Prince of Persia (remake)

Reaction score
Following a retailer leak a few weeks ago, it seems Ubisoft might be ready to show off a Prince of Persia remake soon.
The second Ubisoft Forward stream has been confirmed for September 10, and it might feature the return of a dormant franchise. According to a report, a Prince of Persia remake will be announced during the event next week.

Bloomberg's Jason Schreier mentioned in the latest episode of the Triple Click podcast (via Video Games Chronicle) that the remake will be featured in the upcoming stream, after previously leaking a few weeks ago. Schreier offered no additional details on what the remake might entail but did mention that it would be one of a few new games announced at the event.
Prince Of Persia Remake Might Be Announced At Ubisoft Forward, Rumor Suggests

I prefer Ubisoft to churn out a new Assassin's Creed game annually (with few breaks inbetween) than resurrecting this ip. However, this is the type of game I would be interested to play. So I see myself getting this and I gotta buy something else from Ubisoft aside from Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed. I hope it looks neXt gen and features gameplay next Thursday rather just a Cinematic piece.

Last edited:
Hope it's good. Would be really frustrating to wait all these years for another Prince of Persia game and it's merely mediocre.

I haven't played a Prince of Persia game (I only saw the movie and I can't even remember that now). Looking at the gameplay of the 2010 game, which still looks ok though a bit dated, there's a lot of jumping and puzzles. I'm intrigued how Ubisoft is going to be make it "2020s" and if they are going to make it open world or semi open world. Personally, I don't want to buy a game for the ps4/5 that I can finish under 10 hours unless its for franchise that I already liked or its in a collection disc. I bet this wouldn't be a linear game especially with Ubisoft's recent games.

I consider Sands of Time still the best in the franchise. I hope the remake is in that vein with a mythical fantasy tone.

I never really got attached to the Sands of Time games. The first game was kinda plain and so was the protagonist. I've played the sequels, but never completed them. Hopefully a new PoP story and protagonist will be more interesting.

I also wouldn't mind more throwbacks to the original game with the types of traps, human enemies and those skeletons etc.

I hope the camera is similar to God of War 2018 or the Assassin's Creed games, the old ol third person.

It's a remake of the first in the trilogy or the whole trilogy together?

A remake? *Sigh*. Hopefully it includes the sequels at least. I don't see them go the next five or more years just releasing the same trilogy in stages.

The graphics don't look all that great either and we're on the cusp of the next generation of consoles.

Remakes of the games could be awesome but I'd rather just have remasters and released like the Mafia games

Remakes of the games could be awesome but I'd rather just have remasters and released like the Mafia games
Creating a new name to post while on probation is against the rules. Your original name is now perma banned and this name is now on probation until 12/31/20.

The ratios on a couple Ubisoft's own channels are not looking great. They're getting a lot of criticism over the graphics.

I do think it's odd that they release a trailer looking this bad as well as demonstrating they've remade the game as opposed to just making a HD version, yet it still looks like this. I'm not confident this will look polished upon release.

What really bugs me though is it's yet another re-release of a game I just feel is so bland. The Prince isn't a compelling character, his love interest is forgettable and once I was done with the game I felt no desire to replay it. I also find the contrivance for no human enemies annoying with these games.

It's just such a shame that we've had to wait this long for a new Prince of Persia and all we get is repackaged old content. Then if this game does well enough we'll have to wait as they trot out the sequel remakes or if it fails then the franchise goes quiet again. Either way we'll be waiting years for anything innovative.

I'm honestly surprised by how much hate there is, I actually really like the cartoony looking stylized art style. Not every game needs to be some hyper-realistic looking masterpiece of amazing graphics. Then again, I've never played these games either, they've always been on my radar but I've never gotten around to playing them. Will definitely keep my eye on this.

Its not even cartoony. Phenix Rising and Fortnite - these are obvious games with a cartoony graphic style. While this one, just looks like a bad remaster of a 2003 game. The 2003 game also didnt have a cartoony style. At that time, it was on par with other 2003 games with "photo realistic" graphics. This remake doesn't look like a remake and it looks absolutely dated for a remake coming out in 2021. The fact that its not even coming out in Ps5/Series X, makes me wonder if they didnt put much effort or budget into this remake.

To be fair, the remake is being made by Ubisoft Pune/Mumbai so the teams are probably less experienced/talented (they have to learn the new AC engine). Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a low budget for this remake...

Yeah especially I thought maybe Ubisoft is going tojump on the bandwagon of big recent remakes like Final Fantasy 7 and Resident Evil 2 and revive one of their older ips. I thought it could look as big as the most recent Assassin's Creed game.... but this doesn't even look better than the Ezio Collection that came out in ps4. Just baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"