Question about prototypes and such

Drago

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys, I mentioned this in the X3 figure thread but figured it would be better to throw it out there for everyone

How do prototype figures work? Are they the regular versions we eventually see, different in scale, color, etc.?

I ask because for X2 they had a series 3 that they cancelled the very last second- besides another Wolverine figure and another Nightcrawler figure, it included Colossus, Deathstrike, and I believe Pyro. So is there anyway to get a hold of those type of things if they never made it to store shelves?

i've seen prototypes go on ebay for ridiculous prices. Prototypes probably vary by company. Some just do sculpts, some do sculpts plus paint them. And i'm sure some sculpt and never paint the original and probably make new sculpts to give different paint apps ect.

I think from what I've seen, Toybiz prototypes get made up of different colors of plastic and are the same as a regular figure, just unpainted. They sometimes get out on ebay, but I don't think they're true "prototypes" that were the models that sculptors used and the higher ups probably looked at. I think they're just factory examples or something, bunches get made and tossed out or melted down. They have no more value than what people pay for them which is usually ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"