Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

BpZO5lC.jpg

She looks spot on!

Different turtleneck!!!

I'm boycotting this film.

I think we will all be surprised at the limited amount the Tate tragedy actually plays into the story Q is telling with this film.

Not me. I have been saying that since the beginning. Also, notice how that Margot pic ain't of her with a baby bump. Quentin can be a lot of things, but he loves this period of hollywood, he is going to do it right.

Not me. I have been saying that since the beginning. Also, notice how that Margot pic ain't of her with a baby bump. Quentin can be a lot of things, but he loves this period of hollywood, he is going to do it right.

This. He is likely gonna make this his most overt "movie about the movies" since Basterds. Pitt and Leo are front and center no doubt and their characters are in the biz.

Usually all the over the top, almost cartoonish violent deaths in his movies pretty much solely happens to bad people (Hitler and various Nazis in Inglourious Basterds, some of the Hateful Eight, damn near all of the bad guys in Django). I don't think he'll be showing the murders in this film. At least not explicitly.

I think it could go one of two ways:

A flat out scene depicting the murders, kind of like the Red Wedding in GoT, with a little Kill Bill with the cartoonish stuff, or it could be like a quick flashback scene whenever the characters bring it up kind of like in Django when he was asked about the slave owners and he remembered getting whipped and stuff.

But for Tate’s sister to sign off on it, he probably won’t go the explicit route.

I'm most looking forward to seeing Damian Lewis as Steve McQueen, if only because it's an inspired bit of casting I wouldn't have thought of.

This is very highly antitpcated. Everything looks awesome so far.

This. He is likely gonna make this his most overt "movie about the movies" since Basterds. Pitt and Leo are front and center no doubt and their characters are in the biz.

I mean yeah we create k own the basic setup with their characters since before they were cast. Leo is a TV Western actor hoping to break into movies. Pitt is his stunt man.

Because it's Tarantino, you just know he personally picked each and every movie poster you'll see in the background of the movie.

I think this is my most anticipated Quentin Tarantino film since I've known him and his work. Certainly glad he is not doing another western again.

I think this is my most anticipated Quentin Tarantino film since I've known him and his work. Certainly glad he is not doing another western again.

It might be mine too. I was excited for Django Unchained and Inglourious Basterds but my hype level didn't really start for those until I saw the first trailers. This one I'm excited as hell for and we're still a little less than a year out from release.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I love his films but this one seems to be special. Incredible cast, a time period that fits his style, an ode to Old and New Hollywood films, and a return to Los Angeles. Also, Tarantino stating that this is the closest film to Pulp Fiction makes me think this will be one of his best.

I was just thinking the same thing.

And it's no disrespect to Django or Hateful 8 or even Basterds. But something about this one is just electrifying to me. It's the setting/period, I imagine. Especially in his hands.

Happy for Samantha, even if it is this movie, now let's just get Anna Biller a new film

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"