Punisher script review

Just Morg being his usual hitler self.

Who knows what script is the one being reviewed because there are several different ones. Don't forget they also had the writers of the '04 Punsiher, Smallville, Prison Break, Collateral, The Shield, and the final two from Iron Man work on the script as well. About seven writers touched the script. Now I can see how they needed to bring in Holloway and Marcum to rework and fix the script. Then again this isn't a movie that needs an Oscar caliber script. Just give me a good solid action packed extremely violent Punisher flick that blows the other two versions away.:unishr:

Its the John Dahl script. No doubt about it.

Marcum & Holloway from what I understand just recently finished their final draft this month...right? Wasn't the one in July the one Jane supposedly walked from.

Yeah, don't you roll your eyes at me newbie.

Marcum & Holloway from what I understand just recently finished their final draft this month...right? Wasn't the one in July the one Jane supposedly walked from.

No. Jane walked away from Hesliegh's draft. Hesleigh couldn't write the character correctly much less deliver a solid, worthy script.

Yeah, don't you roll your eyes at me newbie.

And that has anything to do with this discussion?

Some people here are qualified to call me a newbie. Not you. You barely have anything past 900+. I could obtain that number within eight days of being here. :hyper:

No. Jane walked away from Hesliegh's draft. Hesleigh couldn't write the character correctly much less deliver a solid, worthy script.

Jane did NOT walk away from Hensleigh's draft. They walked away together when they took it away from Hensleigh. They're close friends bud.

Some people here are qualified to call me a newbie. Not you. You barely have anything past 900+. I could obtain that number within eight days of being here. :hyper:

When someone comes here with barely 10 posts and isn't established here they shouldn't expect that nobody will question your crediblity.

When someone comes here with barely 10 posts and isn't established here they shouldn't expect that nobody will question your crediblity.

Oh. I know. Regardless, someone shouldn't use the excuse of being a newbie to justify an opinion. They might have taken the film away from Hesleigh, but that man can't do the character correctly. I'm inclined to think that Alexander wrote her own script, turned it in, and then had it revised by Sutter/Marcum/Holloway. Still, a lot of her draft will remain as she wants majority of the credit and probably wants to see as much of her draft contained.

You take things a little too personal. You can get 900 posts in a week but what would that be proving? A nonexistent social life?

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, a review to an old script.

At least it sounds like they're still adapting the first issue of In The Beginning. Hopefully they keep the same monologue from the comics.

You take things a little too personal. You can get 900 posts in a week but what would that be proving? A nonexistent social life?

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, a review to an old script.

At least it sounds like they're still adapting the first issue of In The Beginning. Hopefully they keep the same monologue from the comics.

The script isn't old. Its just not current.

Not only are there four writers on it already but she's written one herself or rewritten it? Or are people just full of ****?

She has been a writer on her previous films, I guess its good to see her involved on this one. As long as its not her draft that gets turned in for the shooting script. Only because this one doesn't sound so good.

I would like to state for a record that newbie definition does not only take post count into consideration. Join date is a key (if not the key) factor.

The script isn't old. Its just not current.

You're correct and one thing for being on these boards has taught me... it won't change that much.

I read the X3 script almost 6 months before production began, and the writers promised things had changed but it hadn't.

I read Resident Evil: Extinction script, it was the same.... Read the Halloween script, minor changes mostly all still there, read Alien VS. Predator, and Ghostrider. They all remained the same despite being promised re-writes -- which I am sure DID occur, but really not much changed. I EVEN read the new Escape from New York - and I bet almost nothing changes there too.

Yes some stuff is going to change, but the general format and mold for the movie Lionsgate and Marvel want to make is already set.

Reading this review it is clear some of the stuff has in fact changed, nothing about the terrorist plot was mentioned, a lot of stuff simply wasn't mentioned.... the arcade, the informant, microchip.. I mean some stuff is still absent from this draft, but it's likely the story will flow almost the exact same and minor changes will occur.

Also, that being said, the things the reviewer dislikes about the script are mostly things that he would also say if he read a punisher comic - so I am not really sure what he is looking for.

I lost faith when I read that Punisher would feel guilty of the death of a cop. And did I just read that Nicky is going to be a detective? There are two many villains.

Why wouldn't he feel guilty accidently killing a cop? The whole reason for his existence is because of what happened to him.

I don't buy that the Punisher would kill a cop. He does so much prep and recon and intelligence that he would know everything about everyone in that room.

You're correct and one thing for being on these boards has taught me... it won't change that much.

I read the X3 script almost 6 months before production began, and the writers promised things had changed but it hadn't.

I read Resident Evil: Extinction script, it was the same.... Read the Halloween script, minor changes mostly all still there, read Alien VS. Predator, and Ghostrider. They all remained the same despite being promised re-writes -- which I am sure DID occur, but really not much changed. I EVEN read the new Escape from New York - and I bet almost nothing changes there too.

Yes some stuff is going to change, but the general format and mold for the movie Lionsgate and Marvel want to make is already set.

Reading this review it is clear some of the stuff has in fact changed, nothing about the terrorist plot was mentioned, a lot of stuff simply wasn't mentioned.... the arcade, the informant, microchip.. I mean some stuff is still absent from this draft, but it's likely the story will flow almost the exact same and minor changes will occur.

Also, that being said, the things the reviewer dislikes about the script are mostly things that he would also say if he read a punisher comic - so I am not really sure what he is looking for.

The terrorist plot is still very much in the script. Billy mentioned that to the Don right before he gets his head sliced off. (Billy, Pitsy, Nicky and a few others run off to a glass factory. During that time, one of officers beside Soap steps into another room and see's the Punisher exiting. He puts his gun down and throws the keys to him. His reason was because Castle could do a much better job at wrangling Russo. So - Frank uses the FBI car to drive to the factory).

I lost faith when I read that Punisher would feel guilty of the death of a cop. And did I just read that Nicky is going to be a detective? There are two many villains.

But he's the Punisher. In order to have a large body count you're going to have to give him a lot of bad guys to kill.

I don't buy that the Punisher would kill a cop. He does so much prep and recon and intelligence that he would know everything about everyone in that room.

I think they had in mind that if they made him accidently kill a cop, they'd be giving it more realism. I'm not sure I like it though but that's because we're use to a Punisher like the one you said. The one who step into a room and kills dozens of mobsters then leaves with all innocents in there left still alive.

But he's the Punisher. In order to have a large body count you're going to have to give him a lot of bad guys to kill.

Maybe I'm being too fanboyish but I wannna see a high body count frag fest, not how Frank comes to terms with his feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"