Rate the Final trailer!

I gave it a 4. It's generic. Not bad, but not good. I don't understand why they changed the flame colors in the negative zone to green (well, maybe it looked to much like MOS). It isn't something fresh and new, it reminds me the fell magic from the Burning Legion in the warcraft universe :

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUtoLaQfC0A[/YT]

(it's funny that the patch which saw the return of the Burning Legion in World of Warcraft was realeased... in june 2015 !)

I saw Ant Man yesterday, a nice little movie. And, prior the movie, there was another FF trailer. Honestly, the Negative Zone doesn't look good at all on a big screen (It's indeed terrible). You must have Matt Murdock visual acuity to not see the bad CGI work.

That's very interesting. The guy from 4chan that claimed to have worked on the film said the effects were not going to be completed at a high resolution unless Fox gave them some more money. If that was true, they would look bad on a theater screen...

I'm giving it a 4. People who were already excited apparently liked it enough, but it confirmed everything I had suspected about this movie. Plus I pretty much called that it would basically just be a repackaged version of what we've already seen, it was disappointing that they didn't have a single shot that looked like something new and unique.
The majority of people hating on it mostly are studio fanboys.

The data is in the entire Fantastic Four thread. Seems like there's been an agenda against this film from Day 1. From the complaining before a single scene was even shot, the boycotting stuff, hoping it fails so Marvel gets the rights back to do it "properly", the booing of their trailers, etc.

There's a difference between being a fan of the FF and legitimately having a problem with the film and having a problem with the film because of a different studio label. From what I've seen, it's mostly the latter.

The film doesn't look horrible and nobody is giving it a chance. It's quite sad.

How can you say any of this? You truly must not be paying attention to the numerous criticisms being piled onto this film because so many of them have merit. From the little things like Kate Mara's wig and the awful containment suits, to the bigger stuff like the spotty CG and awful rendition of Doom, all on top of the numerous production issues, there is more than enough to criticize about this. The fact that you think most of this criticism is due to the studio at hand and not the material is ridiculous, there are more than enough reasons to criticize the content they have released. Then again you are also still denying the behind the scenes issues with Trank, so it appears you have your mind made up already.

Last edited:
Funny how every single one of the detractors here who are accused of studio bias are all unanimously excited about both of those movies.
It's about the product, not the studio in question. Trying to argue otherwise is a deflection.

I gave it a 2. I expected it not to be faithful, but it really surprised me how amateur it was even not accounting for that. Bad dialogue, horrible green screen, and obvious reshoots that don't mesh with the rest of the material. I thought maybe there was a chance this could be a decent sci-fi movie if had nothing to do with the Fantastic Four, but now it looks like strictly Razzie material.

If your trailer isn't good these days it can mean two things.

1 ) The movie has some key plots and twists that can not be shown.

2 ) It simply lacks quality material to show.

I'm a big FF fan, and I think the trailer lacked #2 I think the screenplay, dialog, and action were rather weak. Which likely means the film will be weak.

I'm a big FF fan, and I think the trailer lacked #2 I think the screenplay, dialog, and action were rather weak. Which likely means the film will be weak.

The soundtrack listing actually puts the basic plot together pretty well, and it's very straightforward. It's definitely #2.

Funny how every single one of the detractors here who are accused of studio bias are all unanimously excited about both of those movies.
It's about the product, not the studio in question. Trying to argue otherwise is a deflection.

:up:

I gave it a 1 since there wasn't anything lower.

But at least that makes one of those 10's average out to a 5!

The data is in the entire Fantastic Four thread. Seems like there's been an agenda against this film from Day 1. From the complaining before a single scene was even shot, the boycotting stuff, hoping it fails so Marvel gets the rights back to do it "properly", the booing of their trailers, etc.

There's a difference between being a fan of the FF and legitimately having a problem with the film and having a problem with the film because of a different studio label. From what I've seen, it's mostly the latter.
LOL! So what?

I want this franchise to revert. Do I need an attorney for that? H3ll even Tobey Kebbell wants his character to revert and be done justice. The conspiracy theories, the alleged poor treatment of this film by fans. It doesn't mean anything if Fox is proving us right!

And since you're personal opinion doesn't outweigh anyone else's here have fun with your accusations.

If only the anti-fanboy rants equated to ticket sales right.... :woot:

Re: Rate the Final trailer!

The soundtrack listing actually puts the basic plot together pretty well, and it's very straightforward. It's definitely #2.

You could be right Eddie. I get the sense there are a few types of people are going to see this movie upon early release. The hard core fans ( The best news for the movie ), fans who want to see Jordan's human torch, and those who want to see how bad the movie can be so they can blog about it.

After the tomato meter cans it and word of mouth gets out ( Say 4-5 days after the release ), this film sink will sink faster than building targeted my mole man.

IF they" Studio " Betrays and destroys the Fantastic Four core beliefs as we have known them, I hope the movie bombs.

They already said don’t expect the comic book, Dr. Doom will be a computer hacker, and show Reed working / for with the military ( Would not happen ).

I give it a 5 for the action, but I really didn't see any images of the Fantastic Four or Doctor Doom. Can someone point them out for me?

:up: Pretty much. I'm more excited about Deadpool than Suicide Squad and dare I say Dr. Strange (dun dun dun) Well I haven't seen anything from Dr Strange to get me pumped up, so there's that.

I'd be way more excited for the new X-Men movie if Wolverine was in it. But I'm still looking forward to seeing it and haven't seen anything so far that's turned me off.

The film doesn't look horrible and nobody is giving it a chance. It's quite sad.

It looks terrible. I don't give a **** about a studio label. The film looks awful on it's own merits.

Oh I was behind FF all the way for the longest and I still do like the cast a lot. Do I think that some posters have a blind Marvel bias and would have been against even a good FF film? Sure I do but the film doesn't look good so we don't live in a world where they are only against it for that reason. I mean it just doesn't look like a good film so you don't even have to be biased against Fox to see that.

Obviously Fox made a grave mistake by hiring Josh Trank to direct the film and despite them being rumored to have tried, they just couldn't get out of it. Maybe they will more carefully think over their decisions next time before rushing a rights retaining film into theaters.

Oh I was behind FF all the way for the longest and I still do like the cast a lot. Do I think that some posters have a blind Marvel bias and would have been against even a good FF film? Sure I do but the film doesn't look good so we don't live in a world where they are only against it for that reason. I mean it just doesn't look like a good film so you don't even have to be biased against Fox to see that.

Obviously Fox made a grave mistake by hiring Josh Trank to direct the film and despite them being rumored to have tried, they just couldn't get out of it. Maybe they will more carefully think over their decisions next time before rushing a rights retaining film into theaters.

I do think if this thing flops, the fate of the Fantastic 4 at Fox will come into question. Yeah they aren't going bankrupt like Sony, but makes no sense to hold on to a property that has no value in your hands. Atleast with Marvel, they can incorporate the more fantastical elements, and even the team to the universe. I'd be ok with the 4 appearing other MCU movies first, and not their own if Marvel wants to try and build their reputation back up.

I'll give it a 3 because it does appear to be some form of movie trailer. The content ranges from bad to negatory. It might have been more interesting if they'd cgi'ed some monkeys in there or something, I dunno.

It looks terrible. I don't give a **** about a studio label. The film looks awful on it's own merits.

Dude....I could NOT agree more with you.

I don't get this whole......"Give the movie a chance" or " judge it when you see it" crap. Its ridiculous. I work for every dime I get and I don't just randomly go see films in the theatre that don't look appealing enough to thy own eyes.

You got to get me interested in the first place.

1. The trailer got to sell me on the movie being fun and entertaining enough to dish out 10 bucks. Depending on the kind of movie its supposed to be.

2. It may not look great but it does enough to stroke my curiosity.

3. There's a particular actor or character that I know can carry the film alone.

4. None of the above doesn't even need to apply as long as the hype machine has been through the roof from the start. Sometimes thats enough to get me through the door.

I won't even use the word " horrible" or "terrible" to describe this last trailer because thats a bit harsh. But this film just looks boring as hell. And in an era where we had 50 superhero films and a bunch of team up movies you better come hard or not come at all.

It's fantastic (and not in a good way). Fox had their chance, they had a window for this movie. Of course, fans want more than anything else a MCU with its heart (it's what the FF franchise is after all), but they could have done something. They could have hired a solid director (they had the times since the reboot is supposed to have begun in 2009), have hired a casting with a good balance of one or two named veteran a some new face that actually looked like their counterpart, and have corrected things or add some things after learning of the GOTG success. And the two third (if not more) of us, myself comprised, would have given this movie a chance. I like what I see from Deadpool and Apocalypse, I will see them. But I'm not going to see this sad attempt.

I can understand what Fox had in mind. It wasn't very pretty but, yes, it could have worked. They thought that what they did with First Class (a fine movie) could work again. Trank seemed to have some kind of talent. He promised them a cheap movie (so, they could keep the rights and probably make a profit), and he was a new director (traduction : a Yes man for a studio) Add to it that they put Vaughn in the producer chair "in case of" Trank needed some help. Yes, it should have worked... But Fox made two big mistakes :

- They didn't realised that they changed the conditions : First class was under the control of Vaughn and Singer. Both are experienced director with far more than just "one good movie" behind them. Both were friends from a long time and works very well together, and Singer was the man behind the success of the X Men Franchise (and you can add that Singer is a man who learn from his mistakes and try to improve himself in every movie) Having him as a producer and his friend Vaughn as a director created an emulation that allowed the movie to work.

- Josh Trank was indeed, from the beginning, a self destructive egocentric guy with a dellusion of grandeur. Traduction : he is a time bomb. His task was difficult, since he wasn't experienced, but burning the bridge with everyone, even the ones who were supposed to help him isn't very wise. Pissing the fans because "I suffered so horribly during my teenage years so I need to prove that every other people is wrong and I am right" when the said fans just wanted to be reassured is really stupid and pathetic.

Yes, the OTOY debacle (if true, but, seeing the bad CGI, it's probably true) was due to his lack of experience (but the guys at FOX should haved noticed and corrected this before it was to late), but Trank did an "amazing" job in destroying in carreer in a michael Bay apocalypse like fashion, carrying along the whole FOX studio in his fall (which is hilarious)

Dude....I could NOT agree more with you.

I don't get this whole......"Give the movie a chance" or " judge it when you see it" crap. Its ridiculous. I work for every dime I get and I don't just randomly go see films in the theatre that don't look appealing enough to thy own eyes.

You got to get me interested in the first place.

1. The trailer got to sell me on the movie being fun and entertaining enough to dish out 10 bucks. Depending on the kind of movie its supposed to be.

2. It may not look great but it does enough to stroke my curiosity.

3. There's a particular actor or character that I know can carry the film alone.

4. None of the above doesn't even need to apply as long as the hype machine has been through the roof from the start. Sometimes thats enough to get me through the door.

I won't even use the word " horrible" or "terrible" to describe this last trailer because thats a bit harsh. But this film just looks boring as hell. And in an era where we had 50 superhero films and a bunch of team up movies you better come hard or not come at all.

:up:

For a long time people have been saying: "This may be a good movie, but not a good Fantastic Four movie."

But I think, at least based on the promotion, it's becoming harder and harder to say it could even be a 'good movie' of any kind.

The scene of the generals marching down the hallway sums it up for me. It just looks so cliché' and so juvenile.

Most of us know people who work in the government or work in the military. Those people aren't officious automatons, always looking for the next new weapon. That's a completely ridiculous, unrealistic Hollywood invention. People are people even if they've got 5 stars on their uniform. If they look into they eyes of someone who has just gone through a frightening transformation, they empathize, they don't treat them like an object.

The magic of the Fantastic Four comic books was that, while they had amazing adventures, the people felt like real people. There's vary little in this trailer that makes me feel like we're dealing with real people as opposed to Hollywood clichés.

Nothing about this trailer feels real. And nothing about this trailer feels fresh or unique or interesting.

We've been told this is a talented young cast, but this trailer doesn't showcase that talent in any way. There's no dialogue, there's no drama. "He's stronger than any of us . . . but he's not stronger than all of us." That's not character development. That's a line from a cartoon. "Big ass sunroof" are we supposed to laugh because he said 'ass'?

There's still a slight possibility that this could be a 'good movie' but it sure doesn't look like one from the trailer, and that's the primary thing I use to determine if I'll see a movie or not.

At this moment, the trailer has convinced me not to see it. If the reviews are surprisingly good, I'll still consider seeing it, but they'll have to be good enough to counteract the bad taste this trailer has left in my mouth.

If this were any other movie, I probably wouldn't even pay attention to the reviews. I'd lose interest after seeing the trailer and that would be it. But since this is Fantastic Four, I will at least consider the reviews if they surprise me.

Last edited:
I do think if this thing flops, the fate of the Fantastic 4 at Fox will come into question. Yeah they aren't going bankrupt like Sony, but makes no sense to hold on to a property that has no value in your hands. Atleast with Marvel, they can incorporate the more fantastical elements, and even the team to the universe. I'd be ok with the 4 appearing other MCU movies first, and not their own if Marvel wants to try and build their reputation back up.

I think the best bet would be to produce the FF for television either Netflix or broadcast for a short term solution.

If Marvel were to produce another movie, they won't be able to do it for another 10 years after this disaster.

I think the best bet would be to produce the FF for television either Netflix or broadcast for a short term solution.

If Marvel were to produce another movie, they won't be able to do it for another 10 years after this disaster.

Yeah I really like the idea of an MCU FF sci-fi TV series - set in the 60s actually. I dig the whole superhero period piece approach like in First Avenger, First Class and Agent Carter. It would give them a chance to return to the sense of wonder they captured back in the Lee Kirby days set against the backdrop of that era of discovery. You can play the monster angle better I think too. You could make Reed a WWII veteran who maybe even knew Cap or the Howling Commandos. (Not sure where SLJ's version of Fury fits in here.) You could feature SHIELD in its early days - a younger Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne. You've got Viet Nam, the Cold War, etc. It could be totally rad. I realize there'd be challenges ironing out the chronology/ continuity but it's the FF we're talking -with alternate dimensions/realities, time travel, the microverse etc. they can totally find a way to make it work.

Also a TV series is A) Not yet another reboot movie and B) would allow time for the characters and relationships to really develop beyond caricatures and cliches and C) the episodic nature would mirror the fun of the FF run during its hay day. Going this route would also add a novel aspect to the superhero schtick and distinguish these characters from being nothing more than Avengers Lite. Cause right now that seems to be how Fox is trying to pitch them. Whatever science/discovery angle they appeared to be going for in the first trailer seems to be lost in all the noise.

Johnny: "He's stronger than each one of us!"

Reed: "But he's not stronger than all of us!"

Johnny: "What about 3 of us? Is he stronger than that?"

Reed: "Um, er, well, probably not..."

Johnny: "What about just 2 of us? Is he stronger than that?"

Reed: "Uh, not really sure..."

Johnny: "But you said 4 is stronger, right?"

Reed: "YES! Yes, 4 of us is definitely stronger than him!"

Domashev: zaps Johnny "But now you don't have 4. You only have 3. What will you do now, Reed Richards?"

Reed: "GAHHHH!"

Johnny: "He's stronger than each one of us!"

Reed: "But he's not stronger than all of us!"

Johnny: "What about 3 of us? Is he stronger than that?"

Reed: "Um, er, well, probably not..."

Johnny: "What about just 2 of us? Is he stronger than that?"

Reed: "Uh, not really sure..."

Johnny: "But you said 4 is stronger, right?"

Reed: "YES! Yes, 4 of us is definitely stronger than him!"

Domashev: zaps Johnny "But now you don't have 4. You only have 3. What will you do now, Reed Richards?"

Reed: "GAHHHH!"

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"