Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the trailer for Season 2. I thought Season 1 had its moments, but was sought of "eh."

Watching the trailer, THIS is the show I want to see!

I wonder if one of those Inquisitors is Ventress. Also, it seems that is the Inquisitors weapon full stop, not just the first.

Just saw the trailer for Season 2. I thought Season 1 had its moments, but was sought of "eh."

Watching the trailer, THIS is the show I want to see!
Good thing the season is probably going have the usual 22 episodes. :woot:

YT for Rebels Season 2 Trailer:

[YT]Av8GjpGK98A[/YT]

tumblr_nn0n336ctb1tiwa1fo1_500.gif

-Vader swatting Kana/Ezra away as effortlessly as I'd expect him to.
-Ezra's scars from the S1 finale are still visible, nice attention to detail.
-Female Inquisitor=Barriss?
-HONDO!!
-SHEEV (well at least his voice)!!
-REX!!
-Kallus defending/protect Maketh Tua, interesting.
-Ahsoka sensing Anakin (I hope).
All in all, really cool trailer.

giphy.gif

Hondo, Rex, Ventress, Vader, and Ahsoka! They were holding out on us in season one!
-Vader swatting Kana/Ezra away as effortlessly as I'd expect him to.
-Ezra's scars from the S1 finale are still visible, nice attention to detail.
-Female Inquisitor=Barriss?
-HONDO!!
-SHEEV (well at least his voice)!!
-REX!!
-Kallus defending/protect Maketh Tua, interesting.
-Ahsoka sensing Anakin (I hope).
All in all, really cool trailer.

Kanan and Ahsoka say it's a dark presence they haven't felt since the Clone Wars. Sidious was the one that the Jedi could sense during the Clone Wars and Episode 3. Not Anakin.

Last edited:
Looks very good. Vader looks great and seeing him be an absolute unstoppable monster looks like a lot of fun. But that voice.... It's terrible. :(

I also am not a fan of them bringing Rex back. I guesshis defection spins out from the Clone arc at the end of TCW but I've never been a big fan of clones staying good.

Last edited:
I'm sure the voice effect is temporary.

giphy.gif

Hondo, Rex, Ventress, Vader, and Ahsoka! They were holding out on us in season one!

Kanan and Ahsoka say it's a dark presence they haven't felt since the Clone Wars. Sidious was the one that the Jedi could sense during the Clone Wars and Episode 3. Not Anakin.

There's going to have to be some REALLY GOOD writing to sell me on the idea that Ahsoka wouldn't be able to sense that Vader=Anakin. Right now, I'm not buying that at all.

*Me watching*: "good...good....really awesome...HONDO!!!!!!!!!!"

So from the looks of it, the Vader encounter happens very early, likely in the premier (which I think is two episodes again).

I say that because we see Vader cut Kanan's shoulder pauldron and in many other scenes in the trailer we see the cut. The premiere has also been really "hyped up" by people working on it.

I expect the premier will have the Rebels Crew fleeing Lothal but, right before they escape, Vader confronts them. Through some contrived means they manage to escape (likely with help from Ahsoka) and the Inquisitors are then dispatched to hunt them down.

There's going to have to be some REALLY GOOD writing to sell me on the idea that Ahsoka wouldn't be able to sense that Vader=Anakin. Right now, I'm not buying that at all.

What makes you think she won't sense who Vader really is? There's nothing in the trailer that indicates one way or the other.

I wonder if one of those Inquisitors is Ventress. Also, it seems that is the Inquisitors weapon full stop, not just the first.

I'm reminded of someone's idea bout brainwashed former Jedi as Inquisitors. Someone suggested Barriss Offee. I wonder if the masked female Inquisitor could be her?

What makes you think she won't sense who Vader really is? There's nothing in the trailer that indicates one way or the other.

I could see them playing the angle that she doesn't really know, but finds something familiar about him until she finally finds out. Though I have to wonder if Ashoka would ultimately survive or if Vader may end up killing her.

I liked seeing the B-wing and A-wings, I'm curious about their new origins.

I'm reminded of someone's idea bout brainwashed former Jedi as Inquisitors. Someone suggested Barriss Offee. I wonder if the masked female Inquisitor could be her?

I could see them playing the angle that she doesn't really know, but finds something familiar about him until she finally finds out. Though I have to wonder if Ashoka would ultimately survive or if Vader may end up killing her.

The only way I can see Ahsoka surviving is either the Ghost crew pulls her ash out of the fire at the last minute or she gets incredibly lucky in some other way. Even if she is faster or more skilled with a blade now that Anakin is more machine than man he far out matches her in the Force.

I'm totally being old Rex for Halloween.

The only way I can see Ahsoka surviving is either the Ghost crew pulls her ash out of the fire at the last minute or she gets incredibly lucky in some other way. Even if she is faster or more skilled with a blade now that Anakin is more machine than man he far out matches her in the Force.

Pretty certain Ahsoka will have more than one encounter with Vader.

Spoilers from the season 2 premiere.

The Vader duel is in the premiere. But they all manage to escape.

Ahsoka learns who Vader is. Vader know who she is.

Spoilers from the season 2 premiere.

The Vader duel is in the premiere. But they all manage to escape.

Ahsoka learns who Vader is. Vader know who she is.

:awesome: I can't wait to see her reaction to that revelation!

:awesome::ssbr:

Oh man, the sheer amount of Vader awesomeness... Damn, this is going to be awesome. Handles Kanan and Ezra like nothing. Takes out bunch of fighters and a few larger ships solo.

Lots of other cool things in the trailer. Can't wait to see the other Inquisitors (I'm thinking the female is Bariss). Liking Sabine's new hair color. Neat to see the old Clones.

Also, Marvolo, it is important to note that they said that they hadn't felt a presence LIKE that since the Clone Wars. So, most likely refering to Vader feeling like Dooku/Ventress/Maul/Savage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"