proto-Superman costume? (post some concepts if you want)

the classic suit wouldn't really work in the Smallville world, IMO. It definitely needs some updating for the show.

How about this:

supermanyaso4rh8.jpg

This seems doable.

Yeah, it does and shares a similar approach with the other Justice League members.

yea in smallville's world that would be a decent look for early superman.

A very quick concept I did last night. Enjoy.
ufrd.jpg
Well, I do like this. Maybe not the entire idea, but the idea for the trunk is a good idea, at least far better than no trunks at all.

Anyway, the more I think about Smallville the less I think a long coat should be used. I think the cape should be a real cape. Maybe the last piece. While some of us think the black suit is a good idea, I think this idea could be changed into a real red and blue suit, but without the cape.
I've read recently my issues of All star Superman and I was thinking, does anyone remember Zibarro ? He wears kind of a jacket / kind of a cape. Could be an idea. If someone has the skills or the time to do it. what do you think ?

Well, I do like this. Maybe not the entire idea, but the idea for the trunk is a good idea, at least far better than no trunks at all.

Anyway, the more I think about Smallville the less I think a long coat should be used. I think the cape should be a real cape. Maybe the last piece. While some of us think the black suit is a good idea, I think this idea could be changed into a real red and blue suit, but without the cape.
I've read recently my issues of All star Superman and I was thinking, does anyone remember Zibarro ? He wears kind of a jacket / kind of a cape. Could be an idea. If someone has the skills or the time to do it. what do you think ?

Now that we know Season nine is definite I think we will see a more traditional suit probably from Jor-el or maybe the MM now that he sees Clark is finally ready and reveals he had the "uniform" his father created. And since it was his father's last request it may make him revaluate his stance on costumes. But hopefully w/o the tights.:word:

WTF? If Kal-El had landed in Scotland??? One of those might be the El family tartan, but there ought to be a kilt.

"Out of all the kilts in this world, you had to get sewn into these two..."

Name change: Kilt-El.

A very quick concept I did last night. Enjoy.

ufrd.jpg

I really like this costume and don't see why something along these lines couldn't be used in Smallville if they can't use the classic suit. But if they never use any type of suit in the series I hope DC/WB allows them to at least use the classic suit in the last shot of the series. I just think that if they have Tom come running out of the Daily Planet and rip his shirt open and reveal the sheild would be awesome.

WTF? If Kal-El had landed in Scotland??? One of those might be the El family tartan, but there ought to be a kilt.

"Out of all the kilts in this world, you had to get sewn into these two..."

Name change: Kilt-El.
just something I came across it in a search, and thought it was funny, (obviously not a real suggest, just in case that wasn't clear) but, Clark being a farm boy, who use to wear a lot of flannel, or would probably have a lot of old flannel shirts around, when trying to make his costume (maybe, ever wanting to include something of his father's, using some of his old shirts)
it seemed like something, this Clark would make

actually the red part looks like the same pattern as the shirt he ware on his first day at the daily planet
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1561/smallvilleep802plastiqu.jpg

if anything, I was thinking, maybe they'd have one of those scenes were he's trying on different suits, maybe modeling them Chloe, and he come out like that, she's be like "WTF?", he'd be like "what's wrong flannel" lol

Last edited:
Someone did this over at CBR hope this works

supermanredesign2.jpg

we already know were getting the sr suit with minor alterations. no need for these prototype suits.

We no that in the end but what if like episode two we see a proto suit introduced and used for most of the season and he keeps getting complaints so near the end he goes to close to an original for the finale.

actually no the sr suit is just a prop as its been said. Though yea it probably will end up mostly like the Sr suit. Which i wished it wasnt. But we will have to see when ever it will be on clark.

We no that in the end but what if like episode two we see a proto suit introduced and used for most of the season and he keeps getting complaints so near the end he goes to close to an original for the finale.

Did I call it or what even the episode was right:D

vlcsnap4064392.png

vlcsnap4064456.png

vlcsnap4064556.png

vlcsnap4064623.png

I love it! :D

Although I think there might be one more tweak in the middle like episode 10 or something and then the final two or three episodes full on costume.

It seems the new season is just going for broke with the big reveals in every episode.

Feels like the whole season might be Clark experimenting or like Ramone said, tweaking with the final suit nead the end.

Someone did this over at CBR hope this works

supermanredesign2.jpg

Ha, that's my picture, still haven't finished coloring it yet though. Glad you liked it. I also posted it in the Superman thread Costume section.

Oh that's yours well finish it up all ready and show me a full body one i'm interested how you did the boots. You know I had this great idea for a superboy costume I hate the tshirt thing how often do you draw?

Oh that's yours well finish it up all ready and show me a full body one i'm interested how you did the boots. You know I had this great idea for a superboy costume I hate the tshirt thing how often do you draw?

Thanks, yeah i need to finish it up. I don't draw as often as i'd like anymore. This image was just me trying to add something to the Superman reboot costume thread and it works in a script i was working on. Here's what the full costume looks like from my design stage when i was trying to figure out everything:

supes02.jpg

supes03.jpg

^^^ Same designs minus the piping. One day i'll finish it up. I'm pretty sure i would rework the belt and the boots.

This is a 'prototype' outfit for Clark I did a while back based on what I thought it might look like if Green Arrow's tailor tossed in his 2 cents.

It is essentially just a picture of Hancock's outfit doctored to look more 'Superman like'

It's supposed to be a wallpaper so its quite big..

Smallville___Prototype_Suit_V2_by_B_El.jpg

Isn't actually that far off his current outfit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"