Rate the Ant-Man teaser trailer

Would have been better if it had shown some Yellow Jacket in action also & actually gave away a little bit of the movies plot in the trailer. Hopefully the full official trailer will have that in it.

Bit of a "meh" trailer, nothing exciting to get me in the cinema to see it yet but maybe a full trailer will do that.

Nothing really stands out about it yet.

Never really cared for the character and was always more a fan of Wasp, so my expectations have been fairly low here. But it got me wanting to see more. The suit looks awesome, loved the self aware humor Rudd had.

3/5

Last edited:
Decent.Nothing to write home about.Given that AOU's trailer was so exceptional for a teaser,I expected more.But for a trailer it was "OK" I guess.

The trailer had nothing unique to give itself.

It met my expectations, which weren't high or low. The end line kinda made it better, because the name is the only thing about the movie and the character that's hard to get past. Powers are cool, story is cool, Name... not so much.

A lot of people are saying it looks generic, but I think the second trailer will really show what the film has to offer.

Disappointed. Hopefully the film turns out to be much much better.

I'll give it a 4/5. Didn't blow me away by any means but it shows enough of what the tone of the movie will be and that its not just another superhero film.

I think this will be another hit for marvel

The trailer didn't blow me away. If one of the causes of tension between Edgar Wright and Marvel Studios that caused him to walk as director was that he wanted to make something that was very much his own and strayed from Marvel formula, then it would seem that problem has been fixed, as much of this feels pretty formulaic. The one glimmer here is Paul Rudd as Ant-Man. I'm sure I'll go see Ant-Man on its release, and because it's Marvel Studios I'm sure it'll be at least watchable, but a lot is resting on Rudd's charismatic shoulders to make the film more than that.

It did show the MS logo and tat is all the audience needs to know to get excited.

that said, I like the teaser. sure, it is not like the gotg teaser, but I remember how members of this forum were angry about that teaser because it was different and not what they expected and I'm pretty positive that if I do a little thread archeology, the usernames of those people were very similiar to some of those users who want this teaser to be more like the gotg teaser was

I rank it somewhere between good and decent. I'm not the type to say something unless I have something good to say (usually), but this trailer just felt a bit average. Not that I'm not still looking forward to it; of course I am. To be honest, though, the audio from the SDCC sounded like it would have made for a more engaging teaser (although I know that was not for mass consumption, I was expecting something a bit more similar to that).

I rated it a 3 mostly because I chuckled at the end comment.

Doesn't strike me at all like the Guardians teaser did, it has quite the mountain to climb if they want to surpass that but I can't help wondering what was the original idea for this and whether it was truly such a step away from the MCU that they couldn't compromise and keep the original storyline?

Now if this was an original Avengers movie set up then I'd be game for it but this isn't and thus not as interested I'm afriad

This is this first Marvel teaser I wasn't compelled to watch 10+ times in a row... I actually watched it once and went back to looking for Agent Carter to stream.

initial reactions to the GOTG teaser (tbf by the usual suspects):

Did not like it ONE bit. Nothing on story, Raccoons animation not groundbreaking and too much emphasis on comedy and forced laughs. Haha I hated it unfortunately.

Theres a difference between being a serious movie and taking itself serious.I dont see that here.

Just because I didnt read it much doesnt mean I never read it at all.Low budget,high school tongue in cheek??Cmon man be creative ooohhh....the roll up middle finger...Really?"StarLord thats what he calls himself"Cmon man how many times have you seen this hokey contrite garbage man???This has all been done before in any given 1980's B rated movie.Over and over and over again.Im looking at all these graphics and awesome makeup jobs and your gonna kill it with some B rated humor here?

Ok I can agree but give us some dark humor give us somthing a little bit more mature.Cause man I wont be able to sit through what im sure will be two hours of a bunch of one liners...That Ive heard all before??
Im just being honest and im sure there are plenty others out there who agree with me but wont admit it(for fear of retaliation and I dont blame them) but I will.As much as I want to see any comic book genere succeed.This one is going to TANK!

I gave this a five. I just didn't really like it and the comedic vibe of it. I'm also not really feeling Chris Pratt as the lead star.

Disappointed. 6/10.

Bits and pieces look awesome, and it was smart to introduce the characters like that, but overall it seems a little....flat?

The dialogue, actors, etc, didn't have as much 'punch' as I'd expect.

I also got a little bit of a space-channel vibe from the set design.

I'd probably give it a 6-7/10. The action collage looked great, but everything else before that didn't really get me all that excited. It was too much focus on quirkiness, and most of the jokes fell flat.

This Trailer didn't do a whole lot for me. I hope they'll deliver a solid 2nd Trailer, and focus on some character interactions, and cut down on the quirky. Or give us a couple jokes that are actually funny.

5 for average looks like its another comedy effort, just don't fancy it

I give it a 6/10 It's ok, but I was really hoping to get more of a feel for the other characters. The Nova Corps was nothing at all like I was expecting, they looked crap to me. I could accept Chris Pratt's Star Lord more if the soundtrack wasn't Hooked On A ****ING FEELING!!! :mad: In fact, it feels like the whole thing was made for TV and not the big screen. If this was made as a spin off from Agents of SHIELD I would've been fine with it but not a damn standalone big budget production!!

It was decent. it didn't even get me excited. Hope Paul Rudd delivers.

Not blown away. Would have like to have seen some more "Oh s**t" special effects moments, but it still showed some of promise. This could end up being the most enjoyable Marvel movie yet, because the general expectations seems so low.

Not bad, but could be better I felt. Some good look at the suit and some action, but I felt it jumped around a bit much. Thought they took too long with the narration to set up a joke I felt we could all see coming. Also wish we could have had a look at the villain's costume (which itself is maybe asking a bit much for a teaser). Good overall though.

I'm still fairly optimistic for this movie. Most of what I've seen has been positive in my opinion. Haven't seen anything since Edgar's sudden departure that really screams alarm bells. Hopefully that holds up with the final product. :up:

^ Which shows that a teaser is not an accurate indicator of the movie's quality.

GOTG's teaser was pretty on point and received very well. Those comments are not a fair representation of the overall fan reaction for that teaser in any way. The marketing for that film played very well into it's success. It was completely in tone and introduced the characters of the film in an excellent and entertaining way that grabbed attention.

While nothing overwhelmingly positive, Ant Man is getting a solid reaction right now. Which is all Marvel needs at this point. It's not getting thrashed by a majority or anything. This got the word out and peaked interest.

Last edited:
I liked this teaser and I'm sure the movie will be good, but like others have said, it didn't blow me away.

Seemed super-generic to start off. I literally thought they were trying to go for a parody of the superhero origin story at first.

I'm not too familiar with the character but with Rudd in the role I expected them to go for a more comedic GOTG route for a teaser?

There will be tons of humour,that said I liked the trailer. Feels pretty personal.

Wow, trailer blew me away. I was not expecting it to look so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"