Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion - Part 1

You can't please everyone, and the EU fan(atic)s would be complaining no matter what they did. We're not only getting Thrawn back in canon, but we're also getting him on screen for the first time, played by an amazing actor, AND a brand new novel from Timothy Zahn. Screw the vocal minority, this is a time to be celebrating.

Exactly! This is an EU victory!

THRAWN IS CANON! :slash:

A bunch of EU fanatics that whined about Disney throwing away the EU, then whine about EU characters and elements being picked up.

It's caused a giant split now between Give Us Legends/Bring Back Legends. Many within the group see it as a victory - like myself - while others are bitter about the whole thing.

It's caused a giant split now between Give Us Legends/Bring Back Legends. Many within the group see it as a victory - like myself - while others are bitter about the whole thing.
There is no giant split. The TFA box office and comic sales show just that. Heck even the books are selling well. You make it sound like there are millions of Star Wars fans complaining about this. Clearly not the case. :funny:

And it is a "victory" if you are ready for Thrawn to be dead before RotJ. :hehe:

Huh?

Oh I see what you are doing... The chicken is green only on Tuesdays. :funny:

The Eastern wind will blow and the Western flower will pop when the King of Time enters the red wagon. :hehe:

And it is a "victory" if you are ready for Thrawn to be dead before TFA. :hehe:

Fixed :hehe:

But he's never going to be in the Sequel Trilogy, and he's certainly not Snoke *casts withering glance at Plagueis theorists.*

Huh?

Oh I see what you are doing... The chicken is green only on Tuesdays. :funny:

The Eastern wind will blow and the Western flower will pop when the King of Time enters the red wagon. :hehe:
Where is this giant split? As Roose said, vocal minority.

Fixed :hehe:

But he's never going to be in the Sequel Trilogy, and he's certainly not Snoke *casts withering glance at Plagueis theorists.*
:funny:

I am very happy to have him back. I like that they show him studying his enemy in the trailer. Clearly a different approach. I also love that Tarkin just bust out different threats when he feels like it. Vader last year. Thrawn now.

Are you sure he isn't Snoke? Like positive? Are you also sure Ben's name isn't Jacen? :o

Last edited:

Where is this giant split? As Roose said, vocal minority.

"It's caused a giant split now between..." (Fill in the blank)

you have 30 seconds.. good luck.

th

:funny:

I am very happy to have him back. I like that they show him studying his enemy in the trailer. Clearly a different approach. I also love that Tarkin just bust out different threats when he feels like it. Vader last year. Thrawn now.

Are you sure he isn't Snoke? Like positive? Are you also sure Ben's name isn't Jacen? :o

More than anything I'm glad he's in the hands of Dave Filoni, who really respects these characters and knows how to make real use of them. I know a lot of people were sceptical about having Vader used in Season 2, but they really managed to make him seem like the ominous, elemental threat that he is within the confines of the show. What I'm really hoping for, because I'm greedy, is a scene with Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin and the Emperor conferring at some point, magnificent bastards :hehe:

I can't be sure of anything at this point, maybe Snoke is Ben Quadrinaros. The only way I'll know for sure is if I seek the advice of the Hype's psychic posters :sly:

I've come to the conclusion that DarthSkywalker is evil. A very dark & very dangerous type of evil. The type of evil where light bulbs burst in his presence. Where books fly off bookcases. Cats scream and candles lose their flame.

I've come to the conclusion that DarthSkywalker is evil. A very dark & very dangerous type of evil. The type of evil where light bulbs burst in his presence. Where books fly off bookcases. Cats scream and candles lose their flame.

Sounds like a pest more than an evil entity.:o

Is it evil to speak the truth? You should consider why the truth burns you. :cwink:

Sounds like a pest more than an evil entity.:o
I am the ghost from the beginning of Ghostbusters. Minding my business until people show up in my library.

More than anything I'm glad he's in the hands of Dave Filoni, who really respects these characters and knows how to make real use of them. I know a lot of people were sceptical about having Vader used in Season 2, but they really managed to make him seem like the ominous, elemental threat that he is within the confines of the show. What I'm really hoping for, because I'm greedy, is a scene with Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin and the Emperor conferring at some point, magnificent bastards :hehe:

I can't be sure of anything at this point, maybe Snoke is Ben Quadrinaros. The only way I'll know for sure is if I seek the advice of the Hype's psychic posters :sly:
I feel like Filoni has a bit of a hit or miss track record as a showrunner. Like the connective tissues of a season aren't quite there. But he is a strong writer and always makes sure the characters "get over".

Shouldn't we have a Season 3 open discussion thread now?

Truthfully, the S3 trailer thread probably should've just been the new Open Discussion.

This is bull#%^* I can't preorder season 2 on blu ray at Amazon because I have to be a prime member. Guess I'm just going to get it at Best Buy.

You can't please everyone, and the EU fan(atic)s would be complaining no matter what they did. We're not only getting Thrawn back in canon, but we're also getting him on screen for the first time, played by an amazing actor, AND a brand new novel from Timothy Zahn. Screw the vocal minority, this is a time to be celebrating.

I will say, one of my friends who collected nearly every Star Wars EU novel, who's been pissed about the EU canon being obsolete, is actually interested in this book. I may very well buy it for him.

Well if anyone was going to get old fans of the EU into the current canon, it'd be Zahn. He, along with James Luceno seem to have made the transition pretty seamlessly, so hopefully they can bring back more of the older fanbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"