RATE then REVIEW the movie DEADPOOL 2!

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by psylockolussus, May 15, 2018.

1. Chip Chipperson the big guy

I keep seeing everyone saying its not as good as DP1 but this honestly surpassed everything I loved about the first. Maybe I need to rewatch the first.

9 out of 10.

2. legendkillin Registered

I give it a 7.5 I enjoyed the first one more and can watch it any time I feel like. I liked this one but I don't see my self doing much rewatching.

The smaller cast made the first film more focused. The villain was better too since this one really didn't have a villain just some angst kid that needed help and Cable having to solve his situation.

3. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

I really enjoyed it. I need to re-watch the first one to see how it really compares but I feel like it's on par. It doesn't feel as fresh as it did the first time, but there's still plenty of laughs, better action sequences, great heart and the best post-credit scene in the history of cinema.

8/10.

4. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

I think I like it more than the first...and I loved the first one. 9/10

Best post credits scene in history.

5. BlackFox Monster Hunter

The second coming...

Thoroughly enjoyable and worthy follow up to the first DP with some nice surprising twists and surprises I genuinely didnt expect as well as some moments that I've always wanted to see from an X-Men film that we had to wait until a DP sequel to get! (Obviously dont want to spoil anything here but yeah, some good stuff in the mix)

Plenty of the usual jabs and comic book mocking you come to expect from the man in red now with again a couple of genuine laugh out loud moments like the first, maybe not as consistent as before but more hits that misses.

The whole thing is slicker and with a few bigger ideas this time out but the main thing is they didnt lose focus of the heart and center of what made the first one so successful in the relationship between Wade and Vanessa. Maybe losing some of the rough edges takes a little off what made the first so unique but it also allows them to have more grander set pieces and better effects on the whole, a few ropey CGI moments apart.

The story is kept simple and straight forward and that really works in the DP world, over complicating things would lose the fun factor and it does take a lot longer for this one to get up and running compared to the first, which hit the ground running, this more takes its time to set it stall out but once it finds its legs it becomes unstoppable all the way to the end, kind of like a freight train, where as the first sort of come out the traps flying then ran out of steam.

Anyway, all the new characters are welcome additions, Domino and Cable fit in really well with the rest and hopefully we get more of them in the future but if not they at least give several great moments here and Reynolds bounces off Broling and Beetz with ease, I really dug Cable's tech and effects in his fight scenes too and Domino's powers were clever. There may be an argument for perhaps too many characters in this one as sometimes some old characters appear just because they were popular from the first and had to come back rather than because they served a great purpose, but its still fun to see them and Colossus was still the best of the bunch and looked even better this time.

Overall it was another fun blast with DP and after a slowish start I didnt want it to end. Similar to John Wick 2, this is very much of the same world but different enough to stand on its own legs (the Bond opening credits where a nice tough too:woot:), the first will always have that surprise factor and fresh feel that sequels cant really ever recreate but this sits nicely along the first and even in some ways ahead of it. The post credit scene is as good as the interwebs suggested, very funny.

Cant wait to see where they take DP3, assuming we get one that is and very glad to see the comic book movie world is 3 and 0 for the year. :dpf::dpl:

8.5/10

#30 BlackFox, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. ultimatereserve Registered

Lackluster but watchable 6/10

To much 4th wall breaking and far to many Marvel and DC jokes. It made for a lazy batch of dialog. Its as though that is all they said for whole sets scenes.

Huge waste of potential cameos with both the Ice Box and the Orphanage. Really? Only Black Tom Cassidy and only for the joke? He never mentioned being a friend of Juggernaut either, not even a line about knowing the guy downstairs?

Juggernaut was wasted yet again, nothing about his powers were accurate, he was just strong i guess? No invulnerability or inertia related abilities.

I feel many of the jokes went to long the almost dead joke, the dub step joke, and a few others.

Not one action scene with the X-force? Even a short one, I guess i can give them credit for taking the risk of setting up a team that never goes anywhere but it would have been cool to see them do something.

Cable was iffy, the scene where he looks in the mirror at his virus and it doesn't move or react is really strange. The house scenes don't match at all.In the first scene we see him looking out his blasted open wall and its a terminator style apocalypse but then when we see what cause that hole his wife and kid are just hanging out at the kitchen counter like its the modern midwest. I'm pretty sure the window shows the outside as well.

the time jumping-Why have such a meaningful scene about her telling Dead Pool it wasnt time yet when he would just reset it? Will Cable just pop home now? That was a weak point for sure.

The film seemed like they couldn't say no to any idea or joke and just threw it all in. I say it could have used another run through and some editing.

The good-Colossus Finally getting to show off, The visuals, soundtrack, cast interaction, keeping everything in the daylight was nice, that is a great theme lately ever since Avengers showed you can do big CGI action in the sunshine. I likes Wade getting some screen time and his scene without the Mask were really good.

With everything that got thrown into this and the overload of humor, I can see why they couldn't keep the original team together on this one. I dont think a 3 will come to be but he will show up as the new Anchor of the X universe now that Jackmans gone.

7. Kane52630 SILVER SHAMROCK USER

[​IMG]
    Deadpool 2

I enjoyed it, but it's got a few problems. Like with most sequels, it's bigger and badder, but it's also less focused. With the first one, it had something to prove and it was unlike anything we've seen before on screen. But with this one, it feels like it was just taking a victory lap. There's a lot of moments where I wish they went the extra mile like with the time travel and with the secret character. Also there's a few jokes in here that could have been better with just a couple of line changes. That being said, this was a lot of fun. There's a lot of unexpected moments and reveals that you don't see coming. A lot of the meta jokes were funny, but some of them seem to be a repeat from the first one. I thought Domino, Cable, and Colossus were the highlights outside of Deadpool. I will say it started off pretty slow, but once we get to the X Force portion of the movie, it becomes a lot better. As for the after credit scene, it is indeed one of the best ones out there. Overall, despite the slow moving parts, it was a fun movie.
    8/10

8. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

:woo 6/10

This is probably a generous rating for a movie that just isn’t very good.

It really didn’t know what it wanted to be. Very haphazard as it occasionally tried to reach for emotion that just wasn’t available to what is basically a live action cartoon. Was it mocking the genre or was it trying to be a full fledged superhero action flick? Being stuck in the middle, it fails at both. The action wasn’t very notable and the casual deaths and murders are off-putting for the most part.
    (Even the Colossus VS Juggernaut scene was a huge disappointment)

Some chuckles were to be had but it really isn’t a full blown laugh-fest. When the after credits stuff is better than the movie itself, I have to classify it as a disappointment.

The supporting cast was nearly useless with the character of Cable being nothing more than an uninteresting and shallow straight man with no depth. Domino wasn’t as bad as feared and no other new character was in the movie for more than 30 seconds.

Overall, the Deadpool magic is gone and Disney has to figure out where this mess fits when their Fox acquisition is complete. Money talks and I’m sure the box office will be great but this nonsense makes X-Men in the MCU a tough sell.

9. Longshot777 Registered

Deadpool 1 was funnier

BUT this gave us Colossus vs You Know Who that X-Men 3 The Last Stand FAILED to deliver.

Also gave us a character (too bad it wasn’t the X-men Longshot) whose actions can affect probability fields for first time in a movie which was made fun by Deadpool.

So this movie delivers the goods for the sequel.

10. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Really fun movie.

8/10.

11. Elayis Registered

This covers a lot of my thoughts about the film. It's trying to be both a rollicking comedy and a movie that tackles serious issues, but most of the jokes fall flat and the drama isn't earned. I disliked that yet another movie fridge the love interest in the first act, and the overall plot was nearly identical to Looper's.

In fact, most of the movie's set pieces are simply cheap knockoffs from iconic movies. It doesn't seems like a lot of thought went into the movie as a whole. It's as if the entire script was cooked up with Reynold's and the writers sitting around getting baked, saying "wouldn't it be cool if..?"

I think the biggest take away for me was how flat the filmmaking was. Very little worked of what I'm sure was supposed to. The action isn't thrilling, the jokes aren't funny, the drama isn't heart-rending. It's not a very engaging movie, and a lot of the CGI (in particular Colossus, Juggernaut and the train set piece) is awful, seriously some of the worst I've seen in a major blockbuster in a decade or so. For a film with a budget over $100 mil it's inexcusable. And here I've been thinking the MCU's VFX has been subpar.

I was really looking forward to Cable in particular, but he's so undercooked I'm not really sure why he's in the movie at all. Same goes for the rest of the supporting cast outside of Russell. At least Domino was cool, hopefully she gets a lot more to do in X-Force.

But then I've been tired of Deadpool's schtick for awhile, since Marvel gave him like five ongoing titles back in 2010 or whenever. I'm just not the kind of person who gets much out of a movie that spends two hours doing nothing but trolling the audience.

#36 Elayis, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  12. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    I give it an 8/10 really fun movie I thought the climax was a little smaller compared to dp1. all the characters were great I didn’t have a problem with some of the characters taking a back seat this time around. I feel like the action was a little let down I really wanted some cool fight scenes between dp and cable the colossus fight at the end was great. The one thing I really hated was the kid he was annoying as Fock

13. Teelie Jokerface

8/10 from me too. It doesn't quite live up to the first movie but it is every bit a good sequel which is a rarity these days. This movie really had some large shoes to fill and it managed to do it for the most part. Domino was definitely the highlight although everyone else (even Cable) brought something to the movie.

14. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

9.5/10

Love the 1st Deadpool movie and loved this one even more. My only complaint is how the rest of the X-Force team died so quickly without showcasing their powers and partaking in some action. However, their deaths were hilarious. So it was a pro/con thing for me.

15. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

It was okay. Though I didn't like how disposable and under used the other characters were.

16. Hypestyle Registered

I'd give the movie a B.

spoilers

The film was goofy and enjoyable. Nice to see Reynolds' input. I haven't seen Atomic Blonde but the director did a good job putting this together.

More Zazie in X-Force! And a solo movie. :-* :-* :-* :-* (Still haven't seen any Atlanta yet)

.. bumping off all the X-Force recruits? Nasty... and kind of a waste of Terry Crews, at least.. He couldn't be Bishop? I know, Omar Sy played him in a previous movie, but... could have been interesting to have him follow Cable from the future and have them go at it for a while before patching things up..

I hope that Brolin gets to continue as Cable in X-Force, he makes a nice straight man to Deadpool's foolishness.

I was surprised that there got to be a full-on fight between Colossus and Juggernaut! Awesome! It was great that Juggy was CGI this time around. I wonder who played him physically?
    The young man playing Russell was impressive. I wonder if he'll be continuing with the next movie. Nice aside about plus-sized superheroes.

Too bad about the personal problems of the guy who plays Weasel. Doubtful if he'll show up again..

The 'healing/baby torso' sequence at Blind Al's was cringeworthy, lol.. I was hoping that Blind Al would show up for the climax, shooting at random.

... I wish Dopinder hadn't killed the guy at the end. Obviously it was played for laughs, but.. eh.. this guy is 'off' if he really thinks he had to become some kind of "bad-azz killer" to be part of the team...

.. yeah, it's entertainment, it's not that deep, but... lol..

.... There was a mid-credits scene? I had to use the bathroom... ah well..

17. Lip Registered

Expectation is a *****.

Right now I'll give a 6.5.

I'll wait more and try to reevaluate it, because my expectations really affected my experience. But right now it's a 6.5 for me.

18. jignat Registered

I saw Deadpool 2 earlier today.

I liked it, but imo it was a step down from the first.

Pros:

Humor for the most part.

Action sequences. (David Leitch's John Wick skills prepared him for the action in this.)

Brolin and Zazie as Cable/Domino in acting/dialogue/character.

Colossus vs a classic X-men character in the final battle (The way this person is defeated was the most funny and unexpected to me.)

IMO the best end credit scene of all time

Cons:

Lack of setup /background info on Cable. We saw some glimpses, but I wish they would have gone in more detail about his future setting (I know his backstory is convoluted, but they could have given some more details considering he is the 2nd main character) (Domino too)

Negasonic was underused in this film. I feel her biting head to head with DP was one of the best things about the original

They tried to make DP and Russell/Rusty have an emotional connection but it didnt grab me .

The first hour seems a bit "loose" and could have been more tightly edited/paced.

DP 1 had a straightforward "Revenge" story and flowed better.

Lack of a true villain. I knew Cable would be the "anatagonist" initially and then team up with DP , but the character who dies at the end was not developed well.

I would have rewritten it to have a character from the prison and who Colossus fights as the main villains .They were both X-men and DP villains so I thought they would be used more prominently.

A group of characters is used essentially for a bad joke. Some of them arent classic, but they deserved better than what happened in the movie. Especially since it was their first appearance in an x-men movie.

Overall: A good movie but I think they should tone down the meta/joke stuff and work a little more on the story/plot more.

Deadpool 2 7.5/10

Deadpool 8.5/10

19. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

It's mostly entertaining but sometimes unengaging. The jokes/meta stuff starts to wear a bit thin.

And it's just too full-on with the gory violence and swearing.

Cable was undercooked and just wasn't very well developed, Colossus had iffy CGI at times (and the voice didn't match the lips), many characters were wasted.

I felt the heavy hand of studio and producers in repeating the main errors of this franchise: stuffing in cameos, and killing people off. Haven't they learned?
    Killing off Black Tom, Bedlam and Shatterstar in particular felt wrong to me. The Black Tom actor/character had real presence and we also deserved more of Terry Crews as Bedlam than this. Vanisher's powers were wrongly depicted and it's also a shame he was killed off.

It feels like Deadpool has been 'X-Men-ised' but I felt most of that was overdone and unnecessary.
    It was nice to see a little glimpse of the Dark Phoenix cast - especially with no Mystique there - but did we really need so much of the mansion stuff with Deadpool in the wheelchair and with the Cerebro headpiece, wearing the yellow X-shirt, etc? Seemed overcooked

Rating? Not sure. No more than 7, maybe a 6.

20. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

It was weird seeing Deadpool in the mansion so much and the other X-Men not caring... That's totally unlike Xavier. All you see really caring is Colossus, while the two girls act as tag along slash trainees.

21. AndrewGilkison Registered

I had a good time with the movie but I think I liked the first movie better. I think it had something special going for it that was kind of missing from this one.

22. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Definitely a 7.5, C+ movie for me.

23. The Endless WE are Groot

I thought it was awesome. Better than the first.

24. Smilodon Registered

If anything the studio should've stepped in and said, "No, don't go killing off your characters." The Deadpool team gets to do whatever it wants now, more or less.

But who cares, they're just supposed to be gags. It's a Deadpool film. We knew when we didn't get announcements for Tan, Crews, Skarsgard's casting that they'd most likely be cannon fodder. If they had larger roles, there probably would've been press about it. Not to mention it's a Deadpool film first and foremost. Everyone else is secondary.

Anyways, I enjoyed it. It's not as tight as the first and I felt like certain action bits were very good, (mostly when Zazie, Josh and Ryan were fighting) but when it came to using CGI in a larger scale fight it just wasn't as slick.

Maybe Dave could've had more time to previz? Who knows.

25. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

If I have to score it... This is a 6/10.

Thoroughly "meh" for me when it's all said and done.

Most gags did hit but that's all that worked this time out. Everything that was not based on humor was mostly textureless and flat.