Realistically, when can we expect another FF film?

They just put the low budget/low profile reboot into theaters. It didn't do so well.

122M isn't exactly low budget either. Ant-Man was done with 8M more. Iron Man was done on a 140M budget.
And I think there are other factors explaining why it didn't do so well.

Last edited:
And I don't think we really need to have another topic to debate the legal stuff, we've had excellent posts from both sides of the argument, let's just wait and see is it possible or not by learning more about upcoming FOX movies. :p

I have not seen any compelling argument myself that suggests a crossover is currently within Fox's legal rights with these IP's. If you can point one out I'd be interested to see it.

Fant4stic 2: Revenge of the Trank Will be released the same year Green Lantern 2, Superman Returns 2, Elektra 2, Cat woman 2 and Batman Triumphant get released.

What a glorious year it will be, it'll make 2016 look like amateur hour.

I'm hoping for a Marvel F4 2020 film.

Thanks. Tbh I don't find that a compelling argument myself at all. It is based on the presumption that if the contracts don't specifically say 'no crossover', Fox can still do it regardless and get away with it if sued because Marvel has done it. Going as far as to state a crossover to a non Marvel property under Fox's wing too would be possible makes this position even less convincing.

'Intellectual Property' contracts don't work that way. Each IP has different t&cs, different deadlines, different % cuts etc. Key factors a crossover would breach unless there is a legal re-negotiation for terms and conditions that specifically account for that purpose.

Marvel Studios and WB/DC are not bound by those things with the films they make as they own the characters they are using in full. No way Fox could say "Well...those guys did it so why not us?" Because, as a judge would point out, "Your contracts are for separate IP's."

Just look at the Supergirl business. Her TV show is at a different network than Arrow/Flash and initially she isn't in the same world as theirs. However a crossover there is possible as both are open to one and Producer Greg Berlanti apparently had it written into his contract to allow for it too.

Fox are in a very different position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"