to play.

I didnt like the full on emo Prince in WW but going in that direction made sense considering what happened in the first game. I think this game is going to nail it tho. Saying that he's not quite that same happy go lucky dude from SoT but he's not full on emo is, imo, the right direction. Having the same individual from SoT would be out of place considering the story.

I know its really early to be thinking of sequels, but i hope they can continue with this Prince. I mean i enjoyed the Prince of Persia lead, but the Sands of Time's Prince was much, much better.

Ideally, I'd want the Sands of Time Prince back. He was charming and hilarious. But I guess it makes sense for him to lose his sense of humor over time after all that crap.

I wasn't a fan of the '08 Prince at all. In fact, he kind of made me hate Elika a little bit for actually falling for him, and I quite liked Elika overall.

Ideally, I'd want the Sands of Time Prince back. He was charming and hilarious. But I guess it makes sense for him to lose his sense of humor over time after all that crap.

I wasn't a fan of the '08 Prince at all. In fact, he kind of made me hate Elika a little bit for actually falling for him, and I quite liked Elika overall.

Yea, that why i loved Sands of Time, that character was perfect in that game, but considering how things went, i didnt expect him to return for future installments.

Compared to the past Prince, i hated the Prince from PoP 08. Actually i didnt care for much of anybody in that game. I didnt care for that game much at all really. I mean i liked the visual style of it and it was fun at parts, but it was poor compared to the last trilogy.

I liked it up until the power plates showed up. That was just a really bland and boring implementation of pretty power usage at the expense of actual gameplay to me. I'm generally not a fan of games' taking the protagonist out of my control so they can show me the cool stuff the character can do; aren't I supposed to be doing the cool stuff the character can do? That's why I'm not a fan of QTEs, either.

I liked it up until the power plates showed up. That was just a really bland and boring implementation of pretty power usage at the expense of actual gameplay to me. I'm generally not a fan of games' taking the protagonist out of my control so they can show me the cool stuff the character can do; aren't I supposed to be doing the cool stuff the character can do? That's why I'm not a fan of QTEs, either.

IMO, there wasnt a lot of control to be had. Even wall running was just a quick button push then you let the animation play out. If any game can feel like it has training wheels on it, it was Prince of Persia 2008.

True. I guess I didn't notice that part as much because it'd been a long time since I played the earlier PoP games where you have to do more stuff on your own. But I'm gonna buy them on Steam and play through them again before The Forgotten Sands comes out. I barely even remember the story. :o

Anyone who might be interested in the Wii version of this might be interested in this:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/24/prince-of-persia-snes-included-with-the-forgotten-sands-on-wii/

Which Prince of Persia game features "superb graphic detail and incredibly fluid animation" and "more thrills than a saber duel with a thousand sultans"? If you answered, "Ubisoft's Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands," you'd ... well, you'd probably be right. But that text first appeared on the SNES box of 1992's Prince of Persia, an enhanced port of Jordan Mechner's original vizier vanquish-'em-up.

Nintendo announced at its San Francisco media event today that the SNES game will be included in the Wii version of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, which is slated for release on May 18. Earlier this month, rumors suggested that Prince of Persia Classic -- a direct remake of the original game, initially released on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network -- would be included in The Forgotten Sands. Instead, Wii owners get classic Prince of Persia exclusively.

Don't fret too much about the platforms, though. You're probably in for more thrills than a saber duel with a thousand sultans no matter what.

So, yeah...

I overall liked the new Prince. He did seem like a bit of a jerk and not as charismatic in the beginning but he grew alot over the course of the game and got some good character development. I think the end of the game, he really developed a good appreciation and bond with Eleka and their relationship was one of the highlights of that game's story. I found him funny and the fact that she was a more serious, spiritual person, made them such a good dynamic match bc they played off each other well

I found it kind of tragically compelling that he literally [blackout]damned the world for her[/blackout], but I never particularly liked him as a character.

I found it kind of tragically compelling that he literally [blackout]damned the world for her[/blackout], but I never particularly liked him as a character.
I think that was the plan though. I think they were intending to create him such a polar opposite direction than where tehy wanted to take him. He already started to change by the end of the game. I think they were envisioning this as a series with him being quite different as the games went by. I saw it as an opposite direction as they took with the PoP prince, who started off light hearted, and likeable and got darker in the sequel

Nice. I just hate the face they have for him now. His face looks too cartoony.

I'm just downloaded the gameplay doc on xbox live. Good to see a pleasing return to the Sand of Time scene. Warrior Within was a personal favourite of mine and easily on top of all the things that make action adventure games so good.

In regards to the new Prince's face, I was a little uneven at first, but his face and whole look is vey quickly growing on me. The combat seems like action again instead of a puzzle battle, and the detail is brilliant.

Also noticed the element abilities, which look like another reason to fall in love with this series all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"