We're Reforming Wolverine And The X-men: The Official Action Figure Line from Hasbro

I'll wait for these in stores. But I appreciate the reviews and pictures because I definitely want to collect this series.

I'm not especially excited by the MU 4 inch series or the Wolverine comic/movie 4 inch series.

I like getting animated style figures in this scale. And I like how they articulated them without "breaking up" the figure as atgscl puts it. That was usually one of my main issues with ML. I think DCU uses articulation much better.

I don't care that the 4" scale isn't what I'm used to...I'm gonna make tons of customs anyway. I will begin by making more obscure characters that I know Hasbro won't give us. Then I'll go back and fill in the gaps after Hasbro reveals the first few series of figures.

Since I dont want to bombard this forum and others with my reviews of the figures I get and my customs and stuff, I decided I would make a site for the Wolverine and the X-men and Spectacuar Spiderman figures and stuff.

This is the link: www.animatedmarvels.webs.com

I will also be updating the site with news, and future releases of figures once they are announced. I will add Animated Avengers and Iron man Armored Adventures sections a bit later.

Join the site and you can submit your own customs, action pics, and have access to the forums. I will also be holding contests occasionally for customs, action pics, or whatever else I feel like.

100_2541.jpg

100_2548.jpg

100_2554.jpg

100_2556.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_2558.jpg

100_2567.jpg

I'd say the claws look stupid but I'd so get those if they were lifesized. I actually like this short Wolverine

I am freakin in love with that Wolverine and the X-men display!
Sucks they didn't show the rest of the first series...
and that Weapon X figure is from the Wolverine Origins movie line.

Sadly, the first series only consists of : Wolverine, Logan, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops, Magneto, Colossus, and Avalanche.

I'm curious to see more pics of that "Back Road Brawl" set ( link ), with what looks like Comic book Sabretooth and Wolverine complete with cowbow hat and cycle.

I've always thought that was Sabretooth's best look from the comics.

Edit: are those other two X-men Origins: Wolverine figures to the right, Walmart Exclusives since they have different boxes from the other two and theres a Walmart sticker?

Last edited:
Just FYI, it looks like Logan will have the same snap on claws as the standard Wolverine figure.

What I like most about the Wolverine atgscl pictured above, no stupid gimmicks or anything. Just the figure really and a great no claws popping out wolverine figure.

Quite often with a Wolverine figure you deal with messed up claws that are sculpted to his hands.

hahaha! i know! theyve sooo screwed up marvel legends! i cant stand the crap they made now!

back when it was toybiz you got a GREAT figure, with points of srticulation, a good paint job, a comic, and all the accessories, and only paid 8 bucks!

now i go to the store see a really ugly ass figure that will prolly break, with nothing in the box other than the figure, and it costs $13! wtf

hahaha! i know! theyve sooo screwed up marvel legends! i cant stand the crap they made now!

back when it was toybiz you got a GREAT figure, with points of srticulation, a good paint job, a comic, and all the accessories, and only paid 8 bucks!

now i go to the store see a really ugly ass figure that will prolly break, with nothing in the box other than the figure, and it costs $13! wtf

the price hike isnt Hasbro's fault. Its the great ol' Economy.
and FYI, they cost $10 at mosrt retailers.

I actually stopped collecting action figures just before Toybiz's Marvel Legends came out (i know...for shame right? :D) but i agree Hasbro's line has been nothing but a step down from quality and does not have a single saving quality to them.

That said, if these figures turn out to look like their prototypes...i actually might have to purchase some and actually start posing some toys at my work cube. :D

Some of the new Marvel Legends went on clearance at Target for about 6.98 for a while.

Magneto and Colossus seem to be missing from the promo shots. However, they are listed as being included in the Seires 1 case of 12 figures so they ARE in series 1.
Hasbro will probably release promp pics of the last two soon.

Kinda sucks about articulation on some of these guys. Iceman only has 5 poa and cyclops and avalanche are kind of lacking too without the thigh swivels or ball jointed legs.

hopefully future figures will be more consistent with articulation

Magneto and Colossus seem to be missing from the promo shots. However, they are listed as being included in the Seires 1 case of 12 figures so they ARE in series 1.
Hasbro will probably release promp pics of the last two soon.

Kinda sucks about articulation on some of these guys. Iceman only has 5 poa and cyclops and avalanche are kind of lacking too without the thigh swivels or ball jointed legs.

hopefully future figures will be more consistent with articulation

Ahh I see. Thanks. Ya, it's a shame there's no consistancy with the articulation. I had high hopes for these since I'm a big fan of the show. But they are presently looking like glorified Happy Meal toys. If Magento looks good, I may just end up picking him up.

Ahh I see. Thanks. Ya, it's a shame there's no consistancy with the articulation. I had high hopes for these since I'm a big fan of the show. But they are presently looking like glorified Happy Meal toys. If Magento looks good, I may just end up picking him up.
yeah, I feel the same way about some of them. Wolvy, Logan,Colossus, Beast, and Cyclops look pretty good but the others are severely lacking articulation.

Sadly, Magneto has a very few number of poa as well. I believe he has like 12. He has no elbow joints and doesn't have ball hips.

Iceman has six points with the waist joint. Don't care for the way his knees look stuck in that pre-pose.

Beast looks like he came out articulated fairly well. Don't like that his eyes are all white though.

Iceman has six points with the waist joint. Don't care for the way his knees look stuck in that pre-pose.

Beast looks like he came out articulated fairly well. Don't like that his eyes are all white though.

The final pics of Beast actually makes him look a lot better than the previous leaked images. But I'm still underwhelmed by him and most from this line. I guess I was spoiled by the X-Men Evolution figures a few years back.

The final pics of Beast actually makes him look a lot better than the previous leaked images. But I'm still underwhelmed by him and most from this line. I guess I was spoiled by the X-Men Evolution figures a few years back.
yeah, but remember the x-men evo figs were 6" and had much more room for articulation. With figures this small, it is sometimes hard to articulate thin limbs

GI JOE classic seems to do it OK these days.

However they aren't in the more angular animated style of this series.

GI JOE classic seems to do it OK these days.

However they aren't in the more angular animated style of this series.

yeah, but most Joes have thicker limbs than the Iceman figure or than any of the females will have if they are ever made. I fear that if/when the females are made, they will only have articulation at the head, waist swivel, shoulders (cuts), and leg (cuts) otherwise known as a t-crotch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"