proto-Superman costume? (post some concepts if you want)

yea i also like the jacket/pants version on the far right that is blue with red streaks in with the blue boots.

Thanx Webhead2006, I tryed with those suits to get a more "Smallville/GA's JL" kinda feel and try and move away from the iconic Superman suit. I feel it's a upgrade on the red/blue jacket Clark's wearing atm :)

:im: Baggers :im:

While I like the black Kryptonian look being mentioned, I really think it's the wrong route to go at this point. As seen in "Identity", the Planet is getting reports of a "red/blue blur". By giving Clark a costume that doesn't incorporate those colors, the world has a new mystery hero on their hands. It just makes sense to keep the colors, and have a quick and easy red/blue getup he can switch into. Eliminate the red/blue jackets, give him this "proto-costume" and have him wear suits (which he's started to) regularly at the Planet. This way, when he finally switches over to the full Superman suit and reveals himself to the world, it would be known that it was Supes who was the mystery hero the whole time.

I don't think there is a way to give him a proto Superman costume without it looking forced.

call me crazy, but isnt the "protosuperman costume" the blue shirt and red jacket he always wears?

call me crazy, but isnt the "protosuperman costume" the blue shirt and red jacket he always wears?

No, that's more of an allusion to the superman costume.

drewblom_superman_forweb.jpg

that would be awsome in something like the marvel 1602 universe.

That looks like something out of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

superman feety pyjamas

Not a fan of my concept ideas are you then dru-zod2501 ;) lol

Always felt like Kon-El's costume could always work with Clark (maybe instead of the black t-shirt the blue would be more Clark's look and also fit more in with the red-blue blur)...but was also a big fan of this look of Kon-El's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Reign_superboy.jpg (without the leather jacket of course) :)

project13 loving your idea btw, it works loving the idea and look of the suit good job matey :up: :)

I decided to go back & revise my latest Welling manip & try a few different thing's. I already had something to work off from my previous manip so this time it made it a bit easier. Let me know what you think?

Steve

pretty sweet but the jockstrap red trunks look a little to festish like. So change that and it would be pretty good.

A very quick concept I did last night. Enjoy.

ufrd.jpg

I like this actually. But if you made the red on the elbows go up to meet the red on the shoulders, on the outside of the arm (to stop it from looking like elbow pads) and made the red in the groin cut like normal supes trunks (because of what I call the 'massive dong' effect), it'd be pretty good. And it might work without a cape after those adjustments.

Superfreak, if we could remove the cape and turn him 360 degrees the design from the elbows does connect with the shoulders. Since this was a quick design I didn't have time for a side and back view but the red connects via the back all the way down to the legs. Without the cape his back would still appear red as if the cape were still there. If I have time one day I'll do a side and back for you.
The "briefs" are extended #1 because I don't care for the outside undies look and #2 I was trying to accomplish a "loin cloth" look without the actual loin cloth.

looks cool though it needs brighter colors way to dark/maroon like which i hated in the SR suit and never want to see those colors on supes again.

supermanmetropolisbygui.jpg

Keep the classic Suit!, IMO Superman suit should never be reinvented or have slight alteration on the suit . Unlike the other Heroes who wear tights who might have many sorts of variation of suits for different type of purposes (example BATMAN). They look good, But for Superman the simple (Red & Blue tights with the S on the chest & cape) is just iconic that changing it doesn't give it the same iconic type of feeling. (with the exseption of his Black Kryptonian outfit that he wore when he returned from the dead in the comics) that was Superb !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"