We're Reforming Wolverine And The X-men: The Official Action Figure Line from Hasbro

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
Hey guys, now that the toy line is no longer a question, and we are getting figures, this will our thread for all talk and discussion of the action figure series for the show by Hasbro.

Some info from Fwoosh.com from master figure customizer, atgscl:

I just found out from my friend who lives in Hong Kong that the figures for the animates series are indeed 4". He said he saw some figures loose in a flea market and said they were similar looking style wise to JLU figures. He also said they had very little articulation. Most had 5 or 6. (head, each arm, each leg, waist). There were lots of accessories that went with various figures. He remembered seeing Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Storm, Avalanche, Cyclops, and Magneto.

He isnt too familiar with MArvel characters but he identified those characters from pictures. He is usually pretty accurate with information so I believe him. I am glad that these many figures are being made but why so little POA? And why the hell is Avalanche getting a figure before some other worthy characters? He was only in like 3 episodes.

Atgscl also mentioned that the figures will be priced at $7.99 according to Wal-Mart computers.

Pictures:

Beast

Colossus

Avalanche

Wolverine

Wolverine - Back Card

Magneto

Cyclops

Iceman

Other confirmed characters to have figures:

Storm
Logan
Weapon X

Unconfirmed regular X-men characters that will need figures:

Emma Frost
Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
Nightcrawler
Angel
Rogue
Professor Xavier

Unconfirmed regular Brotherhood characters that will need figures:

Quicksilver
Domino
Blob
Mystique
Scarlet Witch
Polaris
Ultimate Toad

Other Marvels:

Nick Fury
The Hulk

Last edited:
Good news, I already plan on buying the Magneto figure... hopefully I will be able to fill out my collection with Scarlet With, Polaris, and Quicksilver with the second or third line.

Yikes, that 10" Wolvie is a little lugubrious.

is it just me or are they making these figures for young kids?
it seems that there not very move-able,like they have few joints.

x-men pro, well yeah, this is an animated show aimed at the 6-14 age group. I wouldn't really call this a collector themed ML type line.

Articulation. Well they appear to have knee and some even have torso articulation. Wolverine's shoulders look ball jointed, or maybe ball and socket.

Since they are going off of an animated style, they are kind of adapting that. I mean look at JLU and The Batman Figures, those didn't have a ton of articulation either, and I think they were fine. JLU did experiment with new articulation like knee and elbow joints but only for some of the big 7. All the knew characters would only have the basic 5.

These figures look to have more than the basic 5.

Wave one seems kind of...odd? I mean I'm all for another Avalanche figure but, really right off the bat? And Colossus, whose only in this season for about 30 seconds?

It seems they picked the ridiculously buff guys to start off with. And with only 4 per wave it seems (and you KNOW every wave will feature a battle damage wolverine, stealth wolverine, weapon x wolverine, wolverine in a hat...) we probably won't be seeing the adorable Kitty or monstrously top heavy Domino any time soon.

Ratcrawler, if the line is a success, I'm confident we will see a lot of characters if this wave is any indication.

Don't forget we are likely getting Cyclops, Magneto, and Storm soon as well.

YAYYYYYYYY!!! Thats so amazing!! I will buy them all! :D I hope they made a huge collection like the xmen 90 cartoon line!! :D or more larger collection as the jlu line!! :D

...and Firefighter Wolverine, and Snakeskin Wolverine and... LOL

Avalanche looks like it has the same articulation as that first ever Colossus figure from the early 90's with the lever on his back with the "lifting action." haha

Word, he does.

And now that I think about it, a Domino figure would just keep falling forward anyway...

haha whoever bags her is a lucky guy (or gal?) ;) :p

speaking of top heavy, I'm not a fan of the character design they did for Rogue in this series, especially when she has her signature jacket on. :csad:

Really? Most people seem to love this Rogue design except for her "see through hair" lol

haha and I'm actually liking the see through hair tho it doesnt make a whole lotta sense.

She's fine tho without the jacket. With it, like i said, she looks top heavy, broad shoulders and all.

It'd be funny if the used translucent plastic for Rogue's figure's hair.

I loove Rgue design!!! :D I hope they made her toy with remobable jacket and gloves :D

Yes Domino has boobs.

And that's ok :D .

It would be kind of hard to give an action figure removable gloves. I mean if another company made a larger size figure with a cloth costume they could do it yeah, or with an extra set of hands.

Thats a much cooler idea ;),
My concern is about a jean grey action figure, she wasnt show with a uniform (not even her usual phoenix suit) so I suposed she is out from the currents line until the second season in where I hope we see her with a new look (longer hair!!!)

I doubt they would be quick to release a Jean figure, especially since (1) female character and (2) she hasn't figured prominently in the series...yet.

It'd be funny if the used translucent plastic for Rogue's figure's hair.

How about white hair with painted-on eyes and eyebrow... :p

Toybiz's attempts at making Rogue action figures have never been successful... Monster Armor Rogue (Age of Apocalypse costume) with shoddy glued on mop-of-a-hair, Age of Apocalype Famous couples Gambit and Rogue which was just a repaint of Gen X White Queen, Streetfighter Rogue...which was a bit too manga for my taste, a tranny Marvel Legends Rogue...they've all had bad designs all around.

The only one I really liked was Power Slammers Rogue (Joe Mad-designed Shiar costume) but even then her hair blocked her face.

^Brings back memories of my action figure collecting days :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"